Light-O-Rama Forums

What Did You Get Done Today?

Guest wbottomley

WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY!!!!

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=B391FEB1972280F0!221&authkey=!AGvDJXMu7DjBhAM&v=3

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=B391FEB1972280F0!220&authkey=!AJrfiKZAo1suFo4&v=3

Finally finished a talking fox wire frame for a fellow lighter.  Making it talk added a lot of height to it.  So I made it fold using some hinges I made earlier this year.  (When I'm ready I'll show details of the hinges in the vendor market place).  Just wanted to show off my fox...

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• plasmadrive

• dgrant

• 75redman

Fixed my show computer this morning that died on me. Failed primary video card. Good thing I had a spare so all's good again! Everything is duplicated on a second machine just in case. So words for the wise, backup, backup, backup!

Today I made a list of what I have to do this weekend...and if the weekend were 21 days long, I may just get it done..

Today I finished installing my 12-port GlowVision Ethernet pixel strip controller.  It is an advance production unit from Gordon Lights that supports the 12 GlowVision Pixel strips I have for the mega tree I built.  I had planned on building my own setup but when I found out about this I jumped on it.  I don’t have a lot of time and having this controller ready to go is perfect for me.

Got my last three mini trees built and wired, for a total of 8. Now on to the mega tree...and programming...and...

Verfying and correcting shows and schedules. We have 18 1 hour shows. Playing 6 different ones per night. Gonna start hanging lights soon.

Started hanging lights today. GECE outline of the roof tested great tonight. GECE on the columns tested great also. 2811's on frames around windows and shutters installed. 27 super strings installed on roof. Meetings next two days so Saturday Night will be a bright one...

Jeff

I got the Mega Tree up today and as always every time I start to put it up It rains. Is this supposed to be some kind of curse similar, but not as bad as the winder curse?

About 50% of the outside lights are up. Most can't go up until I take the Halloween stuff down, which I am thinking this is the last year for Halloween because it gets in my way of getting my Christmas display up.

Not today, but yesterday I completed my Pixel Strapping for the 16 leg tree. I still have 4 pigtails to attach and adjust the spacing on those 4. Saturday, I start setup first thing for a few elements, and then the weekend after Halloween, Full Blown Setup starts.

Good luck to all this year and be careful on the ladders and roofs and such.

Happy Lighting

Repaired, tighened and installed all my window frame lights that looked like crap last year. Hopefully will look better this year.

Finished (maybe some more tweaking) my first actual sequence that is intended to control lights.

Actually placed lights and extension cords in the yard.

Connected the controller to the laptop and ran the sequence!

Ok, it was just a lightening and thunder sequence but hey it was a big step for me!

Am I supposed to mail my "V" card in to LOR? :lol: