Light-O-Rama Forums

What Did You Get Done Today?

Guest wbottomley

I got my main power and network cables run out to the yard, and got Controllers #1 and #3 installed in the yard so I could plug in the lights that I hung on my gutters.  Had planned on getting my landscape bushes wrapped with lights, but I basically spent my whole day trying to get Ethernet and power cables run - basically "up and down" the extension ladder.  

On the list for tomorrow - get landscape bushes wrapped and empty out storage unit.  Picking up the rental truck from U-Haul tomorrow morning so that I can empty out my 10'x10' storage unit.  The joys of moving boxes and boxes of Christmas stuff from my second-floor storage unit.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• plasmadrive

• dgrant

• 75redman

Put the deer out to play with the antelope. Got 6 snowflakes up on the clothesline. Tomorrow have to get the two controllers mounted outside on their respective places and string the cat5 cable between them. Then have to get power out to each item on the right channels.

Got 16, 3/16ths steel cables and the first set of lights for my 15 foot spiral tree installed. The rest should be a spin in the park.

OK .. Got a few minutes to post what I have installed so far. My new 180 degree 20 foot pixel tree plus Seizure Star has been installed and tested. OMG it looks great. The 35 foot mega tree with 64 channels and 4 strings of 150 incands has been installed just wiring up controllers now. House is fully installed with outline in GECE and windows/shutters are 2811's. 10 little trees installed along the walkway. 24 foot 16 channel spiral tree installed. 5- 11 foot trees installed but hooking them up today. 100 foot beam and Nativity Scene installed. Chat Later as I will be on my knee's all day today....

Jeff

What a bummer....  Saturday I put all my lights on my 27ft mega tree (2600 lights).  Tested that night and everything worked.  Tested it last night and one of the stings will not light up.  So I had to lower the hook head and replace the string. :o

This process took so long, trying NOT to get all the other stings tangled up.   At least it happened now and not after the opening night. 

That's why we test.

Yep.. That's a Bummer for sure.. I have mine setup so I can lower just the string that is out.. That was a blessing last year and took the topper to a shop and had it welded this year. Mega tree is good and tight now.  This morning 30 degrees here and just wired up 64 channels on the mega tree. Hope to test it tonight and make sure all 256 strings are still good. Tested them all before I installed them so may have one or two not working. Eat lunch and wire up 5 of the 11 footers to the main cabinet.

Jeff

Mounted 16 snowflakes on the roof and wired them to the controller.  

Mounted a string of C9's on the peak of the roof.

Went out for a burger and a beer.  

That took most of the day.

Mounted 16 snowflakes on the roof and wired them to the controller.  

Mounted a string of C9's on the peak of the roof.

Went out for a burger and a beer.  

That took most of the day.

You did all that BEFORE the beer? Good job!!!

Mega tree completed and 5 tree's wired to underground cables back to main box. Damn it was cold all day!!!

so is the trick to this "hobby" not getting hooked until after you are retired? Otherwise, how do you get this stuff done during the day!?!

so is the trick to this "hobby" not getting hooked until after you are retired? Otherwise, how do you get this stuff done during the day!?!

"Sick Leave" from work :D

"Sick Leave" from work :D

Also, use the spot lights you use for the show to light up your work area at night. :D

Wraped 21 tubes for my arches for the first time and ..my hands hurt

Picked up 8 boxes of c7 bulbs, 25 boxes of clear and green mini's,20 ex cords,played with some sequencing and about to do a test run on my new arches.

Spent about 10 hours yesterday and today getting everything out in the yard and powered up. Did a test with a couple of songs and everything went perfectly. Even the wife, who was skeptical about this whole thing to begin with, was in awe. Just need to sequence 4 more songs and I'm ready for Christmas 2013!

My wife did the same thing. Now she is trying to give me advice and suggest changes lol

Another quick test last night as I got to wondering if I reversed the arches like I did last year and had to fix then. Yep, I sure did mess up again, so this morning, I'll get out there and fix them....again. Sooner or later, I'll learn.

After some physical therapy this morning, I felt up to getting my two controllers mounted. One outside and one in the garage. Next I have to string some cat5 between them......after a quick nap!

Nativity Scene wired, Beam to Mega Tree star wired, strobes in mega tree wired, 4 arch's installed and wired, tested and installed 7500 incands and installed.  WOW what a day...

Jeff

Got the pixel tree legs all nice and tidy. Still have to tweak the alignment and tomorrow, Install all the wiring and the E682 for the pixel tree. Testing begins Saturday.