Light-O-Rama Forums

What Did You Get Done Today?

Guest wbottomley

Finished all window frames and zipped up all the nodes to them. Finished this last night. Next is to finish welding up base mount on mega tree star and zipping the rectangle nodes it.(tomorrow's project) Next will be zipping nodes to the outlines of the house edges, then the roof outline is next.(hopefully done this weekend) Next will be zipping the 1500+ nodes to emt for the mega.....

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• plasmadrive

• dgrant

• 75redman

Finished programming my stand alone nativity this wknd. Now to finish layout for the main display tonight. Then program like a madman on the main display.

working on halloween prop"s and try to make so money for a controller this year i hope  building some new singing  face's

Finished putting together controller #6.  ID set, tested, and ready to go.  This controller will be for my candy cane spinners this year.

162 days until lights on.

I've been lazy and just started to get back to work.

Making arch segments, 28 done, 14+ spares to go.

Need to setup mega tree and test everything (In back yard, don't want to let neighbors see it.)

Bought video surveillance system, got to try to protect the investment.

Running additional electrical circuits next week.

A lot of sequencing to do. I've got 10 songs picked out for this year (my first year).

fog chiller

tons of sequences for Halloween and Christmas

Star In The East

started Scarecrow

Big G

Big G?

Got my brand new 2811DC30 mounted. Neat little board, handles 10 RGB channels and hooks into your E1.31 data stream to run RGB nodes (Dumb). Haven't got to test yet. I have a honey-do list to take care of today.

If you're interested, here's the link http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,4244.new.html#new

DIY Blinky controller and small power supply mounted in a CG500. Pattern for RGB star printed out for drilling. A little bit of sequencing.

• 2 months later...

...I built a cat5 rgb led strip/ prop tester. (not sure why I waited so long...)

'bout 15 bucks in parts.

tj

post-9991-0-74119600-1377981689_thumb.jp

Edited by tjflory

After weeks and weeks of cutting / splicing / ordering resistors and diodes I finally got my 6000 icicle led's put together and hung on the old pvc pipe. They turned out pretty nice. So when it comes time to put them up I hook the pvc onto 6 hooks and they are up. Cutting and splicing these has been a challenge as the white and green had (2) 36 led sections and (1) 28 led section. The reds came thru with (2) 50 led sections. So they are now hanging out in the garage waiting for the put up day.

post-819-0-83956800-1378087625_thumb.jpg

Set up my mega tree in the back yard.  16 channels 17 feet tall.  All channels worked.

Ordered 50 more female vampire taps.

88 days until light up (Nov. 29)

Wayne K,

I want to clarify.... by splicing, do you mean that you cut up led strings and spliced back together with a different amount of lights than the original strings?  If that is what you meant, did you do anything use any resistors or anything to compensate for difference in voltage?

If so, your new icicle sets may not last long.  :(

Lori

After weeks and weeks of cutting / splicing / ordering resistors and diodes I finally got my 6000 icicle led's put together and hung on the old pvc pipe. They turned out pretty nice. So when it comes time to put them up I hook the pvc onto 6 hooks and they are up. Cutting and splicing these has been a challenge as the white and green had (2) 36 led sections and (1) 28 led section. The reds came thru with (2) 50 led sections. So they are now hanging out in the garage waiting for the put up day.

Wayne K,

I want to clarify.... by splicing, do you mean that you cut up led strings and spliced back together with a different amount of lights than the original strings?  If that is what you meant, did you do anything use any resistors or anything to compensate for difference in voltage?

If so, your new icicle sets may not last long.  :(

Lori

Yes, I made new rectifiers and put in new resisters to set the ma draw back as close as I could to a new set draw before hacking apart. Thanks for being concerned.

Wayne

We finished mounting our pixel controllers & power supplies in CG-1500 boxes, completed our last of four monster faces and headed off the back-yard for ribeye sandwiches and lemon shake-ups. :)

Happy Labor Day everyone!

Edited by Bizywk