Light-O-Rama Forums

What Did You Get Done Today?

Guest wbottomley

Set up the 33'  mega tree tower today. Attached the LED light pole and LED floods prior to raising.

Lights get hung next weekend if weather holds out.

Just bought an 8 camera security system with 1 terabyte hard drive.  Now to install it!! :)

I have one of those I installed last year. Very nice to have.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• plasmadrive

• dgrant

• 75redman

I got the roof lights up, the 4 colors of icicles and my strobes on the house.

I broke out the other items to get ready for another pretty day.

Next, the snow flakes.

Got the base finished for my pixel tree.  Got the base for my led mega tree painted, wife even helped.  Double checked all my network items to make sure data is going where it's supposed to.  I'm sure I'll have to go thru that again.  Helped wife putting away all of the Halloween decorations and storing the boxes back in the garage.  I hate daylight savings time!  I'd much rather have the clocks stay put.  ANyway, still on the fence about my center pole for my pixel tree, but tomorrow is another day.

Mounted 14 snowflakes on my roof today.  8 white and 6 blue.

They are BRIGHT! B)

Edited by 75redman

Mounted 14 snowflakes on my roof today.  8 white and 6 blue.

They are BRIGHT! B)

Wow those look great, very bright! Where did you get them if you don't mind me asking?

Wow those look great, very bright! Where did you get them if you don't mind me asking?

I bought those from Target last year after Christmas sales.  All LED.

Put together a cool little backpan for my house window controls.  Last year they sat on the ground. 

I finally tried both my LOR network and my E1.31 networks together for the first time.  Worked great. Very happy about that.

Found a problem with my new LEDs in my big redwood trees.. they would not dim.  Not even a little bit.  So I swapped out the Gen 2 controller with a Gen 3 and they work now.. all except on tree... working on that problem now.  Seems after so many LEDs even the Gen 3 PC controller won't dim....

did the final grass cutting for the year last of the lights tested. now I need the weather to cooperate as the weatherman is talking snow and rain the next 3 days

I'm so far behind the curve, it's not funny. I bought my first controller Dec 26th 2012 and I was all gung ho on getting one song programmed a month in preparation for 2013. Sad to say, I hit a brick wall and found the sequencing to be a little more daunting than I had anticipated. Time just seems to fly by and I kept telling myself, oh....you have plenty of time! Here I am with not even a full song completed and I broke down and acquired a few sequences to modify.

3 songs down, would like to add another 6 if I have the time. We've been working on stringing up all the lights since Mid October.

Projects left to do, 16 mini trees

This past weekend I routed the network lines and built my 2nd RGB pixel mini tree.Tonight I will change the body of my singing snowman from C6 bulbs to LED rope light

I still need to sequences 2 more songs

And lights go up on Sunday or Monday

Got my budget in order, ordered all lights and did a dry run for extras I need to actually erect my Mega Tree. I could not bring myself to buy the list of items. I know I have to, that will be this weekend maybe I can trick my wife into swiping her card! 

Got my POLE to stand up today,  Mega Tree Pole that is. :P:lol:

Let me know when you need it to come down (or your wife needs it down)..I have a knack for that...  :blink:

Got my POLE to stand up today,  Mega Tree Pole that is. :P:lol:

If it's up for more than 4 hours, DO NOT call Jim S. or your doctor. :D

Well I have a tone of work to do. got 2 of 3 singing trees up and window out lines done. went to set the new controller unit numbers and can't find the stupid RS485 adapter. looking to buy another. never realized ($30) for that little thing, and then $12 to ship. ground shipping at that. anyone have a spare i can buy off them?

Well I have a tone of work to do. got 2 of 3 singing trees up and window out lines done. went to set the new controller unit numbers and can't find the stupid RS485 adapter. looking to buy another. never realized ($30) for that little thing, and then $12 to ship. ground shipping at that. anyone have a spare i can buy off them?

I would go ahead and purchase another one from LOR. You have time and a spare of one of those is a must.

I would go ahead and purchase another one from LOR. You have time and a spare of one of those is a must.

I was afraid of that. O-well need other things anyway.