Light-O-Rama Forums

What Did You Get Done Today?

Guest wbottomley

What I have gotten accomplished the last two days:

- Got Red/Blue/Clear incandescent lights hung on the gutters and wired to controllers

- Got Red/Blue/Clear LED lights on the bushes and tree and wired to controllers

- Got my Candy Cane Perimeter Fence setup and wired to controllers

- Got the first controllers installed

Still have to do:

- Finish putting lights on bushes and other gutters

- Get Strobe Lights strings built and installed

- Put Mini Trees and other things out in the yard

- Install Power and Cat 5 cabling to controllers

- Finish Building DMX North Poles and once finished install in yard

I have a Candy Cane Perimeter Fence made up of 24 Red, Green, Pink, and Purple Candy Canes. It took me the entire day yesterday to install them (everything has to be perfectly spaced and away from concrete or else it gets hit it by the snowblower/car/etc) and then wire them because I was missing cords.

I'm hoping to start the show next weekend but I'm behind on setup and sequencing, so I may push it back a couple of days. I don't get time off from work to do this so I'm working on "free" time. I took time off last year but budget cuts this year at work don't allow me the same convenience.

Paul

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• plasmadrive

• dgrant

• 75redman

Hooked up my controllers for my 33' mega tree (64 channels).

Running tests and flipping out the new neighbors (I moved and it's my first Christmas in this neighborhood) :D

Edited by Santas Helper

Made the donation box and set up the donation table, then theft proofed it . ( Wired cement blocks to it, with rerod pounded into the ground) Thanks Max-Paul for making me pearanoid ... Also got the tune to sign installed and wired.

took apart one of mine nine mini trees re string new led lights on it 200 went up on the roof and finished putting lights on it went to home depo dought a 5ft snowman for my display then lowes for a 5ff christmas tree for it friday will finish the desplay then turn it all on

Guest wbottomley

I'm 99.9% completed.

Things left to correct...

Alvin's feet, Theodore's face, Santa's feet, Put light around one window, make 1/2 dozen snubbers, and fix channel 13 on unit 35. It has no power on it. I guess it came from LOR with a cold solder joint.

Almost there.

wrap bush in white.

finish wraping tree in white.

wrap 4 mini tree with super stands.

I'm going to make it by the skin of my teeth this year.

Friday night here we come.

I'm 99.9% completed.

Things left to correct...

Alvin's feet, Theodore's face, Santa's feet, Put light around one window, make 1/2 dozen snubbers, and fix channel 13 on unit 35. It has no power on it. I guess it came from LOR with a cold solder joint.

I'm doing wire frames of Alvin and the Chipmunks thanks to WireFrame D'lites (Doug). Rather than wire them with lights, I elected to use a dimmable and colored flood LED light for each of them and so far, it looks good. The frames were powder coated white from Doug so they show up real well. The floods were not cheap at $35 each but looks better than individual strings on it.

Work intruded. Lost the last three days due to having to put food on the table. But get it while ya can!

Back at it today, but didn't make near the progress I had hoped for today. Had lot's of "whatcha doin'?" to keep me from the work. Got to love (or loathe) nosey people! The folks that visited with me today are excited about display and it is fun to see, but shooting the breeze with passer-bys doesn't get lights lit. It is sometimes difficult to refrain from rudeness, but this is supposed to be fun for all so I am friendly with everyone, at least for a while.

Arches are up. House is done. Mega tree gets set up tomorrow. Then it is down to plugging it into controllers. Checked lights that are in place with an extension cord, and so far so good. Getting close, but still a fair amount to finish.

i got up ccr mega tree 20 ' tall with star putting out 8 mini trees with ccp's on them thanksgiving putting out blowups

40 % done LOL

Show ready to rock !! Testing tonight with channel 27 out of Tallahassee being here to interview and film for a special they will have this year. Radio station out of Valdosta Georgia 92.1 fm has been promoting the show. Has been in the Madison Florida paper which comes out today. Had a couple of issues this year with network and one controller box out of 31. Hope everyone has a great season and thanks for all the help I have received from the members on here.

All display elements are in place. Controllers and extension cords on Friday. Our show will officially start on Nov. 30th, but well let 'er run early next week.

Echoing Jeff Messer, a big thanks for all of the help from here! Y'all are a great bunch of folks!

11 50 count red C7's on roof lines, 7 100 count clear LED icicles, built 7 24" mini trees, wrapped Crape Mertle 7' up, wrapped a 9' tree. anchored a snow man, reindeer, solder and Santa Claus. Wrapped 3 4' hedges (different colors of coarse) drilled and screwed in screws at all joints for a 15' PVC mega tree with 3 octagon braces one on bottom 1 5' up and another 5' up from there. First year I won't go live on Thanksgiving day, but also first year for LOR controllers. Ordered 3 (48 channels) I know NOTHING about the software and looking for any 48 channel sequences for good Christmas songs! Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Oh yea, counted my extension cords ....... My wife almost had a heart attack when we bought lights for Mega tree, wait till she sees the receipt for the extension cords! LOL good times!

Edited by Papa6058