• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• plasmadrive

• dgrant

• 75redman

Well lets see i just finished a new 8 channel controller, wrapped lights on (3) Angels (1) Shepard (1) sheep for my new Manger scene built new ext. cords for the scene, reprogrammed my sequences to accomodate the new Manger i think thats about it.

WOW! Have I missed a lot this summer! Kids are back in school & not living out at the campground. (No Wi-Fi).  :(  Time to start working on the lights. Still a newbie (my 2nd full season) and got a lot of catching up to do. Hope everyone is well and had a great summer. Thanks again for everybody's help and sequences I really appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Worked on my visualization. I'm really behind. I realized i'm going to need 3 more controllers to handle everything. I may have to eliminate some things. Did I mention i'm really behind?

Finally realized the Christmas is too soon. I added a 12 CCR tree to the yard, so processing steps this year are

(choose the songs)

1. Superstar the songs

2. Export sequence

3. Import proper channel settings for 2013 yard display

4. Develop the sequence based on the CCR design and finish it all...

I keep a spreadsheet for all the sequences, listing the duration, and current status to help my memory and sanity.  Looking at the 2013 Display spreadsheet tells me I am doing ok for today.

Pulled out the old bucket truck and put up about 3 universes of my new icicles.  Only 5 more universes to go, but two of them will be off a ladder instead of the bucket. 

Can't wait to see how they look in the dark.. but I am going to be good and wait till I get them all up before firing them up........ I think..   ha ha ha

one pre programed show tweaked to my display 4 more to go WOW am I behind still need to build stands for my controllers Should of started sooner o well

Put up icicles on both sheds, (2 chs. each)

Put up flag pole and guy wires

Mounted 4 singing pumkin face frames

Put up and attached ropelight to 4 tombstones

Mon. - put lights on mega-tree, bring car to stealership, goto doctor ,find out where in the world i'am working for tues., wire spotlights on house.

lots to do yet before show time!!

Ordered a 25 ft. Cat 5 cable on Ebay.

Loaded second laptop with software and sequences.  This is the one that will drive the show.

Thinking about putting something simple together for Halloween.

I noticed the big box stores in my area (Lowes/HD) have their Christmas displays out.

Edited by FarrOut

• 2 weeks later...

yesterday I got my FM transmitter, enclosure and cordset for 2nd 16 ch controller, finished putting lights on my singing Christmas tree. Today I got my radio sign and installed the lights. I had to set the intensity for the singing tree to 70 and radio sign to 50 too damn bright. Getting ready to start my Halloween show on Sat.

Finished a voiceover (Uh, Rollie and Dan finished, that is) for my tribute to the troops. That finishes that sequence.

The show is laid out on paper. From what I learned last year, my show will last less than 25 minutes, and the penguins will appear between EVERY song. That's all I heard from the kids outside last year. Every time the show played two in a row..."Where are the penguins?!"

Put together another 50' of strip lights and mounted on the eaves using F Channel.  Still trying to find a mega tree hook head to fit my pole.  Bought another 60 strands of lights from Lowes.  3rd time in three weeks.  Coincidently the same cashier, who still thinks I'm weird for working on it so early.

Put together another 50' of strip lights and mounted on the eaves using F Channel.  Still trying to find a mega tree hook head to fit my pole.  Bought another 60 strands of lights from Lowes.  3rd time in three weeks.  Coincidently the same cashier, who still thinks I'm weird for working on it so early.

I went to Big Lots a week ago and bought a bunch of white led lights.  Two days later I went back and bought what they had left.  Both days were different cashiers but they new who I was,  CRAZY they said. :D I just said, YUP!!