Light-O-Rama Forums

What Did You Get Done Today?

Guest wbottomley

Well because of sandy...my whole roof had to be replaced. it was done this past Friday so im a week behind everyone. so im rushing like crazy! my setup takes me 10 to 12 days to set up. but some how Im 4 days into setup and Im lets say about 70 % done. I have no idea how im doing it. and what stinks is i have to work all weekend djing at weddings sat and sunday. so i hope to be done by the 30th. if i can get some help from any friends monday or tuesday I have a shot at tuesday night....just a change. my finders are crossed! bigtime

Hey happy turkey day everyone!

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• plasmadrive

• dgrant

• 75redman

Well because of sandy...my whole roof had to be replaced. it was done this past Friday so im a week behind everyone. so im rushing like crazy!

A week behind isn't all bad. While it didn't meet your goal, you'll still have lights going this year. Just let them blink for an extra week. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Finished getting my display up, added a 12 Ribbon CCR tree this years, here is a pictures of it. Will try to do some video tonight or tomorrow night.

post-2139-0-66504500-1353592591_thumb.jp

post-2139-0-66801100-1353592590_thumb.jp

I got a late start on setting up. I just got back in town so the set up has began.

Day One

Mounted Wire Frames on roof.

Made PVC frames and installed Red,Green, Blue lights around front windows (3x7, 3x7, 6x6, 5x9 windows)

Installed lights on 7 shooting stars (need to run cable still)

Installed 8 stars on the roof (need to make cords still)

Rain in the forecast . Hope it comes and goes, I need at least 6 more good days of installing all lights.

Well it was a busy and productive day.

I searched in the garage and found the grill cover and covered the grill on the back porch. :)

Then I installed a handle/lock system for the bathroom sliding door (didn't like being interupted). :o

Then I.... oh wait. This is about display set-up. :blink:

Sorry for the mix up :huh:

I just finished lighting up the "Listen To/Radio Freq Sign" and the light shows been on for 4 days now, duh

put up some more inflatables, tethered my 25ft inflatable snowman (snozilla) with a few more cords

fine tuned some more sequences that looked great on the computer, but looked like crap on the display

I got a late start on setting up. I just got back in town so the set up has began.

Day One

Mounted Wire Frames on roof.

Made PVC frames and installed Red,Green, Blue lights around front windows (3x7, 3x7, 6x6, 5x9 windows)

Installed lights on 7 shooting stars (need to run cable still)

Installed 8 stars on the roof (need to make cords still)

Rain in the forecast . Hope it comes and goes, I need at least 6 more good days of installing all lights.

Day 2

Lights on the house completed

Shooting stars completed and hung.

Pinwheel completed

I spent lots of time on 20 foot ladder today.

Added mini trees (8), spiral trees (8), candy canes, snowmen (my choir :-) and bulbs to the front lawn. Hooked it all up to the two controllers I have and watched it so far. Very neat. I like it and already know what I'm spending my money on next year. :-)

Mega tree goes up tomorrow. My original plan for the base fell apart (read: broke).

Researching tonight how to build a better base for my 10' mega.

Any advice/links appreciated.

Thanks!

I've been running last years show since Sunday for folks in the neighborhood.

But yesterday I got the mega tree up (new for this year). I was mighty impressed about how well a slightly modified version of the JUMP plans by Walter Monkhouse was to raise up!! And to some of you who have really tall mega trees, this might not seem like a big deal, but my 16', plus 2.5' star really looked amazing to me. Kudos to those who have much taller mega trees.

Also put up radio sign, a couple of deer and a teddy bear.

Still need to put 3 more controllers out for the mega tree and a few remaining elements, need to put out a few remaining deer and a snowman and finish up some sequencing. Hoping to have a kick-off of everything this Saturday.

Day 2

Lights on the house completed

Shooting stars completed and hung.

Pinwheel completed

I spent lots of time on 20 foot ladder today.

Day Three

Controllers mounted and hooked up

Pinwheel mounted

Deer Wire frames and other wire frames out.

Arch's mounted

Lights on house running animation sequences only.

Blowups up

Tomorrow stringing cords and making another arch.

Day Three

Controllers mounted and hooked up

Pinwheel mounted

Deer Wire frames and other wire frames out.

Arch's mounted

Lights on house running animation sequences only.

Blowups up

Tomorrow stringing cords and making another arch.

Day Four

Ran 2000 feet cords

Finished setting up

Test run

Day Five

Revised a few things going live tonight

• 6 months later...

Ordered (another) FM transmitter.

What did you have and why did you get another one?  Was it a cheap one that failed, or are you getting a backup?

I am very happy that I completed my custom lit Brian Bruderer superstar.  Good thing since I am showing it off at a get together next weekend.

Holy Cow, you guys are really making me feel way behind.   First year and not nearly as far along yet.   I'm pretty tied up right now in a wooded tactical area conducting a military exercise for another two weeks with no chance to even continue planning lights.    I'm getting nervous about not being done in time.  I'll have to take leave when I get back home just to catch up. 

Keep up the great work guys, I'm learning a lot from you all  - and thanks for the question.  It was a great progress check for us newbies.

I am very happy that I completed my custom lit Brian Bruderer superstar.  Good thing since I am showing it off at a get together next weekend.

Finished mine last night as well.  Even have the blister on my right index finger from having to screw in all those screws!

Finished mine last night as well.  Even have the blister on my right index finger from having to screw in all those screws!

Yea, power tools make that a lot easier.  I built mine last October and used one drill for drilling the holes and another for putting in the screws.  Mine is a custom SuperStar with non-standard lighting.  Because of a lack of time last year, I did something quick and then mostly over the past few weeks did my intended major change.  Finished that last night and I'm happy with it...  I'm not sure I want to know how many hours are into it...

And Bizywk, the real question is how goes your sequencing?  At least for me, that is far more time consuming than the hardware.