Light-O-Rama Forums

What Did You Get Done Today?

Guest wbottomley

That's not counting the star and the American flag is it?

Papa

No Michael, that's not. :)

Today I hooked up all 19,200 LEDs, 64 channels for the tree and another 16 for the mega tower light strands (another 1,000 or so LEDs). Did some cord management to make things easier in the future. :D Tomorrow another pretty day. Snowflakes goin up I hope. Gotta spend a little time with the lady because the last two days she's missed me with setting up stuff. :wub: But pretty weather is taken advantage of around here. Tuesday, crap weather moves in. :(

No Michael, that's not. :)

Today I hooked up all 19,200 LEDs, 64 channels for the tree and another 16 for the mega tower light strands (another 1,000 or so LEDs). Did some cord management to make things easier in the future. :D Tomorrow another pretty day. Snowflakes goin up I hope. Gotta spend a little time with the lady because the last two days she's missed me with setting up stuff. :wub: But pretty weather is taken advantage of around here. Tuesday, crap weather moves in. :(

Oh, mounted the controllers, hooked all the strands up and tested mega tree when darkness fell. B)

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• plasmadrive

• dgrant

• 75redman

First full blown test is complete, It worked and looked good! Family was clapping at the end :) Saw one string out, that was working when I put it up but will look at it tomorrow. Had several people in their cars passing by, stopped to watch.

Between Yesterday and Today,
I got my roof done- all blue with blue icicles in the front , The Medium sized Pine Tree (Red Green Blue and White), Plum Trees (candy canes, and c9 led), My Holdman Star in a maple tree, Finished connecting my tomato cage trees, I can't remember if I did anything else.  All I have left next to finishing up sequencing is Put the rest of my strobes out, the manger, and a 3 ft mini tree I need to build. Now my main problem is I have 4 unused channels I need to think of something else I can light up to make use of those channels.

Spent about 10 hours yesterday and today getting everything out in the yard and powered up. Did a test with a couple of songs and everything went perfectly. Even the wife, who was skeptical about this whole thing to begin with, was in awe. Just need to sequence 4 more songs and I'm ready for Christmas 2013!

Hello all,

what a good weekend, I have about 90% of the lights out this week end. So thankful of my neighbor for letting me use his property to decorate. Time to get cracking on hooking up the miles of cords now. Hope to be up and running by Nov. 28th my wife's birthday. Good luck to all....hope all go's well !  

Finished hanging my meteor tubes in the last of the two from trees.  Put out the mini trees that ride over the hedge.  Finished programming my last song (maybe).  Mowed the lawn for the last time.. today I start putting out the lawn pieces.  Two days for that, then a day for cables and I should be about finished other than adding the new pieces I want to make.  I haven't figured that out yet. Then I have to add them to the programs...

Got all the prep work done. Shrubs trimmed. Leaves raked. Mounted the E682 in the garage and connected the pixels and power supplies. Next up: make up a cable back to the computer. Then the fun begins.

Got contacted by the local regional newspaper wanting to do a story on Rollie and Dan. Here come the paparazzi!

Fixed the top section of lights in a tree. Put five trees, reindeer and sleigh in the yard. Brought down other yard stuff from the attic. Continued the never ending task of putting lenses on the technicolor pixels.

Yesterday, mounted the 16 snow flakes. Worked on cable management for them too.

But before that, went to eat for Veteran's special at Applebee's, shopped at Sam's, picked up X-mas gift for son at BestBuy.

Installed gas orfices in the furnace (switched from propane to NG).

Basically spent time with the wife which was overdue with the display goin up.

This past weekend I put all the lights on my mega tree.  Put my 2 candy cane pinwheels on the house.  Set up 18 Christmas trees throughout the yard.  Ran wires to 4 out of 6 controllers.  Busy, Busy, Busy....

WOW...you guys make me feel slow. thanks to some much needed help, I got the C-9 ground outline and bushes wrapped in three colors. still have to braid 40 stands of red/white/green for the mega tree and wrap red/green to the mini trees and setup controllers. not to bad considering I have done nothing on the display till this week due to working a haunted house for a friend.