Light-O-Rama Forums

What Did You Get Done Today?

Guest wbottomley

Guest Don Gillespie

Controller 1 & 2 plugged in and tested , controller 3 & 4 attached to house, all trees strung house is done now the big push for the weekend, now where did I put that Aleeve, oh my aching back

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• plasmadrive

• dgrant

• 75redman

First year actually doing a blinking display here. Small, simple and inexpensive are the goals for this year. Mrs. Trommelslager hasn't exactly bought off on the whole animated display idea, at least yet. Also want to see how the neighbors take to it (they may not know what they are in for) and get and idea about traffic volume. I realize it will build throughout the season and year to year, but I haven't the foggiest clue where that line starts.

Built frames for the windows and wrapped most of them with lights today. Mega tree frame work has been assembled and put in place; lights to be added next week. Making lots of progress, but have quite a bit still left. So far, everything is going smoothly. Just waiting for Mr. Murphy to show up and lend a hand!

i am waiting to just throw some lights up on the house & plug them in, right? (sorry, i have had someone by me tell me how easy 'this light thing' is. afterall they sell those boxes at the store and all you do is plug the lights into it! )

here's the real list

roof, house and most ground lights = done

mega tree = done

strobe lights = done

yet to do....

make 2 'bushes' for net lights (bushes removed)

set out 2 inflatables (santa&frosty) and 3 blowmolds-santa & 2 reindeer --they always go out last

4 arches -- they are built, have to put out and run cords for them

finish cleaning up about 10 sequences still

think thats it.... everything else is up tested and able to run

everyone have a fun and safe season, cant wait to get the show on!!! been a 'down' year and looking foward to a happier few weeks

90% setup. Need to finish strobes and rewrap 2 windows and get them up. And then done. Whoop,Whoop, Whoopie

Edited by Ron Boyd

Got the other two soffits hung, white net lights on the bushes and the half chimmey mega tree up. Just need to throw out the mini trees tomorrow and I can start on the back yard. Might put out the multi color net light on the bushes this year.

Thomas

Well I have done a lot since this post started but haven't chimed in until now. So for today....

I hung 19,200 lights on my 30' mega tree. 192 strands of 100 count LEDs. ;)

95% of lights up, pluged in and networked. Tomorrow the final 5%. Monday is the dry run, Tuesday any modification, Wednesday is pre-show and Thursday at 6:00 . . . GO LIVE!!

Going very well this year!

It rained most of the day today, so I spent a while up in my attic completing a conduit path from the far back end of the house (where the show computer is) to the front wall of the attic. In the next few days it will get Cat-5 cable for the E1.31 network up to the 12 string pixel tree. Supposed to stop raining Sunday morning so I might get something done outside tomorrow...

Almost done! Had a couple of strands that needed replacing. Got those done today. Did our dry run lat Saturday. Worked great (minus those 2 strands, that is). Tomorrow, I'm gonna record my voice overs and get them laid into the show. That'll be it.

After some help from my fellow LOR'ers I can go live on thanksgiving. I greatly appreciate everyones help. Work for me should be easing up in a few more weeks. i hope at least. I do need to get some sequences fixed in the next couple of days. For some strange reason my Amazing Grace sequence from last year is missing some things. Not sure what happened but shouldnt be a hard fix. Hoping I dont have a virus of some sort that has been deleting portions of my sequences.

Guest Don Gillespie

6 arches with 42 sleeves, 8 firesticks with 40 sleeves 10 mini trees, 5 spiral trees, used 1000 feet of SPT wire to make extension cords, testing tonight but right now I am going to sit down have a beer and watch the football game.