Light-O-Rama Forums

2012 MITS PreSale

JacobJDell

Why don't you just give Jacob a phone call.He put his number in with his signature.

Here is my point. Funny, when you look back he was replying to all questions during the presale. Replying as soon as something is posted. Now its like crickets. To me this is bad business/ bad customer service. It takes about 30 seconds to come on and say something to the many people here that have purchased. This is a big group of sales where you would think to keep us updated first. Funny thing is I told people in other chat forums that he wouldn't update us when the date arrived. Yes I do plan on calling Monday morning.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JacobJDell

• Crazydave

• imawlkr2

• friskybri

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To update everyone on the order status, I received word from our guy in China that the strings are finished and being packed on the container for shipment. We researched airlifting them but the cost was too expensive (over $190 per case) so they will be going on a priority single load container. Current ETA is August 20th in San Antonio with our plans to ship out everything the day it arrives. I will continue to post updates as we get tracking data on the container. As always feel free to call 210-267-5371 to discuss your order or email me jacob@magicinthesky.com. Once again thank you for your understanding as we work to get your lights to you.

Thanks Jacob....

Is it possible for you to provide us with a weekly update as to the status of the container???

Hey Jacob, Depending on the time of day and if you need it, I can come over and help you if needed. I did not purches anything but am willing to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jacob....

Is it possible for you to provide us with a weekly update as to the status of the container???

I guess that it might not be possible for Jacob to give a weekly update.

I e-mailed him the other day and after a few days of waiting got the quote from the post above. I too would like a weekly update since he has our money on ship that is late.....

This is where people start to get nervous. On July 7 ETA was July 27 now on July 28 ETA is August 20.

I purchased light from Jacob last year with no issues.

This is where people start to get nervous. On July 7 ETA was July 27 now on July 28 ETA is August 20.

I purchased light from Jacob last year with no issues.

The things we do to save some money...(alot of money on christmas).

1.) Lose sleep to be the first inline for Balck Friday Sales

2.) Post and check forums every day from march till LOR has their Summer sale.

3.) Raid multiple stores the day after christmas.

4.) Order more lights in Jan. just to find out about every month that the shipment date got moved back another month.

5.) Share sequences because we don't want to buy others.

THIS IS REALLY AN ADDICTION!!!

Got to love the drama....

Some of us have part of our orders already. I'm sure the lights will eventually get here.

I have more than enough to worry about then stress over extra lights. (see Where are you at Topic)

It is the lack of updates that seems to be causing the drama. Not knowing if or when my lights will ever show up. The updates only seem to come when people start complaining.

I ordered the lights in January. I have been making other purchases and making props based on the lights I ordered arriving in a timely manner. If something doesn't happen pretty soon, my only option might be to cancel my order and try to go somewhere else.

Edited by dvc92

We researched airlifting them but the cost was too expensive (over $190 per case) so they will be going on a priority single load container. Current ETA is August 20th in San Antonio with our plans to ship out everything the day it arrives. I will continue to post updates as we get tracking data on the container. As always feel free to call 210-267-5371 to discuss your order or email me jacob@magicinthesky.com. Once again thank you for your understanding as we work to get your lights to you.

This was Jacob last post, what do you want him to say ETA is still August 20 every week?

When August 20 comes, I'll expect a post about the status but not sure what good a status would be right now when estimted ETA for the delivery of them to San Antonio has not come yet. Patience.

I ordered last year and got my lights. I ordered a bigger order this year and epect I'll get my lights well before October when I need some of them for Halloween.

Yes, because the ETA for delivery seems to keep being pushed back. I think there should be an update that says something like "We are still on track for August 20th. I have not heard anything that would push that date back yet again."

Unfortunately I do not have any additional information to share. Our guy in China confirms the container was loaded and everything is on track. We don't get any tracking updates until the container hits Los Angles as it only reflects "in transit" while it’s on the ship but still indicates a ETA of Aug 20.

As always feel free to email me directly at jacob@magicinthesky.com or call 210-267-5371. Also several have asked if we are taking add-on orders. While we expect to have a good surplus of inventory, we plan to fill all orders first and then confirm what inventory is physically available before doing any additional sales.

To update everyone on the shipping status of the container; when I checked this morning the container is still listed as “in transit” on the ocean and an ETA in San Antonio on Aug 20. It typically takes four days to have the container move from the port to San Antonio, so it should have landed overnight.

One of two possibilities is: Container did arrive and the tracking has not been updated; Container is still on the ocean and will not be in San Antonio by Aug 20. I will post updates as I learn more, but wanted everyone to know where we are at.

Also we are sending an email to everyone using the email address used at Google Checkout to confirm your shipping address and give balance updates for folks that used the 60%/40% payment option. Please add jacob@magicinthesky.com to your safe sender list or check you spam folder to make sure you get it. If you need to update or change this information it will have instructions on how to do so.

Wayne beat me to the punch/post. Yesterday afternoon we did receive a little over 200 cases and are aggressively packing them to ship out today. That’s the good news; the bad news is that we still don’t have a tracking update on the other two batches the shipment. (Without going in to the long story, we knew we needed to get stuff to the United States ASAP so we had each batch sent as it was finished LCL to get things going even though this only saved a few days per batch) Everyone should still be getting an email today to confirm shipping and ask a few other questions. When California opens this morning I will be getting a new update and post when I have it. As always please call 210-267-5371 with questions or email Jacob@magicinthesky.com

Wayne beat me to the punch/post. Yesterday afternoon we did receive a little over 200 cases and are aggressively packing them to ship out today. That’s the good news; the bad news is that we still don’t have a tracking update on the other two batches the shipment. (Without going in to the long story, we knew we needed to get stuff to the United States ASAP so we had each batch sent as it was finished LCL to get things going even though this only saved a few days per batch) Everyone should still be getting an email today to confirm shipping and ask a few other questions. When California opens this morning I will be getting a new update and post when I have it. As always please call 210-267-5371 with questions or email Jacob@magicinthesky.com

When California opens this morning? I didn't even know it was closed...Of course there are "Out of Order" signs at the borders.