Light-O-Rama Forums

2012 MITS PreSale

JacobJDell

Sorry for the confusion this has caused... We will email you an invoice for the 40% balance when we have the lights in San Antonio ready for shipping to you, but must recieve the payment before they ship. This year we expect this to be in the April-May time frame. While we have a better stateside plan to ship quickly, the Chinese production time have increased by 3-4 weeks so it will be longer getting the lights stateside. We will have a progress tracker on the website so you know what stage the order is in and the updated eta as it firms up. feel free to email or pm me with specific questions...

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JacobJDell

• Crazydave

• imawlkr2

• friskybri

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JacobJDell wrote:

Sorry for the confusion this has caused... We will email you an invoice for the 40% balance when we have the lights in San Antonio ready for shipping to you, but must recieve the payment before they ship. This year we expect this to be in the April-May time frame. While we have a better stateside plan to ship quickly, the Chinese production time have increased by 3-4 weeks so it will be longer getting the lights stateside. We will have a progress tracker on the website so you know what stage the order is in and the updated eta as it firms up. feel free to email or pm me with specific questions...

That's extremely helpful (the progress tracker). I'm moving sometime this summer and I would hate to find out my order shipped to my old address. Of course consumers like package/order trackers anyway, so this gives me a piece of mind.

On a side note, it was a hard decision to make (either MITS or HLE) because both of you guys offer single strand sales at similar pricing, which is helpful to me because I don't have a whole lot of money to spend since I'm investing in a LOR system. All I have at home is roughly 30 boxes of brick & mortar halfwave LED lights I've collected over the years, so this will be the first time I've bought LED lights online (especially in the fullwave quality). In the end though, I chose you guys so I hope all goes well.

We have had enough interest to add multi color m5 70 count on WHITE wire. In addition the net-light prices are now posted and available for online checkout at magicinthesky.com/lighting

Well I keep getting a error on first link, but on page 2 of this thread,45th post is Jaboc's posting on order page.

Okay, I really need to ask this now, since the name has "ice" in it, and I'm seeing the word "icicle" and not just "ice" in the thread now.

So does that mean these LED strands are not a straight in-line LED spaced bulbs, but have wires that dangle down from the main wire with the LED's on seperate dangling wires?

I'm NOT looking for icicle lights, which is what these are beginning to sound like to me, I need STRAIGHT IN-LINE bulbs on a straight string.

So if these aren't straight in-line with each other, I'll be cancelling my order and going back to the big box stores for the strands I prefer. May not be the best LED strands, but I hate the look of the icicle type strands and won't use them, they just aren't suitable for my purposes.

I thought the "ice" in the name just meant the LED covers may reflect the interior LED bulb like ice, not be an icicle type string.

I'm going to try and draw a diagram, but don't know if it'll come out right once posted.

[align=center]Icicle Strand: ----+-----+------+------+-------[/align]
[align=center] 0 ! ! ![/align]
[align=center] ! 0 ! 0[/align]
[align=center] 0 ! 0 ![/align]

[align=center]Straight line: ----0----0----0----0----0----0----0----[/align]
[align=left]Straight Line is what I am looking for, not icicle style. If they are the top diagram (if it came out right) and are only in icicle style, then please just cancel my order I have been talking to you about.[/align]

Orville wrote:

Okay, I really need to ask this now, since the name has "ice" in it, and I'm seeing the word "icicle" and not just "ice" in the thread now.

So does that mean these LED strands are not a straight in-line LED spaced bulbs, but have wires that dangle down from the main wire with the LED's on seperate dangling wires?

I'm NOT looking for icicle lights, which is what these are beginning to sound like to me, I need STRAIGHT IN-LINE bulbs on a straight string.

So if these aren't straight in-line with each other, I'll be cancelling my order and going back to the big box stores for the strands I prefer. May not be the best LED strands, but I hate the look of the icicle type strands and won't use them, they just aren't suitable for my purposes.

I thought the "ice" in the name just meant the LED covers may reflect the interior LED bulb like ice, not be an icicle type string.

I'm going to try and draw a diagram, but don't know if it'll come out right once posted.

[align=center]Icicle Strand: ----+-----+------+------+-------[/align]
[align=center] 0 ! ! ![/align]
[align=center] ! 0 ! 0[/align]
[align=center] 0 ! 0 ![/align]

[align=center]Straight line: ----0----0----0----0----0----0----0----[/align]
[align=left]Straight Line is what I am looking for, not icicle style. If they are the top diagram (if it came out right) and are only in icicle style, then please just cancel my order I have been talking to you about.[/align]

I'm sure Jacob will correct this if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he's offering both. Most of the selection is the straight line (M5, C6, 5mm, etc), as you've drawn above. But, he's also offering LED icicles.

Orville,
I believe you are correct. The strands that say "Mini Ice M5 (or C6) Light Set" are the straight strands with the "ice" being that the cover is "cut" to refract the light like broken ice. There are also sets that say "Mini Ice M5 Icicle Light set 70 LED" These are icicles that have the drops. Hope this helps clear things up.

Thanks, at the time I had picked out what I wanted I don't recall seeing the "icicles" in the drop down menu, so then that kind of worried me.

Whew, glad I CHOSE the correct LED strands I wanted! For a minute there I thought I was really going to have to go back to the Big Box stores for my LED strands to replace the crappy ones that stopped working in 2011.

Looks like my order will go on as planned!

Thanks agin guys! That sure put my mind at ease and going back and rechecking the site did verify I had told Jacob the correct version of strands I wanted. WHEW, that was a little too close!

[align=center]My MitS order will go on as planned![/align]

imawlkr2 wrote:

Orville,
I believe you are correct. The strands that say "Mini Ice M5 (or C6) Light Set" are the straight strands with the "ice" being that the cover is "cut" to refract the light like broken ice. There are also sets that say "Mini Ice M5 Icicle Light set 70 LED" These are icicles that have the drops. Hope this helps clear things up.

Thanks imawlkr2 is correct we have used the term "ice" to describe a faceted lens style to better refract the LED's light. Icicles are the only strands that have drops all others are straight lines.

fxdwg wrote:

ny_yankee:

from post 5, of this thread...

the entire sales period 12/16/10 to 1/20/11.

Jacob J Dell

Seconds after I posted that comment, I found the answer. But the forum would not let me edit my post for some reason. But thanks, again.

jimswinder wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
But the forum would not let me edit my post for some reason. But thanks, again.
the edit function was removed by Dan...

see his second post here:

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum55/31835.html

I read the first one. But did not realize there was a second comment. Thanks for that heads up!

I have read the posts and have decided to try purchasing online this year. I have had too many failures using Big-Box lights in my display.