Light-O-Rama Forums

2012 MITS PreSale

JacobJDell

Not sure where the shipping lanes (across the Pacific) are but yesterday it was on the China coast down by Tawain.

But i could be mistaken.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JacobJDell

• Crazydave

• imawlkr2

• friskybri

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just saw that that my order is delayed yet again. Now it will be late September before I get my order. That will be 8 1/2 months since I placed my order. I don't know if I should be laughing or crying. The props that I thought I had 5 months to complete will now have to be done in less than 60 days

Thats if we don't get pushed back again. This has been a recurring theme. Never ending nightmare. George had to scrap his plans for Christmas because of this. If I don't get them my hole display will be down the tubes for this year. Maybe this is the 2013 presale.

George had to scrap his plans for Christmas because of this.

Just to clarify. His updates to his display was scrapped. Some asked if he canceled his display. NO.

Looks like it was waiting to pull into a port near Shanghai, where it sat all night. Probably getting more containers. On the move at 12knots now. Luckily I just got lights to replace incans I already have, so as long as I get my lights by November, I will be fine. If not, then I just use the incans I have and a little more power.

I just saw that that my order is delayed yet again. Now it will be late September before I get my order. That will be 8 1/2 months since I placed my order. I don't know if I should be laughing or crying. The props that I thought I had 5 months to complete will now have to be done in less than 60 days

Not only does it require a shorter time frame to complete the props but it also has exhausted almost any chance of replacement due to order errors or a high failure rate with the lights. Keeping my fingers crossed that things go well!!

I am organizing my display so I can take elements out if the lights have a high failure rate. I don't know if I can depend on the failed lights being replaced in time to be of any use.

I ordered 6 extra strings of each color, so I hope no more than that fail. Since the original order was screwed up, I hope they didn't rush and make mistakes that will effect the quality of the lights. Only time will tell.

This is WAY later than last year. I don't do a Halloween display, so not too concerned yet. Come the end of September, I'll start to sweating.

I don't do a Halloween display, so not too concerned yet.

I don't need mine for Halloween, but I've held up my Christmas sequencing until I know I'm going to have enough lights for all of the elements that are planned. Hopefully it will all be resolved soon and I get get back to work on my display.

Thanks for the update and the Cargo ship link.

in case anyone cares.. you see exactly where it's at :

http://www.marinetra...ddate=lastknown

The last location shown was on August 29th. Do you know if the ship once out to sea does not transmit its location? I'd hate to hear that our lights are now sitting at this location - at the bottom of the ocean.....

The site shows the AIS info. If the ship is at sea and away from an AIS receiver, the site gets no updates. Next update will be once it is close to a receiver again.

FYI:

Why cannot I see my vessel?

The MarineTraffic system does not cover all the seas of the world, but only specific coastal areas where a land-based AIS receiver is installed. Vessels appearing on the live map are equipped with an operational AIS transponder and they sail within the reception range of an AIS receiver installed on the land. Possible reasons for a vessel's position not picked up and displayed on the live map are:

- The vessel is not equipped with an AIS transponder or the transponder is not operational or the transponder is not properly working

- The vessel sails in an area where no nearby AIS receiving station exists

- The transmission power of the vessel's AIS transponder is not enough in order for a land-based station to receive the signals. This depends on the type of the transponder, the type and the height of the antenna and the quality of the cabling

- Especially for vessels equipped with a Class-B AIS transponder, the transmission power of AIS signals is much lower than the power of a Class-A transponder and therefore the reception range in much more restricted

- The AIS transponder of the vessel is not configured to transmit the correct information (e.g. MMSI number, ship's name etc.)

Edited by imawlkr2

We are supposed to be getting icicles and orange in next week and will email you a tracking number before we ship.

This was over two weeks ago. Any updates? All I got was icicles so according to your post they should have been in two weeks ago.

Edited by imawlkr2