• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JacobJDell

• Crazydave

• imawlkr2

• friskybri

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I see our cargo ship is about 10 miles from the Panama Canal as of 8 PM Pacific Time on Sunday the 16th. Don't think it will be in Houston by the 20th. Probably closer to the 25th to the end of the month.

The tracking still shows Sept 21 as the ETA in Houston. You can track its route at http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?oldmmsi=353467000&zoom=5&olddate=lastknown . Later this week we will be preprinting shipping labels from FedEx for the lights so we can cross dock them to FedEx. This will generate a tracking number for your box(es) that will be emailed to you.

Wanna see your lights?

sometime soon... the ship should be passing through the last Lock in the panama canal.... Here's a link to the Live Web cam!

http://www.pancanal..../cam-gatun.html

in this live cam... the ship should be heading toward the camera... should be here between 7:45 and 8:45am (PDT)

Edited by Crazydave

Well, I see our cargo ship is about 10 miles from the Panama Canal as of 8 PM Pacific Time on Sunday the 16th. Don't think it will be in Houston by the 20th. Probably closer to the 25th to the end of the month.

I dunno.. they have about 1700 miles more to go... at 20 kts thats about 23mph or 552 miles per day..... so 1700 miles should take a little over 3 days

so i am guessing it will be arriving in port Thursday Afternoon.

Thanks for the Web Cam Link. Thought I saw Christmas lights blinking on the 6th container back from the bow and second row down. Three days....okay, if they don't stop at the floating McDonald's for lunch.

I used to fish for Peacock Bass in Gatun Lake, which is between the Panama locks, there were a few times when cargo ships drifted off course and were beached in shallow waters - anyway seems like all passed well.

Regards,

Mike

from what I can determine... it looks like the Dolphin is now out of range of the AIS... and should be sailing along in the Caribbean Sea... so long as the Capt Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl don't bother her..... we should pick her up again either around the tip of Cancun probably in then next 2 days.

from what I can determine... it looks like the Dolphin is now out of range of the AIS... and should be sailing along in the Caribbean Sea... so long as the Capt Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl don't bother her..... we should pick her up again either around the tip of Cancun probably in then next 2 days.

You HAD to say something....post-6842-0-48419400-1347916288_thumb.jp

Thats reassuring. This is my first year of having any lights at all. Which also means I have to wait for lights to build my mini trees...candy canes..and my not-so-mega mega-tree.

Thanks for the Web Cam Link. Thought I saw Christmas lights blinking on the 6th container back from the bow and second row down. Three days....okay, if they don't stop at the floating McDonald's for lunch.

Told you they were going to stop for lunch at the floating McDonalds..........moored 3 miles off the coast of Panama.