Light-O-Rama Forums

2012 MITS PreSale

JacobJDell

Got my invoice too.

I just received a Google Wallet email from Jacob saying he is expecting the lights tomorrow (9/27). Fingers crossed that they put the right lights in the container this time around!

Great, I wasn't worried till you said that!!!!

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JacobJDell

• Crazydave

• imawlkr2

• friskybri

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The invoices were for those of us that payed just the 60% in the begining. If you paid in ful;l, I don't think you will get the e-mail from Google Wallet.

The invoices were for those of us that payed just the 60% in the begining. If you paid in ful;l, I don't think you will get the e-mail from Google Wallet.

I received that invoice last month. I assumed that meant that my lights were ready to ship then. I was wrong. I has been almost 9 months since I placed my order the first week of January and I still don't have a reasonable estimate when my lights will arrive. I have been getting better updates from this forum than I have been getting from the guy that has my money.

I received that invoice last month. I assumed that meant that my lights were ready to ship then. I was wrong. I has been almost 9 months since I placed my order the first week of January and I still don't have a reasonable estimate when my lights will arrive. I have been getting better updates from this forum than I have been getting from the guy that has my money.

That's because the guy that has 'your' money has come in here to update us in this thread. Go back to the 9/22 post at 10:21 AM. DHS is now involved and we're at their mercy as to when they'll release it.

Nope. I only paid 60%. I did however tell him to let me know when everything is ready because my cc changed.

Hmm. Interesting. I just paid my invoice using a different card cuz my info had changed also. I'll sell you some incan icicles Brian. :D

That just strikes me as yet another reason to delay.

Of course it's a delay because it's well a real delay. Unless you are implying he made up the DHS inspection story.

Of course it's a delay because it's well a real delay. Unless you are implying he made up the DHS inspection story.

I am not implying anything except it is yet another delay. He has my money, I have nothng except more delays.

So what I'm getting from all of this, is that all you worrywarts that kept checking and checking the progress, delayed the shipments to all of us....Thanks everyone!

LMAO! :D

watching from the sidelines on this 1. Do group buys such as this presale usually go this way? would you guys do this again? debating if I should do this next year as my display grows

CDI only offers whole Box quantities.

MITS lets you buy individual strings

This is why I elected to go with MITS

I pretty sure that jacob will come through as promised.. it's just taking longer due to circumstances out of his hands.

Does it suck yes.. are people getting annoyed yes.

Hopefully by next friday I will have my lights.

Sabre03, the pre-sales will start after the first of the year, compare the prices and make up your own mind. You can base your decision on this thread or other things that went right or wrong. This is the second year for MITS to offer the lights at a good price, yes you may have to wait longer for them, but they have always come thru. If I need lights for next year and if MITS offers them I will buy my lights from MITS. If you need lights NOW (can't wait 9 mo) then buy from someone else next year.

Earle

I have done presales and would again (if wife lets me).

CDI last year

http://www.holiday-light-express.com this year.

And very happy with both.

I for one would want the lights in my hands long before this because this year I am replacing all the lights on my wire frames and it is taking forever!

For me, I have a lot of other life issues to worry about than when I am going to get my exterior Christmas lighting completed. If the lights are late, my show will be missing some features until I can get them completed. I actually like adding to my show during the season. Keeps the viewers guessing and I find it fun to tinker. It seems others are a bit more tightly wound than I am.