• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• plasmadrive

• dgrant

• 75redman

Got the icicles up along with the RGB ribbon on the rim of the gutters. Strung/wrapped 6 super strings(RGBW) on three 25ft palm trees. Tomorrow I'll contemplate working of the roof peak and gable.

Getting there!

Guest Don Gillespie

The snow is finally melting, I hung some super strings last night, realized I needed more super strings, so I made another 20 of them today, will hang them tomorrow night, looks like the weekend is going to be perfect to get everything out and up, should start testing on Sunday night, crossing my fingers and hoping everyone has a successful year. :)

With the exception of my radio sign and the extension cord my display is finally up WOOO HOOO!!! Testing this weekend to make sure it all works. Thought I was not going to have enough time with working 12 hrs a day 7 days a week. Nothing like hanging lights in the dark every day. Off to check my sequences to make sure they are ready. Was hoping to do the new TSO, not looking too promising though....

Waiting on UPS to deliver my three LED floods this afternoon to I can plug them in and say the display and show are ready to run.

more testing was done last night....

just to need to set the hours for the show then move my show computer to the garage tonight and the show should be live

Got all controllers hooked up except DMX, repaired a bent vampire plug, Got my CCP replacement strings ready to install tomorrow.

Still to do: Garland on 3 Minis, seperate strings on Mega, (I don't like how they look doubled over beside each other), get the window super strings in wire loom and install, Hook up DMX controller and make extension cords for 2 four channel stars, and....,if time allows, re-wrap the spiral tree. I'm not happy with the way it looks either.

I plan on testing Saturday.

Light up for neighbors this Thursday and official turn on this Friday.

Almost there.

Good luck everyone.

Lights on the garage are up and tested. Need to hang two more soffits lights on the house and put the half mega tree on the chimmey. Throw out the mini trees and put the trees up in the back yard also. Oh and the net lights on the bushes. Then the wife can put her lights out.

Thomas

Started vacation today for a week. Got all 15 controllers mounted and power to them. Hooked up all of my high lights that I put up last weekend in the 65 -70 degree weather.

First year prep almost done. Cable sets almost all built - all controllers assigned, DMX unit ready - just now last minute prep for setup of elements in the yard. I did discuss this yard layout with my yard guy - making sure he knows not to run the lawn mower over the cables ( I would be very sad...) He assured me that won't happen. Rain this weekend so maybe a slight delay on ouside final setup. It appears ready to go just after Thanksgiving.

Ran my first test last night... minus 2 arches i need to finish building... and 2 mini trees i need to add lights to.. (all of which will be done tonight).. Then I am done with everything sequenced in my show being set up!...

Then comes all the extra additions that will be static or added to an existing channel in the display... (Deer, nativity, a few wreaths, etc...) Hopefully I will be totally done on Wednesday!

Yesterday, bought 1,120 mini candy canes, worked on the backyard display (private) and mowed the leaves into mulch. Today I hope to get the backyard done. Still have 300 replaceable LED to "No-Lox" :blink:

Tom Straub