Light-O-Rama Forums

What Did You Get Done Today?

Guest wbottomley

Raised my 14' arch, mounted 6 floods on it. Need to hack 9 more to make the arch complete.

More cable management.

Another beautiful day with highs in the mid 70s. Cold front coming this week. Crunch time has begun.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• plasmadrive

• dgrant

• 75redman

Today I grabbed magnifying glass to read this post. :P

I have no Idea why it made my post so small :unsure:  but today with getting 2 inches of rain and now 30-40 mph winds all I got done was marking all my dongles with silver paint marker

I have no Idea why it made my post so small :unsure:  but today with getting 2 inches of rain and now 30-40 mph winds all I got done was marking all my dongles with silver paint marker

Hey no problem. This hobby makes us do crazy things. :D

Of course the forum could be at fault. I like that better. B)

Well got 7 more floods hacked this evening. 2 more to go.

Already decided, I'm calling in sick for work tomorrow. :)

I mean, you don't see me post this late at night and go to work tomorrow too right? ;)

Gotta beat this cold front coming in Thursday. B)

I love the cold weather, but not work in it. :)

Windstorm turned my 23' mega into a 12 and 1/2 foot with a 90 degree angle. Took it down and replaced the 10 foot section of bent pipe. Amazing all 64 strands of light working and intact.

reassembled tree, sorted birds nest of lights and connected them to 2 controllers.

Rode the rented lift up to finsh the tree and then into the oaks with simple green and paper towels to clean all the rope light that remained aloft from last year.

Lined roof of house with 4 colors. installed 4 columns of red on 4 front corners of house.

Wrapped 2 of 4 tree trunks in red rope light up 15 feet to where tree top lights start.

took shower, fell into bed exhausted.

Back to work on Monday (today).

"What a drag it is getting old."

Chip

well hit a little panic one of the real trees I have lights in decided to blow over in the wind storm we are having so I have been trying to find a cheep artificial tree to put in its place as this will throw off my sequences  by missing a tree thankfully my mega tree sort of made it only 2 strings pulled out of the ground and one guy wire repaired that but the ground is super soft do to 2 inches of rain the last day and a half. hopefully the winds die down so I can finish up out side. But I did get the paint and started on my tune to sign which is drying now in the basement.

hacked the last of 30 LED RGB floods.

Mounted the rest of my LED RGB floods for my arch.

Built cat5 cables and installed on my mega tree tower LED RGB floods.

Started on the box to house 3 DC controllers for it.

Another pretty day tomorrow. Busy, busy, busy...

Around the corner, nasty cold/rainy/windy weather.

35' Mega tree up with 128 channels. 32 strands of 3 colors at the 35' height and 8 strands of 4 different colors at the 20' height. 12- 18' 9 segment arches over the driveway up. Got it all done with only one day rental of the cherry picker...Yeaa. (-: 

Ran my power wires (cat5 cable) to my LED floods for my arch. Made the cables "cut to length" and ran into the attic. So up and down the attic ladder over 30 times. :blink:

Now just to get the wires ready to connect to controllers, hopefully tomorrow.

Unplugged and measured all extension cords and distance from all plugs to controllers to better route them and know for sure the smallest cords I need to get.

Took all mega light strings loose from base of Mega Tree disassembled ring measured a 15' diameter circle, divided it into 12 equal parts, sank 12 anchors and attached mega strings tightly.    

Placed Santa Clause, Reindeer and blo-mold soldier

Disassembled old animated decoration and saved all usable parts for a future project... yeah like I will ever get that done!

Measure out 1" marks on my coro I still have to pull my thoughts together and get a TUNE TO sign made

Straightened up the garage a bit put up tools so I can drag them out again

I did other minor planning stuff, and I hope I documented it or I won't have a clue in a few hours 

Just wrapped my 52 ft elm tree with over 5000 lights. This year I went up about 10 or 12 feet more:).

About 30 feet high wife wanted to kill me!

My profile pic don't not justify I will upload some new for the 2013 season soon as my show is up and running. On that note .... I want to start my show dec 1. What day do u start?????????!!!

Finished the guy-wire/star holders and put them on my last 4 fire sticks; started running cords.. lots of cords..  Got the LOR network up and active;  started running cords... lots of cords...  Found one of my new controllers from last year has a bad RJ45 jack.  (Used a work around for now); started running cords... lots of cords... Found a few light strings that are in need of repair.  started running cords... lots of cords... Made some new SPT bundles and found out I was running out of the male vampire plugs.  (I hate it when that happens).  About 80-85% complete before ready to run the test shows. 

Made sure all the wireless for the LOR and the E1.31 worked... then the water started coming from the sky.  OH yeah..started running cords... lots of cords... :P

started running cords.. lots of cords..   started running cords... lots of cords...  started running cords... lots of cords...   started running cords... lots of cords...

OH yeah..started running cords... lots of cords... :P

That's an aweful lot of cord running. :P

You know. I feel your pain. besides running more cords for new LED floods this year, I'm going around and revamping all my other display cords as I set them up. Calling it cable management. I'm paying the price this year on time (with nice weather here lately) but it SHOULD be a lot easier in the future.

So what's up for today? running more cords?

My hope today is to (yes, working with cords) get my 45 channels hooked up for my arch (cut, strip and place quick disconnect on all wires, 60 connectors in all). Then do the same exact thing for my mega tower LED floods. So both events will be dealing with... you guessed it. CORDS. ;)

Depends on how good you are at setting up! You might have it down to a science and all steps are proven. It took me a week to get mine all up plus a rain delay. Mine's all done and ready to run.