Light-O-Rama Forums

Give a THANK YOU!!!!!

TheSignGuy

To all the people helping others get their shows running THANK YOU! I'm on this forum at least 4 times a day just seeing what new, I help where I can. It seems like there are many more specific people on here that know their stuff and they are more then willing to help when and where they can.

I know what a crazy time of the year this is with family, life and trying to run the show. So to those that are willing to help and figure solutions to everyday LOR issues Thank you!!!

This is why people start and stay with LOR, your help is very much appreciated! I don't know or have ever meet these people personally but they have had a great influence on this hobby. 

@dibblejr @k6ccc @Orville @TheDucks @BrianBruderer @Aubrey @Don @DevMike @PhilMassey To name just a few!!

Please Reply "THANK YOU" if you've been helped by any of these great LOR lighting enthusiasts!

Oh and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody!

• Like 2

You and everyone are very welcome. It is a pleasure helping and I have made a lot of friends and some are more like family now that even call, text for things that have nothing to do with lights.

JR

• Like 1

You are welcome. (If people did not have problems, I would not have things to do on a rainy day 😛 . Besides, answering is way easier on my budget than shopping for mor stuff)

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

You are welcome. (If people did not have problems, I would not have things to do on a rainy day 😛 . Besides, answering is way easier on my budget than shopping for mor stuff)

It must rain there every day as you are on here an awful lot. 😁

26 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

It must rain there every day as you are on here an awful lot. 😁

As another Californian (as is TheDucks), it does not rain here a lot.  We are in severe drought.  We'll take all you want to send us.

46 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

As another Californian (as is TheDucks), it does not rain here a lot.  We are in severe drought.  We'll take all you want to send us.

I had .25 today... A DELUGE 🙃

You and all those I have, or tried to help are very welcome.   I do what I can, when I can.  And hopefully once I learn and get S5 under my belt starting in 2022, I'll be able to help even more.  Currently, using S4 for the 2021 season, but next year, hoping to have migrated fully into S5 for my 2022 Christmas Display.

And yes, it does rain quite a bit in Florida, it's what put me far behind in getting my display up for Christmas this year {2021}.

Would have been glad to have sent you Californians some of what we had at the beginning of November here!  Almost 14 days of rain in about a 2-1/4 week period.  Many times being 2-4 days back to back.  If it hadn't of been for that, I'd have  completed and my display ready to go by Thanksgiving night, as it is, it was about Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week before I was "officially" ready.

Edited by Orville

In the 4+ years that I've been a member of this forum I've received a LOT of help from most of the people who were mentioned, plus many others.  Your willingness to share your knowledge, experience, advice, sequences, etc has made it possible for me to create displays that I wouldn't have been able to create on my own.  I would be in the dark (literally and figuratively speaking) if it wasn't for all of you.  So a big heartfelt THANK YOU to all who have helped me and countless others!

Agreed......    THANK YOU!  You all may not have helped me directly, but have by answering other questions in topics that I have read which has helped me figure all this out for the first time this year.  So far, between reading this forum and following the LOR documentation; I've been able to get my show up and running without any major issues.  So again, THANK YOU to all who take the time to contribute to this forum!

• Like 1

Thank You to all that have helped me over the years. I've helped a little but several of the ones mentioned in the original post have really been a huge help to me and I'm very thankful for them and our AWESOME LOR community!

30 minutes ago, jtomason said:

I've definitely been helped by probably all of these folks at one time or another.. So thanks!

Let's also not forget @ItsMeBobO and his great software.  

+1 on not forgetting my friend Bob. Without him I would not have or may had taken another 7 years to figure out papagayo, where I got my face sequencing start. 

His MIIP program allows show visitors to interact with the shows via their smart devices. How cool is that!!!!

Thank you Bob

JR

12 hours ago, dibblejr said:

+1 on not forgetting my friend Bob. Without him I would not have or may had taken another 7 years to figure out papagayo, where I got my face sequencing start. 

His MIIP program allows show visitors to interact with the shows via their smart devices. How cool is that!!!!

Thank you Bob

JR

Now if we could just get LOR to make an MP3 Director that could connect to a wireless internet setup{your home wireless network}, then us Director users could make use of that one {MIIP} too.  That would be the ultimate cool factor, if users could select their favorite{s} from an MP3 Director!   All well, we can dream.

• The topic was locked