Light-O-Rama Forums

Who went Light shopping today?

MikeERWNC

I am going 50K next year.

It took me and the wife 8 hours to take down and store 23K lights on Wednesday.

I still need to make a place for the six Christmas trees.

The imagination when you have 50K LED's is just endless.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MikeERWNC

• Arteom

• dgrant

• portcity_gt

One of my local walmarts (we have 5 intown) still have a ton of white and multi leds. I havent checked the other stores.

Since I decided to go for it I went to Walmart to get a few of the LED packs to start playing with to design some animation.  14 boxes of 50 is a far cry from the 1000s it seems most of you bought :D  but I guess I have to start some where.

Jim

Since I decided to go for it I went to Walmart to get a few of the LED packs to start playing with to design some animation. 14 boxes of 50 is a far cry from the 1000s it seems most of you bought :D but I guess I have to start some where.

Jim

im just starting too, havnt even done one display yet......but ive spent $1000 on clearance lights in the past three weeks lol

One of my local walmarts (we have 5 intown) still have a ton of white and multi leds. I havent checked the other stores.

I'm coming.

One more Wal-Mart down.  It was actually the one closest to home.  They just dropped to 75%.  My wife went earlier and said "Oh, they didn't have a lot of LEDs, just C9s".  I figured I'd double check and low and behold....she missed that they had a shelf full at the end of an aisle (I think it's called an end cap).  Just grabbed another 150 boxes of 50ct LED minis.  And some more timers and other knick knacks.

One more Wal-Mart down.  It was actually the one closest to home.  They just dropped to 75%.  My wife went earlier and said "Oh, they didn't have a lot of LEDs, just C9s".  I figured I'd double check and low and behold....she missed that they had a shelf full at the end of an aisle (I think it's called an end cap).  Just grabbed another 150 boxes of 50ct LED minis.  And some more timers and other knick knacks.

:blink: Oh I have a long ways to go...

reading this is starting to depress me I went shopping right after Christmas and things were pretty much depleted and what was left was not marked down much the best I found was 20 percent. :(

Pathetic would be the proper term to describe the LED light selection around here.  Been to Several Menards, Home Depots, Lowes, Sams, Targets,and Walgreens.  I only got a few boxes everything else was gone.

I went to Target and got 12 boxes of these awesome Philips white led dripping icicle lite strings that normally sell for $25 each for $7.50 each!

Cha-Ching! that's a bargain. I'm not sure where I'm going to use them uet but at that price I couldn't resist. LOL 

Pathetic would be the proper term to describe the LED light selection around here.  Been to Several Menards, Home Depots, Lowes, Sams, Targets,and Walgreens.  I only got a few boxes everything else was gone.

Honestly, selection varies year to year. This year I got over 300 Boxes of leds at 75% off & there was even some left after me. However its been around 5 years since we had a large leftover like this. Usually when stores have a-lot of stuff left over at the end of the year, especially things like lights which have a low sell/profit margins, they will order even less the following year. Most of the time, even at 50% the lights are already at a loss, at 75% its even worse.  

One year you'll have a large sock left over, just be ready :) 

Nice Find.  We will keep looking every year.

Yeah funny thing is all that came from the 2 Walmarts that were the closest to me, I went to around 10 as far as 30 miles away, and all where sold out. Lucky me. 

In this area last year, all the stores sold out real fast or they didn't stock in as much before the holidays. So the pickins were slim. This year, there's a lot more available out there. I stopped at Lowes and bought 33 boxes of blue incans the other day at $0.75 each, 100 lamp strings. Not sure what I'm going to do with them. Thinking of blue firesticks or whatever...ideas for lots of blue lights?

2013lights.jpg

MMMM... Booty Shots!

There were tons of Cool White and Warm White here.

Here is a picture of what I was able to plunder:

Never hit the after sales but last night at Target I found 3 Light Keeper Pros....$1.99 ea!!!! 90% off. I have had one for years and it works fine.... Now I have 4 ..

Just hit the local walmart and bought 33 boxes of LED's, 50 lamp types as pictured above. %75 off. Lowes still had a few left too. Roads are icing up so I can't get to the Target store again.

2013lights.jpg

MMMM... Booty Shots!

There were tons of Cool White and Warm White here.

Here is a picture of what I was able to plunder:

Anyone who hauls a smaller load than this in the end of the year is currently considered a beginner sale shopper, anything over is expert. You've sent the bar Mike!