• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MikeERWNC

• Arteom

• dgrant

• portcity_gt

Bought some LED's, An angel, 9 LED 3' snowflakes, 8' led tree and 2 led wreaths but I'm looking for a white, lowes, or green, HD 36" wreath. Need to match the ones I was able to find today. Let me know what your looking to get. Thanks Rob
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Acce...0445/204211841
http://www.lowes.com/pd_477187-84523...uctId=50056187

Went to Lowes this morning and picked up 22 boxes of GECE color effects for 18 bucks a box. Reg 49.99 now 29.99 marked down today at 24.99 and made offer to manager at 18.00 and he took it. Heading to another lowes right now... LOL

Jeff

Picked up about 6k red incans at $1.70 a box from Hobby Lobby last night.  Got 26 boxes of white LED 50 count lights from HD on Christmas Eve for about $3.50 a box.  They were marked down and I talked to a manager... he talked to his manager and they said if I spend over $140, they would give me an additional $50 off. :)

Geez, you guys did better than around here.  The Home Depot and Walmart (2 of each) had not a single light bulb of any kind.  The OSH had some C-9 LED strings that were so dim you could hardly tell they were on, some LED icicle lights, and a few incan mini lights.  I don't like icicle lights and am 100% LED so the incans we of no value to me.  Didn't want lights so dim they could hardly be seen either, so it was a big zero for me.  All the chains were 50% off - hoping for better than that.  What I was really hoping to score was some GE Color Effects lights, but none in sight anywhere

I am near you in Corona and had decent luck at Walgreen's.

Target, HD and Lowes were also complete duds for me.

Just a heads up to everyone with a Menard's in their area. They went to 1/2 price today on pretty much everything...plus have an 11% mail in rebate promotion going on. So, in the end, lights will be 61% off normal price! I scored 5000 (mini LED's, mini incans and LED C6) lights with a final price of about $250! Might even go back for some more...if the wife lets me.

Got a couple thousand Red and green LED's 75% off at Home Depot, and 9,000 LEDs and incandescent from Walmart lol

I picked up 20,000 incadescent from WalMart.. with free shipping.. half of them arrived today, the rest by the weekend..

Menards is 11% on top of the 20%.  Wednesday should be a different story.

They were 1/2 price online, plus the 11% rebate. Didn't shop in the store, so might've only been 20% off there. Hope they're 50% off + 11% rebate this weekend because I need more lights!

I got to Target, Lowes and Walmart. Going to Home Depot in a few minutes. What I did pick up were some strips with remote controllers, so I can hopefully "hack" them. Bought some "LED Bells" from Lowes along with 65 boxes of 50 light LED strings for an idea for next year. Also bought a Mickey and Minnie mouse from Walmart for the outside.

What did you get that you hope to hack?

I was in a Walmart tonight that must have had 200 boxes of warm white and 100 boxes of multi with white wire LEDs......killed me that I didn't need them as I went all RGB.  They also had over 150 boxes clear incandescents and  150 boxes of multi...............75% off.
  I did get 40 boxes of multi LED's to share with the family.

Steve

I was in a Walmart tonight that must have had 200 boxes of warm white and 100 boxes of multi with white wire LEDs......killed me that I didn't need them as I went all RGB.  They also had over 150 boxes clear incandescents and  150 boxes of multi...............75% off.

I did get 40 boxes of multi LED's to share with the family.

Steve

Our walmart had a-lot of the clear LED's too, after visiting three stores snached up over 300 boxes of 50ct Warm White LEDs @ $1.24/ Box. Spent half the day looking for multi LEDs and found all but four boxes. 

Ship me some multi LEDs :P.

You guys are killing me.  By the afternoon of the 26th there was not an LED to be found anywhere around here (except some C9s that were so dim you count hardly tell they were on at an OSH).  On Sunday I finally found a Home Depot that had 24 boxes of 50 count multi color C3 LEDs and 2 boxes of 35 count multi color C5 LEDs.  Bought one of each and took them home to test to make sure they dim OK was the primary concern, then went back and bought them all at 50% off.  No one was any lower then 50% off.

Went to Walmart yesterday and bought 28 boxes of clear iceicls 300ct. for $1.67/box. plan on twisting the drops on top of each other to make 1 (superstring) for my

arches. hahaha I so smart!!

As I've mentioned in other threads, I've been hitting Wal-Marts hard since Dec 26th.  On the 26th, my wife and I went out with our minivan.  We had our 3 kids with us, so we had two kids in the middle captains chairs and one kid in the 3rd row.  My 3rd row is a 70/30 split, he was sitting in the 30 side.  We had the 70 side folded flat.  We literally filled the van to the point where there was stuff in front of the kids in the captains chairs. :lol:   Lots of LED stuff, minis and C9s mostly, all at 50% off.  Also picked up lots of blow ups and other indoor and outdoor things.  We hit Wal-Marts, Target, Michaels, etc... 

Since then, I've been hitting Wal-Mart to see if there was anything really cool, but have been waiting for everything to hit 75% off.  Well, today it just did.  On my way to work, I cleaned a Wal-Mart of their remaining LED minis.  They were all multi color, no all red/white/green, etc...but whatever.  Got about 60 boxes.  Picked up some C9s too, but only one case.  I tried stopping at another Wal-Mart which was on my way, but they were still at 50%.  I'm thinking I'll stop in again on my way home at the 75% one and snag up another 3 or 4 cases of C9 LEDs as they had tons of those.  They have an entire aisle full of incans, but hoping to snag up enough LEDs that I won't need/want any more incans.  I already use up 4 inidividual 15amp circuits, hoping to not need to add more for this year... :P

I'm working midnights and was sleeping when my wife went shopping. I woke up to her trying to sneak in an additional 20,000 led's she found at Wal Mart. Guess our Wal Mart just marked lights down to 75%. With the lights i bought the day after christmas I now have an additional 50,000 lights to add to the house.

Here is the funny thing, we didn't have a big show to start with. This year we only had approx 10,000 lights. So next year going from 10k to 60k lights will be a daunting task to put up.