Light-O-Rama Forums

Who went Light shopping today?

MikeERWNC

I did OK.

Most of the stores I hit were some slim pickings on LEDs.

But I was able to get enough LEDs to enhance my show.

I want to do nine Red, White and blue Christmas Trees and make a 15 feet talking Santa head on the roof.

So I can do that now.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MikeERWNC

• Arteom

• dgrant

• portcity_gt

Wife came home.... I'm going out again.....  Looking for Incan's for singing faces (Seem to have forgotten them this morning).  I was too ecstatic to find 58 boxes of LED's at 75% off to remember the Incan's.

That is a score.

I hit three Home Depots and only got 1500 Red LED and 100 green.

I wanted the green, But HD did not have many in my area to start with. Their lights were barely 50% off in N. GA.

I am up to 37,000 LEDS now. So the day was fruitful.

Most were the white dome bulb. My wife likes the little circles they make.

I sent the wife out since I had to work.  She ended up with 162 boxes of 100 ct incan's in red, white, blue, and green, 18 boxes of rope light in red, white, and blue, a couple of boxes of spare icicles, and 21 boxes of small 8" snowflakes (5 in a box) that I'm sure we can find something to do with.  All 50% off!!

I got to Target, Lowes and Walmart. Going to Home Depot in a few minutes. What I did pick up were some strips with remote controllers, so I can hopefully "hack" them. Bought some "LED Bells" from Lowes along with 65 boxes of 50 light LED strings for an idea for next year. Also bought a Mickey and Minnie mouse from Walmart for the outside.

Geez, you guys did better than around here.  The Home Depot and Walmart (2 of each) had not a single light bulb of any kind.  The OSH had some C-9 LED strings that were so dim you could hardly tell they were on, some LED icicle lights, and a few incan mini lights.  I don't like icicle lights and am 100% LED so the incans we of no value to me.  Didn't want lights so dim they could hardly be seen either, so it was a big zero for me.  All the chains were 50% off - hoping for better than that.  What I was really hoping to score was some GE Color Effects lights, but none in sight anywhere.

I picked up 2350 LEDs yesterday, that means i added about 6000 lights this year. Now I need to add controllers because there is never enough channels I have figured out...... 

Just got a couple of snowman blowmolds for $20 each.  They were $40 each before Christmas.

My friend that works at Home Depot said to make sure to save the receipt, if they mark them down further, they will refund the difference.

Jerry

I picked up 20 boxes of m5 led's from Big Lots yesterday. There are two 60 count strings in each box. They were 50% off... The wife picked up a bunch of lights from WalMart, I think they were also 50% off. She also picked up a bunch of the plastic ball frames 10 inch size I think, 50% off on them too. We got one before Christmas to see how it looked and put 120 leds on it, looks really nice, it's the bigger size. Should look great next year with a bunch of them hanging in the trees.

You guys are lucky, up here in the great white north I was out at Lowes and HD today and to say the selection was thin would be an improvement. Last year I picked up 1600 Red and Blue lights for 75% off, this year there wasn't anything worth buying. Oh well guess that money will need to go into other items for the Christmas display :D

I got 50 boxes of warm white LED's at Walmart, a few boxes C9, C7 and LED nets. I would have gotten more, but they didn't have red, green or blue. They also didn't have the candy canes I was looking for (but their cheap enough, even at full price). Target and HD were a blank. 2 days after Christmas, got more than I expected. Though, there is a lot left.

I hit two stores today which didn't look like anyone touched them before Christmas and they had a complete inventory on the shelves.

My goal was to get as many RED LEDs as possible this year.

I think I was able to get enough.

I just totaled up my light count for the last two days...

I bought 27,840 LEDs.

I mainly got Reds, but was able to get Pink, Purple, Blue and White.

My light show next year will be close to 50,000 LEDs.

October can't get here fast enough!

I want to see how awesome my show looks next year.

Went to Menards today and was disappointed... The had a lot of lights but were only 20% off.  They were 50% before Christmas.  

I was after Red, Green, White LED's but will wait for the price to go down.

No Led Snowflakes left.   I have been looking everywhere and none to be found.

I also want to find life size Nutcrackers but can't find any that are resonably priced and if they are priced right they are ugly and scary.  

The hunt goes on.

Saw a TV show once... some guy had 6 foot nutcrackers he bought on Ebay.....  Seemed to have tons of Strobes tooo.... wonder what I was watching....?????

Went to Menards today and was disappointed... The had a lot of lights but were only 20% off. They were 50% before Christmas.

I was after Red, Green, White LED's but will wait for the price to go down.

No Led Snowflakes left. I have been looking everywhere and none to be found.

I also want to find life size Nutcrackers but can't find any that are resonably priced and if they are priced right they are ugly and scary.

The hunt goes on.

Same here with Menard's tons of stuff left put the prices are going up.