Light-O-Rama Forums

Who went Light shopping today?

MikeERWNC

MMMM... Booty Shots!

There were tons of Cool White and Warm White here.

Here is a picture of what I was able to plunder:

If I may ask, what are you plans to use the purple and pink LED's on? 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MikeERWNC

• Arteom

• dgrant

• portcity_gt

If I may ask, what are you plans to use the purple and pink LED's on? 

I have been slowly decorating my neighbor's houses with my leftovers.

I am trying to change up their houses each year. -Purple, Round Blue, Warm White.

Pink is for October's Christmas Trees. - - Breast Cancer Awareness month - - The Christmas Trees out in front of my house are the first thing I set up.

I start decorating in October. This year I did one pink tree. It looked cool and you could see it glowing for a mile.

I want to do all of my trees with pink. Then I can always make them transition to other colors. Red, Cool White and blue. Searching for Green... Next year's color.

The Dome bulbs are my wife's favorite because they shine more light, or project more light, farther.

The house will be outlined with red, white and blue dome next year to project the color to the road, brighter.

The Smooth LED work best for my signs.

Next year I plan to do Merry Christmas and USMC in front of my fence.

I found when I drill the Coro-plastic board, the smooth LED push through and stick nicely and can be easily replaced when one burns out.

The C9 Red will go on top of my gutters above my White and Blue icicles.

Long story short, I would like to score more PINK.

In the future I plan to have sixteen seven feet Christmas trees out front with Pink as the base color.

Then have LOR controllers change them from pink, to white, to red, to green, to blue.

Some guys like Mega trees, I like multitudes of trees.

I tried to get a bunch of white trees, but they seemed to sell out everywhere this year. I should have bought them all last year. Who knew?

I have been slowly decorating my neighbor's houses with my leftovers.

I am trying to change up their houses each year. -Purple, Round Blue, Warm White.

Pink is for October's Christmas Trees. - - Breast Cancer Awareness month - - The Christmas Trees out in front of my house are the first thing I set up.

I start decorating in October. This year I did one pink tree. It looked cool and you could see it glowing for a mile.

I want to do all of my trees with pink. Then I can always make them transition to other colors. Red, Cool White and blue. Searching for Green... Next year's color.

The Dome bulbs are my wife's favorite because they shine more light, or project more light, farther.

The house will be outlined with red, white and blue dome next year to project the color to the road, brighter.

The Smooth LED work best for my signs.

Next year I plan to do Merry Christmas and USMC in front of my fence.

I found when I drill the Coro-plastic board, the smooth LED push through and stick nicely and can be easily replaced when one burns out.

The C9 Red will go on top of my gutters above my White and Blue icicles.

Long story short, I would like to score more PINK.

In the future I plan to have sixteen seven feet Christmas trees out front with Pink as the base color.

Then have LOR controllers change them from pink, to white, to red, to green, to blue.

Some guys like Mega trees, I like multitudes of trees.

I tried to get a bunch of white trees, but they seemed to sell out everywhere this year. I should have bought them all last year. Who knew?

Amazing Idea with the pink trees! I am assuming you have a mainly static display with some LOR controlled elements? I was planning on decorating the neighbors house myself... they never put up lights... 

I am surprised you found colored lights (red, pink, purple, etc...), I can't seem to find anything other than white, but I'm okay with it cause I haven't gotten anything in the years past. What store did you get those leds in the red box, never seen that brand around here before. 

I got a bunch of those red box lights from big lots. In fact most of the lights I bought for next year came from big lots.

I got a bunch of those red box lights from big lots. In fact most of the lights I bought for next year came from big lots.

Oh snap! I never went to Big Lots! 

Amazing Idea with the pink trees! I am assuming you have a mainly static display with some LOR controlled elements? I was planning on decorating the neighbors house myself... they never put up lights... 

I am surprised you found colored lights (red, pink, purple, etc...), I can't seem to find anything other than white, but I'm okay with it cause I haven't gotten anything in the years past. What store did you get those leds in the red box, never seen that brand around here before. 

I don't have anything static.

If it turns on, it is on a LOR Channel.

I even had a twenty feet talking star (Four Channels). Next year I plan on making a twenty feet talking Santa on another section of roof.

I only had 32 channels this year. It was plenty to set up and configure. This was my first year. Next year I will go really big!

As for the neighbors, if you ask them, they will say yes.

Some will waffle and feel guilty for not doing it themselves, but they will let you.

They want their house to shine more than you do. Most just don't have the ability whether it is to hang, buy, or time.

Well, had to head back to see if there were any left and was able to use this week's allowance to get another 32 boxes.  I'm hoping 46 boxes should get me started to assemble a couple projects.  My wife, normally just indugent about my various hobbies, put in a request for bouncing arches so I needed enough to atleast do a set of 2.  Also hope the the rest will allow me to experiment making some animation.

It would be to much to ask but I'll check again next week to see if there are more :D

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Was able to get enough lights for another mini tree at 90% off!  JoAnn still had enough 50 stands for me to get 800 total.  At $.80 even Amy said I could splurge :D

Jim

I got really lucky at Big Lots this week at 75% off.

I added another 10,000 Red, Pink, Purple.

I am done now.

I got really lucky at Big Lots this week at 75% off.

I added another 10,000 Red, Pink, Purple.

I am done now.

Thank you sir.  Got a few more at 90% :D

Jim

Good for you!

I am going to put a "Thanks Big Lots!" Sign in my yard this year.
They really came through for my light show.

light1.jpg

light2.jpg

light3.jpg

How the hell are you guys still finding stuff? All the stores around here are bought out or took the remaining stuff down.  I still need red, blue and green LED's :angry:

Edited by TheJackal

At this point, most all after-christmas sales, stock is gone for the most part. I saw a few boxes at BigLots but they were white only. Lowes was done. Home Depot had a few boxes of incans

You have to be at your first Wal-Mart at 0500 when they open the doors.

I can hit three Wal-marts before 0700.

Home Depot opens at 0700 I can be at two of them by 0800.

Back home before 0900 to change cars then three Big Lots and three more Wal-Marts by noon.

I am not a huge fan of Lowes. I did score some whites there for my twenty foot Santa.

Next year I will not buy as much.

Mostly colors - I have decided to pay retail for green. :(

The best tip I got from the experienced members is buy lots of candy canes.

Mike-i passed by Walmart 2 days after Christmas (Friday) and picked up around 4000 lights for 50% off. But all are white mini 50 count strings. A week later I bought another 2000 or so at 75% off. Some were multi minis and some were white. I saw maybe 3-4 boxes of the blue, but no green or red. I should have just cleaned out their inventory at that time. Next year I'll scope out the Big Lots to see if they even carry the green, red or blue.

Home Depot is the only place I saw green.

I did see about ten boxes of Green incans yesterday at a Big Lots in Trusville, AL.

I had one in my hand and going towards the buggy, but I could not bring myself to stray from 100% LED.

I did buy 5 cases of candy canes with a 2016 shelf date.

I would have bought more, but you can only fit so much in the hatch of a Corvette.