Light-O-Rama Forums

try for free did you get you order yet

CharlesFitz

Hi all,

I made a TryForFree order on August 11th. On October 8th, had the paypal request for money, which I immediately confirmed. On October 12th, I opened a ticket asking when it would be shipped, since I hadn't heard anything. Got a reply on October 16th, saying "It will ship tomorrow". It is now the end of October 19th, still haven't gotten any shipping details.

Anyone else having similar problems? I'm not in any hurry to get it since I don't have a Halloween display, but it's still frustrating to be told one thing and have it not be true.

-Mark

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arteom

• LOR Staff

• Tim Fischer

• Don

I thought he was paid with Philly Cheese Steaks & Nathans Hot Dogs?

I know nothing about the Philly Cheese Steaks. But I will tell you all, you got to try those Nathan's Hot Dogs. And if all possible the big ones, not the standard sized ones. Sams Club stand is one place you get a single dog. Wife and I bought a case of 160 for about 80 bucks. We broke them down to 5 packs and I take a few over the next couple of days for lunch at work. BTW if wondering yes we have a seal a meal type of device we vacuum pack them for later use that of way dont have to defrost the whole case at once. Dang good eating dog.

I got the notice yesterday that my order would be shipping. What got my panties in bunches is I ordered a USB485B this week and paid $15 for shipping and now I'm getting the 4 boards I ordered in the sale and I have another $21 in shipping. I guess with all the confusion there it was too much to ship the 2 orders in 1 box or even connect the 2? Just think I could have saved some shipping costs.

I didnt know the boards were going to ship. Thought maybe things went wrong and the order was canceled or something but I needed the new USB thingey for my wireless linkers.

OK, I feel better now and hope the UPS guy feels good too LOL!

Any New Word on the TryForFree results have orders been picked yet, will LORAdmin let us know who the winners are, has anyone yet won? am loving my LOr unit i got in time for oct and it is already assembled and in use for my Halloween Display, Now if i end up with a Refund i'll only just buy another 16 Channel's to make my total channel count 48 but if not i can settle with 32 for NOW

I have no inside knowledge on the TryForFree winners.

Per the Try for Free page, though...

When all orders have been shipped we will publish online, the list of TryForFree winners.

I got the notice yesterday that my order would be shipping. What got my panties in bunches is I ordered a USB485B this week and paid $15 for shipping and now I'm getting the 4 boards I ordered in the sale and I have another $21 in shipping. I guess with all the confusion there it was too much to ship the 2 orders in 1 box or even connect the 2? Just think I could have saved some shipping costs.

I didnt know the boards were going to ship. Thought maybe things went wrong and the order was canceled or something but I needed the new USB thingey for my wireless linkers.

OK, I feel better now and hope the UPS guy feels good too LOL!

Did you note on the second order that you already had one pending, or send a note to the order desk letting them know it was OK to combine? I know we combine stuff when we know to watch for it. Otherwise it's first in, first out (for the most part)

...Dang good eating dog.

YES! Nathan's is Bomb, not that WalMart stuff, but the real foot long dogs from Sam's Club, I always get em' when I go there, at a buck fifty with drink, its hard to beat...

Philly Steaks, marinate thin sliced ribeye (Ask the butcher) for around an hour, grill, top with cheese, let melt. Take a roll, spread on garlic butter, toast, and sweet sauteed onions, slap on your steak, and you're in heaven.

Hi all,

I made a TryForFree order on August 11th. On October 8th, had the paypal request for money, which I immediately confirmed. On October 12th, I opened a ticket asking when it would be shipped, since I hadn't heard anything. Got a reply on October 16th, saying "It will ship tomorrow". It is now the end of October 19th, still haven't gotten any shipping details.

Anyone else having similar problems? I'm not in any hurry to get it since I don't have a Halloween display, but it's still frustrating to be told one thing and have it not be true.

-Mark

I had no problems on my part, payment request came, and pretty much the exact time the next day I got the tracking, great service, and it was only 2 days after the 8 week period... so excited... and on top of everything TryForFree! Newbie Rush... :D

FYI....

The 'cheese steak' steaks at Sam's club are pretty good as well. They are in the frozen section, in a red box. For the life of me I can't remember the brand name, but the package says something along the lines of 'break apart' or somesuch.

They are 1000x better than those krappy 'steak ums' you get at the grocery store, and are very convenient.

Small fry pan, half an onion, pepper strips and mushrooms, Awesome lunch (and only about a buck, where you'd spend $8 for one at the steak sub place)

FYI....

The 'cheese steak' steaks at Sam's club are pretty good as well. They are in the frozen section, in a red box. For the life of me I can't remember the brand name, but the package says something along the lines of 'break apart' or somesuch.

They are 1000x better than those krappy 'steak ums' you get at the grocery store, and are very convenient.

Small fry pan, half an onion, pepper strips and mushrooms, Awesome lunch (and only about a buck, where you'd spend $8 for one at the steak sub place)

I prefer Ribeye...

We are allowed to say krappy?

Just sharing............I have two orders pending. The latter order had a request for payment on the 9th of this month. Re sent the money from Paypal on the same day. Still no shipping. The order placed prior to that order still has not had a request for payment. I just check my email everyday, many times a day. I still am not worried. I don't do Halloween so I just eagerly await my shipments.

I'm sure LOR is very busy so I am not submitting any ticket looking for my orders and just add to there work load responding to email.

Steve

My coworker had an order pending and finally called about it. Coincidentally (?) he got the shipping notice the following day. He was wondering if calling 'bumped' it or if it really was just coincidence...

EDIT: I probably shouldn't have posted that. Now everyone's going to be calling :(

Edited by Tim Fischer

I just wanted to be the 100th reply.

Oops, I guess that honor went to me, without me even trying. Sorry ;)

EDIT: I guess you were the 100th reply. I was post #100 though ;)

Edited by Tim Fischer

Oops, I guess that honor went to me, without me even trying. Sorry ;)

EDIT: I guess you were the 100th reply. I was post #100 though ;)

Everybody knows that the 100th post isn't nearly as cool as the 100th reply. ;)