• jimswinder

• bob

• JBullard

• Surfing4Dough

Larry Leonhardt wrote:

Time is clicking away...

Yes it is.

Everyone:

I've been saying this all year. Please don't wait on S3 to start your programming. History tells us that LOR will release the software when they are ready, not when *we* are ready.

S2 wasn't released until November the year it came out. People who waited all year for S2 just to start their sequencing were left with very little time. Start now.

Don wrote:

Everyone:

I've been saying this all year. Please don't wait on S3 to start your programming. History tells us that LOR will release the software when they are ready, not when *we* are ready.

S2 wasn't released until November the year it came out. People who waited all year for S2 just to start their sequencing were left with very little time. Start now.

Hint Hint

Does this mean I am not the only one who start his day by refreshing the PDU, the software page, and the recent forums pages, then getting coffee?
Don I appreciative the warnings and I've started some things, but I am not attempting the CCRs without superstar.
Besides I need to finish building things so I can assign controllers / channels so I can really start :?
This weekend I start setting up so I should be done building by then :D

Jim Saul wrote:

Does this mean I am not the only one who start his day by refreshing the PDU, the software page, and the recent forums pages, then getting coffee?
**Start the day that way then do it again every 5 minutes or so!! LOL**

Don I appreciative the warnings and I've started some things, but I am not attempting the CCRs without superstar.
**Me neither!!!!**

jimswinder wrote:

Jim Saul wrote:
**Start the day that way then do it again every 5 minutes or so!! LOL**

**Me neither!!!!**

Ditto.

Waiting on S3 before programing for CCRs?

Why?

Neither S3 nor Super Star existed in 2009 when many of us were buying and using the CCRs in our displays.

We programmed them with S2 2.4.10 software in 2009.

Guess some people just need something to whine about.

Just my opinion.

JBullard wrote:

Just my opinion.

Well since we know that the hold up on the controllers is we can't complain about that anymore, so now the easiest target is the promised release of the software.

The controllers started shipping as soon as they were available.

S3 will be released as soon as it is available.

Just my opinion, whining is not going to speed it up.

chrisl1976 wrote:

JBullard wrote:

Just my opinion.

Well since we know that the hold up on the controllers is we can't complain about that anymore, so now the easiest target is the promised release of the software.

Hopefully both of the above were meant tongue-in-cheek, since I don't see any complaints or whines about S3 release in the reference posts (or the previous 10 for that matter). Just stating the facts, expressing their exciting to upgrade (hence the repetitive website checking), and stating what they are planning to do with regards to sequencing CCRs. Just my opinion. :P

JBullard wrote:

Why?
**Why not? Got plenty of other things to keep me busy. :P
**Why do you feel us waitng for a product is "whining"?? There are two options...wait or don't wait...it is up to the individual to decide which one is right for them...**

jimswinder wrote:

JBullard wrote:

Why?
**Why not? Got plenty of other things to keep me busy. :P
**Why do you feel us waitng for a product is "whining"?? There are two options...wait or don't wait...it is up to the individual to decide which one is right for them...**

Well said Jim.
clapping-hands.gif

Don wrote:

Dave H1 wrote:
Hint Hint

Just to be clear - I do not have any information as to the release date of the software.

Did anyone else hear him mention Nov?

PaulXmas wrote:

Don wrote:
Dave H1 wrote:
Hint Hint

Just to be clear - I do not have any information as to the release date of the software.

Did anyone else hear him mention Nov?

Per Dans' PDU of last Thursday, October 6, 2011 (6 days ago)

and I quote:

"Final polishing of our S3 sequencing package, including SuperStar has also gone well. I now anticipate the software being released next week."

I see Bob has posted the helpfile for S3. Page 73 of the pdf version tells us about the licence levels. There seem to be two parts to the licence, one with the levels of basic to advanced that we know now, the second part states how many CCRs can be controlled by the "Superstar" functionality.

Regards,

Alan.

Alan C wrote:

I see Bob has posted the helpfile for S3. Page 73 of the pdf version tells us about the licence levels. There seem to be two parts to the licence, one with the levels of basic to advanced that we know now, the second part states how many CCRs can be controlled by the "Superstar" functionality.

Regards,

Alan.

That's right. You still have only a single license key (i.e. you don't have to worry about entering two different big long ABCDE-12345-...-67890 things), but it now controls two totally independent things: the "main" license level (Basic to Advanced) and the SuperStar license level.

Most existing customers' licenses will initially have no SuperStar support, meaning you can only use SuperStar in a sort of "demo" mode. To really use SuperStar, you would have to purchase a SuperStar license, which would automatically give SuperStar support to your existing LOR license key (assuming you already have one).

If you previously purchased a SuperStar license (before it was a part of LOR), your LOR license should already be updated with SuperStar support.