Light-O-Rama Forums

Waiting on S3

Larry Leonhardt

Surfing4Dough wrote:
"S3 and all the new products, including G3 controllers will go on sale at midnight tonight, and end all this craziness!"  :P:P

:P:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

YAY!!!!! It goes on sale at midnight!!!!!! LOL

I think he said something else too.... j/k

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• bob

• JBullard

• Surfing4Dough

cwale wrote:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

YAY!!!!! It goes on sale at midnight!!!!!! LOL I think he said something else too.... j/k

Sweet!! I got my order in!! :D;):D;):D

After downloading LSP2 - I'm wondering if the delays are due to a "catching up" phase. Running a development company myself, competition really kills deadlines, especially when the competition is out first and has some things you didn't think about.

With that said, S3 or not, I'll go LSP2 this year.

seankovacs wrote:

I'm not sure what's worse - the inquisitive or the "I'm the good guy" post.

LOR creates a forum specifically for S3...not even locked down to the "beta testers" and you expect people to not hoot and holler and question its release. It's an open invitation.

Its the inquisitve that is worse, WHEN and only WHEN the inquisitive goes beyond and becomes critical like someone "owes" them something. ANd, perhaps I didn't read into the posts deep enough, or like a therapist would, I was not trying to be the good guy, just standing up for the cause, cuz I love you guys, and girls, and your knowledge, and outside the box thinking, which when it comes to creative thinking, I sometimes lack. I am an ex Army Ranger who knows how to kill things, and am very tactical, not creative, and this relaxes me...:D Okay, So I'm done with this, and will wait patiently for the good news! Its not like I check this forum every hour on the hour of my work day...oh wait, yes i do. And I apologize if I offended any of you lighting enthusiasts!

Jeff Millard wrote:

I think many of the questions regarding S3 have been answered as clearly as possible in this and several other threads. My opinion about whining is directly related to release dates. No one knows. The threats of changing to another product are hollow at best. LSP sucks, and anyone interested in gambling their display on it over S2 is destined to fail. I know, 3 people are going to tell us how great it is now. More hollow bs. These discussions start good, then end up with a few trolls creating dissent that results in LOR locking down public interaction about beta, from the testers. I guess what I'm saying is, you're cutting off your nose to spite your face. We asked if we were overstepping our bounds posting vids and answers to questions and we weren't told not to. However there is a notice telling us not to discuss anything due to past negative response. I see that in our future. It bothers me because I hoped things would go better. They didn't. But hollow threats and arguing between the ranks is just making us all look like school children, me included for highlighting that post.
For that I apologize to the community.
Please, ask a question about the new visualizer. I'll try to answer it as best I can. And please, don't argue about the release date any more, nothing good can come of it. We need the interaction. It has helped to point out some things that would have gotten missed.

Jeff
I agree, my bad, my apologies

If anyone was offended by my post, it was not my intention to offend or belittle anyone. Developers are constantly aware of people wanting it now-now-now, but we’re also aware of what will happen if we release it prior to its being ready.

The development process is a whole lot more than converting caffeinated soft drinks to urine, believe me. I was just trying to give a little insight into the process of developing software and bringing that project to a point where people can actually use it.

I guess it’s a trigger point for me to have someone constantly nagging as to when a project will be completed. Most programmers develop rounded shoulders to let it just roll off our back. But on rare occasions, just like a cornered dog, we will occasionally growl. We tend to not growl at our customers or users, but we will growl in the back room where no one can hear us (usually).

With LOR, I’m an end user, not a developer. So I share your frustration at waiting for S3 to be released. At the same time, I’ve had the Christmas lighting bug long enough to appreciate the LOR software I have.

I started in 2005 with Animated Lighting, using their Animation Director. The hardware was good, their software (Animation Director) was not. It was buggy, it crashed quite often (causing loss of unsaved work on many occasions), and was very cumbersome when moving the show from the PC to their Monster Brain.

I suffered through it for two years and got very tired of waiting for a promised update to AD. I eventually put the AL hardware in the closet and switched to LOR. S1 was SO much better than AD, I cannot even tell you. I, like everyone else using LOR, waited impatiently for S2s release. As Captain Jack would say, S2 was much more betterer.

I’m always looking for ‘betterer’ software, so I bought LSP just because I felt it would be a great thing to be able to use my AL hardware along with my LOR hardware. It’s a great product, but not the easiest to use. I prefer easy without a huge learning curve. Plus, it requires the same sort of ‘compile’ that AD required, so I said to heck with this, I’m staying with S2.

Given the alternatives, I’ll wait for S3 no matter how long it takes. I know it’ll be easy to use, very powerful, and have all sorts of new features for RGB lighting. I think it’ll be like the old, familiar S2 with much more stuff attached to it. If it’s in time for this year, great. If not, that’s great, too. I know it’s coming and that’s all I care about.

But I'm also anxiously watching to see when it'll be released. Today, I'm on the other side of the fence with the rest of you. I want to know when it'll be done. I'm just enough of a developer to not ask. :D

Your mileage may vary, see dealer for details. Not valid in the states of Texas, Arkansas, and California.

MikeH wrote:

mbettez wrote:
Read the PDU. S3 next week!!

Great! My 1 year free upgrade ran out Oct. 3rd. But as good as S3 sounds, I will be happy to pay for the upgrade.

MikeH

That must have been what they were waiting for. ;)

Is it OK to whine about how many new threads there are now about the PDU update regarding the controllers going back into the store tomorrow?? ;):P:shock:

ConfusedFace.jpg

Surfing4Dough wrote:

MikeH wrote:
mbettez wrote:
Read the PDU. S3 next week!!

Great! My 1 year free upgrade ran out Oct. 3rd. But as good as S3 sounds, I will be happy to pay for the upgrade.

MikeH

That must have been what they were waiting for. ;)

Yep, they saw me coming.

MikeH

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Is it OK to whine about how many new threads there are now about the PDU update regarding the controllers going back into the store tomorrow?? ;):P:shock:

ConfusedFace.jpg

Not yet. It's only on about 4-5 threads....needs to be on 20+ threads to be eligible for whining.

MikeH

I'm just waiting to see what the "ACTUAL" upgrade pricing will be to go from S2 to S3, both WITH and WITHOUT the SuperStar Software Add-On. Depending on the pricing between the two options will determine which way I can go with the new upgrade.

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Is it OK to whine about how many new threads there are now about the PDU update regarding the controllers going back into the store tomorrow?? :P:P:shock:

ConfusedFace.jpg

Let it go Dough:dude:

Tho you can order the G3 boards, this lil gem was at the bottom of the page:

Please be advised that it may be many weeks before we can deliver. (orders placed early will be delivered fairly quickly)

Unless you're an iPaid-Too-Much-For-New-Tech lemming, just keep working with what you've got and plan for next year.

While I have been known to be a paid-too-much-for-new-tech lemming in past, in this case i am more of a I-Have-3-Projects-Built-In-My-Garage-That-Need-Controllers kinda guy. I have 3 on the way and will be happy as soon as they get here.:):):):)