Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie configuation

bbig

Alright I have a plan and a shopping list..

So does anyone want to help out a New User with the Budget ???

LOL, I am taking donations....

Many Thanks To All For The Information Provided, as I have a good leg up on Next Years Halloween & Christmas Displays

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KYHI

• dibblejr

• k6ccc

• Mr. P

Top Posters In This Topic

found the Actual Specs on the Bullet/Square Pixels

• Node Type: Smart Bullet
  • Nodes Per. String: 50
  • Based On 100% White
    • Max Node Current Draw: 60mA
    • Max Node Wattage: 0.72W
    • Max String Current Draw: 3A
    • Max String Wattage: 36W
    • Max Nodes Before Power Injection: 120

so it seems based upon Max intensity Full White - each Pixie Port really only supports 50 Pixels

Edited by KYHI

1 hour ago, KYHI said:

found the Actual Specs on the Bullet/Square Pixels

so it seems based upon Max intensity Full White - each Pixie Port really only supports 50 Pixels

That is why you power inject (fuse leads recommended) the rest of the AMPS . If you feed 12V at the other (Far) end, you are Golden for 100 nodes. or at Node  51, 101 for 150.

BUT if you only have short bursts of White: you can do 100  (12V) without PI as long as your PSU can deal with the REAL White Current. Enough times with longer whites MIGHT weaken the fuse, HAVE SPARES.

45 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

That is why you power inject (fuse leads recommended) the rest of the AMPS . If you feed 12V at the other (Far) end, you are Golden for 100 nodes. or at Node  51, 101 for 150.

BUT if you only have short bursts of White: you can do 100  (12V) without PI as long as your PSU can deal with the REAL White Current. Enough times with longer whites MIGHT weaken the fuse, HAVE SPARES.

Trust me, PI is not a "rule".My longest straight run 156 no PI. My longest short run 725 nodes no PI.

JR

Results vary as there are many options - although the Actual Specs do matter - in any application..

Dibble, did I not read a post stating you run at 30% intensity? - I could be wrong..

Edited by KYHI

18 minutes ago, KYHI said:

Results vary as there are many options - although the Actual Specs do matter - in any application..

Dibble, did I not read a post stating you run at 30% intensity? - I could be wrong..

Yup 30/40 depending but they all worked with a slight variance of white if all on. I could barely tell. Pre S5 I could not turn the intensities down outside of sequencing it, S5 has made it easy so now all are dim from DMX to LOR. And they are still really bright especially at my house where there are no other lights - no street lights and al  trees.

JR

33 minutes ago, KYHI said:

You will find that 100% intensity is very very bright. Most of use lower intensities to reduce the need for sunglasses at night 

Music has dynamic range, lights can have too. The lights should match the mood of the song, then  a short bright burst is more effective on peaks.

Because I didn't know any better, I've been running more Than 7,000 pixels on one 500k network and I haven't experienced any lag even on very complex sequences. I use a mix of pixie 4s, 8s and 16s.  

19 minutes ago, bbig said:

Because I didn't know any better, I've been running more Than 7,000 pixels on one 500k network and I haven't experienced any lag even on very complex sequences. I use a mix of pixie 4s, 8s and 16s.  

Seeing how it wasn't long ago that you discovered how to set them up and I was one of the first beta testers and have about 32 pixies I will call it how I see it. 21K channels on one NW, BS.

JR