Light-O-Rama Forums

E682 initial setup

zvacman

If you used a temporary ip address to access board and did not assign new address  you have to force temporary address again ,when you power board down without permanent address you lose the temporary address

Dennis:

I used the IP 192.168.1.206 that the controller was sent with. I was going to change it but I didn't. Is the IP it comes with temporary?  When I get home from work tonight I am going to try to do a #5 force IP and see what happens.

Thanks, Mike

41 minutes ago, zvacman said:

Dennis:

I used the IP 192.168.1.206 that the controller was sent with. I was going to change it but I didn't. Is the IP it comes with temporary?  When I get home from work tonight I am going to try to do a #5 force IP and see what happens.

Thanks, Mike

That's the default IP address of the controller. It's permanent (unless you change it) and will not change when the power cycles. You do not need to change it if your computer's ip address is in the same subnet.

Mike

48 minutes ago, zvacman said:

Dennis:

Thanks, Mike

I think this was asked earlier, but have you tried a different ethernet cable. An intermittent problem like that could easily be the cable. Any word from Jim yet?

Mike 

I have tried several different cables, homemade and store bought. Yes I did hear back from Jim right after the first controller connected, so I told him I would get back to him.  I just don't get it.  The controller sat on the workbench and literally did not get touched.  I will try yet another cat5 cable when I get home. If I don't have this resolved by the end of the weekend they are going back to Sandevices.

Mike

This is really getting weird. I got controller 1 to connect using 192.168.1.206, changed the IP to 192.168.1.207, updated the change.  Then I exited the config page and tried to go back in and it won't connect. Checked the address on the controller using 1 and it blinks the correct address of 192.168.1.207 but it won't connect.  Restarted the computer and tried again, page can't be displayed comes up.  Tried another cat5 cable although the other one wasn't touched and still nothing. I would put an emoji of me beating my head against the wall in here but LOR won't let me. How in the world would it connect just fine and then nothing?  I also tried doing a forced IP on both of them and still nothing.

Mike

It keeps getting stanger. I can connect only by forcing the controller. I even put the default IP address in and updating it. Exit the config page and it won't connect without forcing the controller. What the heck?

Mike

After you got in using the forced ip you enterd the new IP address ,on bottom page did you click on restart controller that's has to be done to change IP address

Yes. If I leave the address as the default (192.168.1.206) it is fine. If I change it to (192.168.1.207) it won't connect until I do another force.

Mike

Enter new IP address. Update system. Restart controller.  Close page type in new IP address page should reappear 

The controllers will not let me change the IP addresses of either one. When I change them they won't connect without forcing the 192.168.1.206 address again. If I leave them at 192.168.1.206 they connect no problem.

Mike

Edited by zvacman

Try a few different numbers. Are you restarting controller

Edited by Dennis Laff

1 hour ago, zvacman said:

The controllers will not let me change the IP addresses of either one. When I change them they won't connect without forcing the 192.168.1.206 address again. If I leave them at 192.168.1.206 they connect no problem.

Mike

I'm going to dig mine out of storage tomorrow to see if I can help you further.

Mike

5 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

After you got in using the forced ip you enterd the new IP address ,on bottom page did you click on restart controller that's has to be done to change IP address

correction, you need to "update system information" first, then restart

Edited by saxon

Good news.  Both controllers are connecting with their new IP addresses.  For some reason they wouldn't accept an IP address that ended in an odd number.  Also just updating wouldn't save the new address, I had to update then restart the controller then update again. So for now all is good in the workshop. Thanks everybody.

Mike

1 hour ago, zvacman said:

Good news.  Both controllers are connecting with their new IP addresses.  For some reason they wouldn't accept an IP address that ended in an odd number.  Also just updating wouldn't save the new address, I had to update then restart the controller then update again. So for now all is good in the workshop. Thanks everybody.

Mike

Good to hear. My controllers will stay safely packed away then.

Mike