Light-O-Rama Forums

3rd light o rama box not working please help

jasoncampbell83

I had 2 CTB16PC controllers have the cat 5 sockets go bad.  Lucky for me I just received a new CTB16PC controller I used to replace one, and I am using the second at the end of the line.  I contacted LOR via their help desk and they sent me a return authorization number and instructions on what to include.  

I am up and running until today.

A problem sprang up where the #1 controller just shut down, although controllers #2 & #3 continued to run.  Seems that the controller is having a problem with line #4. First I thought that there was a problem with the light strings or extension cords, but testing found no problems either with the lights or cords.  Once I removed the #4 extension cord from the CTB16PC the controller came live.  I then hooked up the extension and lights that were previously Line #4 into Line #3, and the show is going on.

Seems that Line #4 is now drawing a LOT of power and is always on,  I'm not sure if a reset will do the trick or if the triac needs replacing.  

Anyone have a problem like this (I searched but could not find a situation like mine) ?  Any suggestions?

I am up and running until today.

Seems that Line #4 is now drawing a LOT of power and is always on,  I'm not sure if a reset will do the trick or if the triac needs replacing.  

Anyone have a problem like this (I searched but could not find a situation like mine) ?  Any suggestions?

It's been my experience that when a triac goes bad it does not impact the overall performance of controller. It will be just that particular channel that is affected. Usually stuck on

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have a third controller CB16DV5 that wouldn't work for me this year.  I can hook up to it alone or with the other two controller by only using the hardware utility.

This year I added a dmx operated tree which i ran on the E1.31 network with a cross over cable.  This worked awesome.  My signing trees worked great too.  But i couldn't get this third controller to work.

Now that I am tearing down for the year, I am trying this third controller directly and still the same, harware utility works but won't sync with the sequence editor.

I think i made a change to my software to effect this?  I have the advanced version of the LOR software.

Any ideas?

I would guess you have the configuration in the SE messed up. Probably the wrong device type or address for the channels on that specific controller. Go to the first channel on that specific controller in the SE and right click on the channel descriptor, then select "Change Channel Settings", then verify everything in there.

All settings seem to be correct.  I must have done something globally because I used a sequence from last year that did not have DMX and I didn't touch at all and the same thing happens. 

Won't recognize the third controller at all.  The other two are fine.

As I mentioned, it works fine with the hardware utility.

Thanks.

Yes it does find all three controllers.

It worked well with all three last year and then I added the dmx network and i think i messed something up.

It stopped working on my non DMX sequences as well as my new dmx sequences.

Cant figure what i did wrong.

I have the lor running from the dongle off the usb port like I did successfully last year.  it is on Com port 9 set to regular network.

The dmx is connected via crossover cable to the controller on the E1.31 protocol. Everything seems to work together except this third controller.

is there a general network setting that I did incorrectly?

The third controller is in the Dmx mode how is it connected to the e1-31 and if it was in Dmx mode it will not show in hardware utility

thanks

all three of my LOR controllers are on the LOR network from the dongel like i hade them last year.  they worked well then.  it was not until i added the E1.31 network that i started not seeing the controller in the sequence editor.  The hardware utility sees all three but not the Sequence editor.

the LOR boxes and the dmx are on two separate network connections.

I have a pixlite16 that is running my ccr tree.  it is the only thing running on the E1.31 network.

This is the only thing that is dmx.  All the LOR boxes are on regular network and marked as LOR 

I am not sure why this also effected sequences from last year that i didn't make any changes too.

confused.  just trying to figure this out before i put things away.

Thanks for your time.

Check your channel configurations your controller I D numbers must be different in the sequences than what you have your controller set to

The sequence that I am testing is one from last year that I did not touch.  My Three boxes are 01,02,03  pretty simple and worked last year.  These run off the same LOR dongle as last year.  Unchanged from last year.

I added the E1.31 network this year to run the Pixlite 16 controller.  This is the only thing on the Cat 5 network.

What i can't figure out is what did i go globally to even effect last years untouched sequence?