Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence editor crashing

stunney

Every time I try to show the waveform in sequence editor, it crashes.  I have tried with different sequences, tried restarting the computer and running sequence editor with no other programs running, still no luck.  It worked fine last year on this PC.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Try using a fresh copy of your audio file,and make sure its a constant bit rate mp3..

You could  try a .wav version too.

So apparently I cant play a sequence in the SE either without it crashing. When i hit play it brings up a progress bar and says "analyze media file" and then just hangs there.

I dont have another copy of my audio files, as I had to do some audio editing on them.  Ican play the audio files in windows media player, and they play fine.

I'm so lost.

Just did a bit more testing, and it only does this with the sequences i did last year.  i can start a new sequence with a new song and it works fine. If i try to start a new sequence with one of last year's songs or try to play last year's sequences, it crashes.

Load the files into Audacity and re export them. Try exporting as wav files also. Backing up first of course.

Might try checking or un-checking "Use Internal media" in the edit menu.