Light-O-Rama Forums

Vendors

TitusCarnathan

Should LOR Block vendors  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should LOR Block non lor competitive vendors. (eg. CDI MITS HLE)

• Yes
    • No

I will agree that from a business point of view it would make sense to allow some vendors who's products exhibit a synergy with LOR products to post here. It is good for customers and for LOR. We are looking into a way to organize such a thing.

Judgments as to the nature of posts are made and posts are edited or removed based on those judgments. Sometimes (such as with your post), the post is hidden while it is being reviewed. No one here (or anywhere else in the world) is perfect thus our monitoring of this forum is not perfect but history has shown that due to the character of some users on this forum we must actively intervene to maintain an atmosphere that I consider acceptable.

As far as deleting post or threads that do not meet the forum guidelines, we do not need to provide an explanation as to why a post is removed. It gets very busy here during the holiday season. We may sometimes error and overreact and other times under react to things. That is the way it is. Sometimes a thread is so intertwined with inappropriate posts that the best thing to do is just delete the entire thread rather than take to time to clean it up. Other times individual posts are deleted as they are considered inappropriate or not germane to the subject of the thread.

This ought to be PM'd to every member so everyone sees it and understands.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TitusCarnathan

• LightORamaDan

• shfr26

• plasmadrive

Other times individual posts are deleted as they are considered inappropriate or not germane to the subject of the thread.

What do the germans have to do with this? :D

I agree with Dan and know he'll work out the best setup for everyone involved in all this. Like many have said, this IS the Light-O-Rama forums and how they manage and deal with them is entirely up to them. Personally I could care less if there were vendors allowed to advertise here or not, sure it's nice to maybe see something that one may want or like to add to their display, but again, LOR owns and operates the forums, therefore any final decision would be up to the LOR folks, as I'm sure Dan also has committee members to help with this issue at hand with the vendors.

So no matter which way it goes allowed or disallowed of vendor sales/postings, the final say will be Dan's and at that time we all should just respect that decision and move on.

Just my .02¢ worth.

• The topic was locked