Light-O-Rama Forums

What Did You Get Done Today?

Guest wbottomley

Setup 6 arches today.  Man, that took a lot longer than I thought it would.

Just a few more strings to go and I'll be ready for Friday.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Santas Helper

• plasmadrive

• dgrant

• 75redman

Not doing pics till it's done.  Room is currently a mess.  I doubt I'll have it done before Christmas, so don't hold your breath.  I need to have a lot of Patience for this project.  Patience is a hint, but I won't respond to any guesses.  

Wife let me make a much needed purchase for my project today so I can proceed.  Could be picture ready enough by end of next weekend.

Wife let me make a much needed purchase for my project today so I can proceed.  Could be picture ready enough by end of next weekend.

That would be cool. Thank the wife for me ;) .

Well a perfect day for updating sequences in Oklahoma.

Our first day of snow for the season, along with sleet too.

So the first sequence to tweak was.... "First Snow" by TSO. :D

A few others are also done with a couple more to go. I'll get to them in the next day or so.

well I got the last of the lights up ran all the cords until I ran out of zip cord so I have to make a extension cord purchase ( ouch )  got everything set took the computer down to the basement to test the light and ....... NOTING NADA ZILCH!!!  HU could not find any controllers tried a few things but then it got dark had a little Clark G moment  so will try again in the morning

...froze my keester off for another 4 hours today after yesterdays 8 hour and fridays 3 hours.

Just have to place 5 floods and clean up all the wiring and test.

25 degrees is cold!... it least it was not windy. (Rare for Kansas)

Inflatable Santa and sleigh died on me. Got a 16 ft long one at Home Depo for 99 bucks... Bargain!

Good luck to all and be safe!

tj

Finished recording all the tracks for "Penguin Holiday". Now I have to mix down and sequence. Plenty of time, right?

That is why I used the DC-DC converters on the Plasma Icicles.. That voltage drop is a killer some times. Hope your supplies make it in time.. You are early enough to not be in the Christmas rush so you should be fine.

What about your data stream? How is that for distance? Noise?

That is why I used the DC-DC converters on the Plasma Icicles.. That voltage drop is a killer some times. Hope your supplies make it in time.. You are early enough to not be in the Christmas rush so you should be fine.

Data stream is fine. One of the universes is closest to the E682, but it has the extended power line. Where did you get a DC converter that was weatherproof?

Data stream is fine. One of the universes is closest to the E682, but it has the extended power line. Where did you get a DC converter that was weatherproof? Might do that next year.

My iPhone is haunted. Sorry. I get these multiple wackos every so often. Usually coincides with missed calls and messages. Ah technology.

troubleshot the network Issue found the problem. Tested all the lights found one bad power cord changed that out all is good just some minor cable management things and will test out the shows tonight when I get home from work may even start this weekend instead of next if I can get my tune to sign done

I got them from a company that gave me too much grief for defective devices so I don't recommend them.  I finally had to go thru PayPal dispute to resolve the issue... well, at least get some $$ back... They have manufacturing problems that they refuse to acknowledge even though I showed them a video of defective product testing without even removing it from the sealed packaging.  Once I got working units they work fine..

So I don't advertise for them..

Bring back that edit button darn it

Finally up and running after a hellish start of this year... controller boxes stolen and some other stuff , but with the help of my family and friends up and running today!!  I hope everyone has a safe and a great Thanksgiving! Have a good one.

Bill

Got almost a foot of snow Saturday night, going to take awhile to melt and hinder setup, luckily we are not known for being setup on Thanksgiving weekend anyway.

Finally up and running after a hellish start of this year... controller boxes stolen and some other stuff , but with the help of my family and friends up and running today!!  I hope everyone has a safe and a great Thanksgiving! Have a good one.

Bill

Very glad to hear it all worked out Bill. Family and friends are amazing!!!

Moved the beer to make room for thawing the turkey. :rolleyes:

Created show after upgrading. Ran the show with little timing issues (adjust sequences). All is well there but have a portion of the mega tree tower floods not working right (first 8 channels). I think it's cat5 cable or controller fuse but too late and cold for tonight. Will check it out tomorrow.

Warming up (40s/50s) and dry for the next 7 days so things aren't too bad to get finishing touches done. :)

Plasmadrive, you should name the bad guys. It's like waking into a buffet and being told, "Don't eat what I ate!" Leaves you wondering which item to avoid!