Light-O-Rama Forums

After Christmas Sales Frenzy

Brian Mitchell

roach.dan@gmail.com wrote:

This was the big score of the day though :D
oooooooooooooooooooohhhh, 70 incher. Let me guess a virtal santa will be ran on it?

Nice, real nice catch.. and I agree, you win on best catch...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hcl1

• l0chte

• TitanBry77

• roach.dan@gmail.com

Our Walmart went 75% ON TOP OF 50% off... I got the last $20 50ct Color Changing LED strand... for like 3 something.. :D
Couldn't resist.

Box of 10 candy canes are $0.25

Has anyone ever asked Walmart if they can get stock from another store?

scubado wrote:

This was the big score of the day though :(

How much did you get your TV for? That's the exact same TV I want in either the 60" or 70" depending on price difference. So far, haven't got the wife to OK it, yet.

I was going to get it at Best Buy for the ONLINE PRICE MATCH of 2499 but they didn't have one in stock so I called Sears and they had one and matched the $2499. I have to admit it was pretty cool loading that bad boy up. There was a guy loading a 50" at the same time and when they brought out my box you could see his heart just drop it was twice as big as his box!! As far as the 60's go I was seeing a lot of high quality 60's going for $999 I was upgrading from a 65" DLP so I couldn't go smaller! It would be like going from a 20 foot mega tree to a 15 un heard of! :)

CKSedg wrote:

This was the big score of the day though :(

70"? Oh my heavens! I thought my 55" that I got for Christmas was big.

Enjoy!

P.S. I have a 100" screen and projector downstairs in the "Theater Room."

You got me beat by 5" we have this set up in our Great room I also have two 37 inchers mounted on the wall in and we bring down our 32 from out bedroom to put on a mount on the patio. For games we have a total 271" of football heaven.

That was my first project now its being "that guy with all X MAS LIGHTS"

Attached files 298885=16481-photo.JPG

wbottomley wrote:

Just pouring salt in the wound. $19.50 each. Regular price $79 each.

You didn't just get those today did you?

l0chte wrote:

Our Walmart went 75% ON TOP OF 50% off... I got the last $20 50ct Color Changing LED strand... for like 3 something.. ;)
Couldn't resist.

I went in a Walmart today that still has over 300 boxes of multi colored incandescents 100 count. I was told they would not be 75% off till Feb 1.

Anyone in Northeast Ohio need these, just give send me a PM and I'll tell you which store.

Steve

steve synek wrote:

l0chte wrote:
Our Walmart went 75% ON TOP OF 50% off... I got the last $20 50ct Color Changing LED strand... for like 3 something.. ;)
Couldn't resist.

I went in a Walmart today that still has over 300 boxes of multi colored incandescents 100 count.  I was told they would not be 75% off till Feb 1.

Anyone in Northeast Ohio need these, just give send me a PM and I'll tell you which store.

Steve

WOW, I wish that was ours.. To bad I'm not heading up that way anytime soon..

Here's a tip: Go to customer service and see if anyone returned any lights.. I got a few boxes today at walmart at 75% off.. But they have all holiday stuff down to just a half aisle.. Mostly Pinecones left.. Not a light in the store.. :/

wbottomley wrote:

Just pouring salt in the wound. $19.50 each. Regular price $79 each.

A little more salt for the wound. Just posted this in another thread, but I got 13 of the 36 count ge g-35 lights for $9.88 at lowes today. That was the hookup. I will post a picture with everything I got today at lowes. Sweet deals today.

lowes.jpg

Bought 12 boxes with 25 each light stakes. Normally $3 for $.75 at Home Depot. These are the nice black stakes that go into the ground easily.

Redbirdruss wrote:

Bought 12 boxes with 25 each light stakes. Normally $3 for $.75 at Home Depot. These are the nice black stakes that go into the ground easily.

Our Walmart has a case of these for around the same price.. Thought about getting them to keep cords off the ground..

Since were playing the TV game.... heres my 82" Flat Screen 3D TV in all its glory:

tv.jpg

So you can imagine where everyone comes to watch football...:cool:

All of my local stores have been out, they were out mostly before Christmas.

I went to Lowes yesterday for something and they had a box of GE warm white C5 LED at the return counter, asked, how much, plugged them in, they worked. $2 (lol) I had to say I got something on the after Christmas sales!

This is what I've been working on picking up all week. Everything here was 75% off except the Phillips (Target 50% off).....in one case a local Lowes even gave me additional 10% because i asked if I could get any better discount because of the volume I was buying. Never hurts to ask I guess.....Can't wait to start planning for next year. And start hacking those (20) GE Color Effects......

Attached files 299610=16512-014A.jpg

LightsinMaine wrote:

This is what I've been working on picking up all week. Everything here was 75% off except the Phillips (Target 50% off).....in one case a local Lowes even gave me additional 10% because i asked if I could get any better discount because of the volume I was buying. Never hurts to ask I guess.....Can't wait to start planning for next year. And start hacking those (20) GE Color Effects......

I've been hearing about the g-35s, Are they compatible with LOR now?

TitanBry77 wrote:

WOW! What a score! Was that all stock left in a store(s) or did they order it in for you from other stores. Good job!

I actually bought it online from (3) different stores within a 40 mile radius......They actually still have some LED clear lights that I'm hoping I might score at 90% some mourning before they open (ordering online)....

I just ordered 38 boxes of 100ct red incandescent lights online from Lowes for .68 a piece. I'm going to stop by and pick them up tomorrow after work. Funny thing is, I called earlier and the guy I talked to told me they where out of stock, but I went ahead and ordered them online and will find out tomorrow whether or not he was telling me the truth.