• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hcl1

• l0chte

• TitanBry77

• roach.dan@gmail.com

I did pretty well with Home Depot. 96 boxes of 100 count clear for $1.30 and a few other things for half off. Best of all they were all a gift from my family so it didn't cost me anything. That's the best Christmas gift ever!

I got 35 boxes of Blue incans and 10 boxes of white incans for $1.34 a box from Wally World and picked up 5 more light up candy canes( have a couple that yellowed) and need extra backups. My wally world had @ 100 boxes of blue and @ 75 boxes of white and more cases then i could count of multi color. Went to Walgreens and they had nothing marked down...grrr they have a light up gingerbread man that i want. Oh and got lots of candy for myself...lol
:]

I was able to get 20 of each red, green and clear LED C6 50 ct at Walgreens for $2.99 a piece. I also have them sourcing another 20 of each color and they will be in by the end of the week!

I was surprised that nothing was really out there around me. I had been keeping an eye out at Home Depot Lowes etc, had the wife checking Target as well and even before the holidays they had almost noohing so I knew after Christmas they wouldn't have anything either.

I just did the pre-order at Holiday Lights Express and paid in full pretty much everything I ordered was still in stock too so if I'm reading it correctly I'll get whatever is in stock now. Going forward all I'm doing is LED. I did amp draws on my incans vs the led I have and it's no comparison. 30 strands of LED from HLE :D Also found some xenon strobes on sale so picked up 30 of them. I'm hooked uh oh! LOL

Picked up 35 clear 100ct mini's, and 65 multi 100ct, they didn't have any color, just multi's so it looks like I'll be swapping bulbs next year. They had 1000's of clear mini's in stock though.

Walmart, Menards, Family Dollar, Dollar Store, the other Family Dollar, and ACE, have all been out of normal incans for over a week... :/ Cant believe some of the stories about the Walmarts still having a ton. I checked tonight, (second time today) in walmart, they have about 20 boxes of 50ct Multi LED spolls. and thats about it. Maybe a few fixtures and light clips but they are OUT.

Don Gillespie wrote:

Wow all good hauls this is what I got

I got the same! Probably because I didn't even go to a store today! I plan to buy what I need through CDI, so I can get the right colors.

I didn't get that much.

20 red and 20 green Candy canes at Walmart.
3 sets of 70ct. Warm white C9 LED's.
1 set of 70ct. Green C6 LED's.

That's it, most of the shelves were pretty picked over.
unless you wanted BLUE LED's!!! Holy crap, Menards still had what looked like a full inventory of blue for some reason.

I also am planning on doing a preorder through CDI.

Our local walmart had zero lights left. But then my wife (what a woman) suggested we try a walmart about 30 miles away. She remembered they had lots of Christmas stuff left on the 23rd. So that where we went.

My wife and mother-in-law bought lots of boxes of regular clear lights for me. I left feeling guilty because i left some still on the shelf!

I didn't get a chance to go buy any until the day after Christmas, late in the afternoon. Garden Ridge was sold out of the majority of their stock. I only ended up leaving with maybe 4 or 5 boxes of multicolor C6 lights and probably 12 boxes of light clips.

I went to Target today and laid down about $100 worth in lights alone. I got 8 boxes of icicles, two boxes of C6 multicolor and then 12 boxes of fullwave LED lights.

Not too bad but I'm still investing in probably $200 at MITS.

Wallyworld here had lots of rope lights but when I plugged them in the colors were kinda washed out.. so I passed. I got almost nothing after 6 stops.

I scored pretty good here, I was able to get 4,000 White, 2,000 red and 2,000 Blue. All Incands but for the money I am happy. I dont load down my channels too much so Incands are just fine for me. I ended up paying right around $1.00 per 100cnt string...
P.S. My biggest deal I found was at Goodwill Second hand stores of all places. I got 2,000 white wire clear minis for 1.00 per string. May go back and get more they had a ton of them all New in Box still....

imacericg wrote:

I waited outside our local Target with 20 other crazies and picked up 10 snowflakes. They were half off which came out to be $12.50 each.

Thats what I was on the search for...when they were 30% off, I figured, i'll just wait, as there was quite a few left...I was 15 minutes late for the store opening, ran to the back...alll gone..I am envious!

I have those same Snowflakes from last year. check them all with a kill-a-watt meter. I checked mine and one of them was 3 watts higher than the rest.

Donny M. Carter wrote:

Target score! 50% off!

I got
48 box of 100 ct amber incans
142 boxes of 100 ct white
18 boxes of green
28 boxes of blue
22 boxes of 450 ct white
10 Pink Susan G Komen Angels
30 Pink Susan G Komen Ribbons
20 candy canes
30 Boxes of white LED 100 ct
22 boxes of LED White icicle
14 boxes of multi LED Icicle

There is still a bunch of c5 and C9 led stuff at all 4 lowes stores near my house.