Light-O-Rama Forums

After Christmas Sales Frenzy

Brian Mitchell

The flicker is what really bothers me. It almost gives me a headache. I have yet made the switch but I am considering it. Just going to cost around 7-8k to switch is the hard part. But I spend that much on controllers cust when buying lights I am use to the 2 dollar and 3 dollar a box items....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hcl1

• l0chte

• TitanBry77

• roach.dan@gmail.com

Don't give up guys/girls, there are still deals out there. I was working out of town and drove an extra 15 minutes to another walmart in Goshen, IN and walked out with 75 boxes of multicolor 100ct incans @ 1.34/box. I left about 35 or 40 boxes, since I didn't need them. I also stopped by an Ace hardware and picked up 11 100ct red icicle lights for $2.50 a piece.

xtraxmas.jpg

Most of everything was cleaned out by xmas - but i found some gold and white incans at lowes for about $1 per box and some green incans at walmart for about same price.

All our Lowes sold out before christmas, so if anyone has the set's highlighted in red and wants to help me out I'll buy them.
need 1 210 ct. white led spool C5 i think and 14 boxes of 100 ct. led white mini's

Attached files 297677=16442-NewImage.jpg

Going around to a bunch of Goodwill stores Tuesday morning looking for Christmas stuff for next year, we found THIS!! it was $39.99, and then 75% off for Seasonal item discount.. we walked out with it for $9!! Ok, was $14 because I gave them $5 donation.. HE WORKS!! Has canned music/songs, a mic and aux inputs.. the head turns, jaw moves to the music and mic/aux, but didnt swing back and forth like he's supposed to.. Opened it up, found the drive belt was missing, went to HD for an O-ring, one from a Delta faucet fit, popped it on and he's rockin' the night away..

We put him in the yard to play Santa for Red Sovine's A Soldiers Silent Night.. Total cost, $16.27.

Attached files 297702=16443-Santa.bmp

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Going around to a bunch of Goodwill stores Tuesday morning looking for Christmas stuff for next year, we found THIS!! it was $39.99, and then 75% off for Seasonal item discount.. we walked out with it for $9!! Ok, was $14 because I gave them $5 donation.. HE WORKS!! Has canned music/songs, a mic and aux inputs.. the head turns, jaw moves to the music and mic/aux, but didnt swing back and forth like he's supposed to.. Opened it up, found the drive belt was missing, went to HD for an O-ring, one from a Delta faucet fit, popped it on and he's rockin' the night away..

We put him in the yard to play Santa for Red Sovine's A Soldiers Silent Night.. Total cost, $16.27.

I have the same one! Minus the shirt and shades....lol

I hit up 4 Walmarts first thing Monday morning. Ended up getting about 9,000 LEDS mostly RED as I have a hook up on whites (I did end up getting 2,000 or so white minis for my lil trees)

Attached files 297709=16446-Lights.JPG

Wow you guys got some deals! I was out and about today for work and was hoping I'd casually stroll in to an HD or Lowes and find a pot o gold. No such luck!

My "pre-season" order though from HLE did arrive, 30 packs of LED minis... Sweet!

The only thing left for me to buy was light stakes and light holders for the roof. I still have plenty of them but didn't want to leave the store empty handed, so I bought some. lol

My walmart still has 6-8 cases of red and multi incadecant lights.Friday i bet they go to 75% off.To bad i only buy led lights.

roach.dan@gmail.com wrote:

This was the big score of the day though :P

70"? Oh my heavens! I thought my 55" that I got for Christmas was big.

Enjoy!

P.S. I have a 100" screen and projector downstairs in the "Theater Room."

I was able to go online to the Lowe's website and order a bunch of clear incan mini lights tonight for $1.35/box. I'm having them delivered for free to my local store. Woohoo! I feel better now...

I hit up 4 Walmarts first thing Monday morning. Ended up getting about 9,000 LEDS mostly RED as I have a hook up on whites (I did end up getting 2,000 or so white minis for my lil trees)

Oh Wow!
Our local Walmart had ZERO Red LED's. Needed at least 10 or so boxes to finish the complete change over on my Christmas trees.

Robert
www.burtonchristmaslights.tk

This was the big score of the day though :D

How much did you get your TV for? That's the exact same TV I want in either the 60" or 70" depending on price difference. So far, haven't got the wife to OK it, yet.

Menards has 11% rebate on top of the 50% for this week. Not as exciting as I was hoping. I bought some of what I wanted, waiting for better deals.

Walgreens went 75% on some stuff and someone beat me to what I was hoping to get.

TJ Hvasta wrote:

dang.. Dan beat us all!!

No, Teej, I think YOU still beat us all! Awesome job on your Santa score! :cool:

Our Lowes goes to 75% off tomorrow morning. I am hoping to score an animated Rudolph, some giant snowflakes, and GE color effects! Fingers are crossed. The challenge will be getting my butt out of bed and there by 7 am..... I am not a morning person. :shock: