Light-O-Rama Forums

Features in next release of software

LightORamaDan

HowardShank wrote:

I want to play with it. But playing with it at work is frowned upon for multiple reasons.

You have MULTIPLE reasons...

WOW...I am envious!!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• LightORamaDan

• rstately

• Philip

I think I might have been one of the first people to download the new software. I saw the post that the new version was up and there were only 5 views of the page!

So.... After the download and install, "I LOVE IT"!

The chase tool allowed me to add (3) 9 channel arches and a set of (8) 2 channel mini trees to one song in about 2 hours of work!

I played around with the RGB channels a little, but since I dont' have any RGB stuff (YET) I didn't spend too much time on it.

The channel fill is great too, makes filling in the those large holes pretty easy.

As for the clip board on the side. I didn't really use that right off the bat. But I can see where it will be helpful for chorus stuff that is the same throughout the song. Have to play around with that some more.

Love the Repeat button too! although it took me a little while to find it. IMO, it should be over by the chase/fill tools.

Great new version guys! I commend those that were involved in programming the new version.

Obviously as others have mentioned, I think a Mirror/flip command should be next on the agenda, along with a new visualizer. Just some suggestions...

Now for everybody else, You have no excuse to procrastinate any longer so, go download the new version, and get to sequencing!!!

Have fun.

jimswinder wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
I probably won't sleep tonight so I can play with it. "The new version" I mean.

Hopefully the new version is bigger and better and loaded with some great stuff that will help us keep our lights going ALL night long!!!

Based on your postings in another thread, it sounds like you are having problems when you are playing with it -- just causing it to stop working. Sorry to hear that. You might want to keep talking to your doctor, I mean Dan, about such issues. ;)

(sorry, couldn't resist.)

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Based on your postings in another thread, it sounds like you are having problems when you are playing with it -- just causing it to stop working. Sorry to hear that. You might want to keep talking to your doctor, I mean Dan, about such issues. ;)

(sorry, couldn't resist.)

Kinda hard to play with it when you can't even get it to come up...

Mountainwxman wrote:

Dang... this thread has taken a "hard" left turn.

And... it's quite funny. ;)

Once it starts to do that, there is very little that can be done for it. (Known as Peyronie's -- you can google it. Bubba Clinton was a famous sufferer.)

from the looks of it, when you take existing channels and tell one to convert to an RGB channel it grabs the two channels directly below it and makes these three into your new RGB channel. Obviously this can cause all sorts of problems, especially if those other two channels aren't part of the RGB you're trying to create.

There needs to be a check box option in the dialog box asking if you wish to create the RGB from the channels named 1, 2, & 3 ((and it could pull the channel names from the next buttons)) or to create a new RGB channel from scratch.

I'm don't recall how the CCRs are setup but when you sequence a FireFli the RGB channels are setup as pixel 1 = units 1,2, & 3 : ch1 on each then pixel 2 is units 1, 2, & 3 : channel 2 .... etc

Philip wrote:

from the looks of it, when you take existing channels and tell one to convert to an RGB channel it grabs the two channels directly below it and makes these three into your new RGB channel. Obviously this can cause all sorts of problems, especially if those other two channels aren't part of the RGB you're trying to create.

There needs to be a check box option in the dialog box asking if you wish to create the RGB from the channels named 1, 2, & 3 ((and it could pull the channel names from the next buttons)) or to create a new RGB channel from scratch.

I believe that all the options you mention are available

Dan

Philip wrote:

I'm don't recall how the CCRs are setup but when you sequence a FireFli the RGB channels are setup as pixel 1 = units 1,2, & 3 : ch1 on each then pixel 2 is units 1, 2, & 3 : channel 2 .... etc

The dialog does default to the channel you pick and the two immediately following it, but it lets you choose any channels you want for any or all three of them. They're all listed in dropdown boxes.

bob wrote:

The dialog does default to the channel you pick and the two immediately following it, but it lets you choose any channels you want for any or all three of them. They're all listed in dropdown boxes.

I guess I missed that the first tmie around, thanks

Philip wrote:

There are a lot of new things! I expect people will be missing lots of stuff :(

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Philip wrote:

There are a lot of new things! I expect people will be missing lots of stuff ;)

Dan

Maybe someone should start a thread saying what they found for those of us that are too lazy to read about the changes.

I love the the chase feature! Going to save me a lot of time.

Thanks guys!

PaulXmas wrote:

Maybe someone should start a thread saying what they found for those of us that are too lazy to read about the changes.

I'm confused.

You are too lazy to read about the changes, but you want us members to go to the trouble to document the changes again which will be exactly what LOR has already published?

Seems like a waste of our time, especially if you will be too lazy to read them in a new thread.

I'd rather spend my time helping people that are at least willing to help themselves.

PaulXmas wrote:

I love the the chase feature! Going to save me a lot of time.

Okay...I tried to do a simple "Chase"...couldn't get it to work.

I know it is operator error, so can someone point me to where it is documented how to "USE" the new features and not just what they are? (tried doing a search for "chase" under "help" in the Sequence Editor...but it was no help).

I know for me it is just my stress and frustration level is rising (no where near where I wanted or should be with my Christmas Construction) and not thinking straight.

EDIT:

I swear I am turning into a complete idiot!! (and I am sure there are many here that would agree with me!!) It is HELL getting old!! (that's my excuse, and I am sticking to it!!)

Just re-read the pdf for doing a chase and figured out what I was doing wrong...

I D I O T!!!! I gotta slow down and smell the Christmas Lights...

Jim,

This is how I do it. Possibly other ways also.

Click on the chase tool. Turn on a cell where you want to the chase to start.

Turn on a cell where you want the chase to end.

Then left click and hold on the beginning cell, and drag to the ending cell. Release.

Bingo, your chase should be there,

EDIT: see that you edited your post while I was typing and have figured it out.

JBullard wrote:

Jim,

Then left click and hold on the beginning cell, and drag to the ending cell. Release.

And that was EXACTLY what I was doing!!!! and NOTHING!!!

BUT...what I didn't do (If I read the pdf correctly) was the need to have something in the first set of cells for the Chase tool to replicate...

I, for some reason, thought it would just fill it all in for me...

jimswinder wrote:

JBullard wrote:
Jim,

And that was EXACTLY what I was doing!!!! and NOTHING!!!

BUT...what I didn't do (If I read the pdf correctly) was the need to have something in the first set of cells for the Chase tool to replicate...

I, for some reason, thought it would just fill it all in for me...

Exactly ? But you didn't have a beginning cell turned on?

Don't confuse the chase with the autofill function. lol

JBullard wrote:

Exactly ? But you didn't have a beginning cell turned on?

Don't confuse the chase with the autofill function. lol

See...I did it again!!

I read your comment so fast the "Turn On Cell" part didn't register!!
My mind read "Click On Cell"...

I'll be lucky if I am not in the Mental Hospital by Thanksgiving!!!

Hmmm...wonder if they have Christmas Light there...

You could hardwire a LOR box into the lighting at the mental hospital. Oh...you could have a LOT of fun with that!!!