Light-O-Rama Forums

Features in next release of software

LightORamaDan

I like this RGB Channel feature but it needs more options. I have many elements that have red, blue, green and clear lights on them. I would need a Multi color channel where I could set the number and colors of sub channels. But for now I will make full use of the RGB tools.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• LightORamaDan

• rstately

• Philip

rwertz wrote:

jem5136 wrote:
Many items in my display are red, green, and white, could I use the RGB tool to switch those colors easily?

I'm right there with you Jesse. We talked to Dan about this at the NJ mini. I don't believe there was anything in the works that would display it properly. We could use the RGB tools, but the white would be displayed as blue (and blended as such).

My display is all Red & Green. Can I use the RGB tool and just use the R and the G?

It'd be great if the RGB device colors could be selected for those of us in the R, G, W or R, B, W situation etc. In any case, I'm really looking forward to all the new tools (fill, chase), even though I can't use the RGB device segment (this year).
Richard

jimswinder wrote:

[snip]
I didn't see anything that addressed some of the most basic items that were on a lot of peoples wishlists...like enabling the software to be more Excel like (I.E., freezing certain panes when scrolling) and the list is endless.
[snip]
I guess you can't please everyone, and I guess I fall into that category.

WIth few exceptions, the features added were the most popular in the wishlist email folder. The specific item you mentioned (freezing frames) is on the list but it is down the list a bit. We will continue to add features to the software.

There are a number of additional features I want to get out this year but we needed to pick a spot to do a release.

I think it's going to be real helpful as is. You know, some people aint happy that it washes windows and gets a beer from the frig for them. They expect it to do a sexual act too.

Come on guys be happy and patient for more bells and whistles in the future.

Thanks Dan, Bob and crew.

I am very happy with the amount of software, and firmware updates we've had over the last 2 years. This one looks like the biggest and most time saving of them all.
I think the software is practically free, both compared to other software, and in the overall cost of putting on a computerized light show.
Considering the price, It's hard to complain about all the time and hard work that must have gone into it.
That said, What's this about it bringing me a cold beer?
I have trouble getting my wife to do that, and she's costing me a "LOT" more.:D

Did I hear something about free beer?
:D
On the serious side, it looks like the new version is going to awesome!
I can hardly wait .

Max-Paul wrote:

I think it's going to be real helpful as is. You know, some people aint happy that it washes windows and gets a beer from the frig for them. They expect it to do a sexual act too.

As a developer of a commercially-available software package, I can very much relate.

"Why didn't you guys implement ? How long could it possibly take you to add that checkbox?"

What they dont' realize is everyone has their "favorite feature", and while adding a checkbox is trivial, adding the code to make that checkbox do what you want might not be :D

Tim Fischer wrote:

Max-Paul wrote:

As a developer of a commercially-available software package, I can very much relate.

"Why didn't you guys implement ? How long could it possibly take you to add that checkbox?"

What they dont' realize is everyone has their "favorite feature", and while adding a checkbox is trivial, adding the code to make that checkbox do what you want might not be ;)

You're right, people should be patient Tapatalk :D

rwertz wrote:

Installing a free plugin != implementing a new software feature. :dude:;)

rwertz wrote:

Tim Fischer wrote:
Max-Paul wrote:

What they dont' realize is everyone has their "favorite feature", and while adding a checkbox is trivial, adding the code to make that checkbox do what you want might not be ;)

I hope this is in the upgrade to the new forms.

Harrison

Thank you Dan,

We know how hard you guys work on all of these products to make them better for us.

I know I speak for everyone when I say how much we appreciate this new version. It has given me a new spark to get on it again. I was really dreading coming up with new chase sequences for this year, but I'll put these new features to good use,

Thanks,

Mark

I what to echo this comment!!!

Greg Young wrote:

Nice changes and additions.

Kudos to Dan, Bob and all the team!

Greg

Hey Jim, you got to wait in line. X10 usb first! Although I think most have given up on X10. :shock::):D

iresq wrote:

Although I think most have given up on X10.

I replaced most of my house stuff with Insteon. I got a smart Insteon controller that works very well, and can be controlled over the Internet.

Question: Can a LOR sub-sequence run a Windows command? If so, does this Windows command run when the main sequence starts, or when the channel corresponding to the sub-sequence is turned on? If the latter, then I could run arbitrary commands at certain points in the sequence, which could send a command to the Insteon controller.

Steven wrote:

iresq wrote:
Although I think most have given up on X10.

I replaced most of my house stuff with Insteon. I got a smart Insteon controller that works very well, and can be controlled over the Internet.

Question: Can a LOR sub-sequence run a Windows command? If so, does this Windows command run when the main sequence starts, or when the channel corresponding to the sub-sequence is turned on? If the latter, then I could run arbitrary commands at certain points in the sequence, which could send a command to the Insteon controller.

I like this idea a LOT - a Channel set to a comamnd when ever it is fired it start the command.

Harrison

My display is all Red & Green. Can I use the RGB tool and just use the R and the G?

Yes, but underlying each RGB channel are an R, a G, and a B channel, and the underlying B channel will still be there in the sequence. Nothing besides you yourself will prevent you from putting lighting effects in that B channel.

Even if you do accidentally put lighting effects in the B channel, though, it shouldn't really be a problem - you can set the B channel to have "Device Type = None" instead of "Device Type = LOR", and that way no lighting effect commands will be sent to your actual controllers based on the effects in that channel.

You know, some people aint happy that it washes windows and gets a beer from the frig for them.

I bet that someone with enough knowledge of servos could make LOR get a beer from the fridge for them. And if someone does, please let me know! :)

Question: Can a LOR sub-sequence run a Windows command?

At this time, sorry, no. That's a good idea, though. I suggest sending an email to wishlist@lightorama.com about it.