Light-O-Rama Forums

Features in next release of software

LightORamaDan

bob wrote:

Question: Can a LOR sub-sequence run a Windows command?

At this time, sorry, no. That's a good idea, though. I suggest sending an email to wishlist@lightorama.com about it.

Bob, isn't LOR in effect doing that when it runs a sequence and sends a tag that there is a new sequence (song) that triggers a bat file to allow a RDS unit to broadcast a text message specific to the song (sequence) playing???

Greg

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• LightORamaDan

• rstately

• Philip

Greg Young wrote:

Bob, isn't LOR in effect doing that when it runs a sequence and sends a tag that there is a new sequence (song) that triggers a bat file to allow a RDS unit to broadcast a text message specific to the song (sequence) playing???

I was asking about sub-sequences. A sub-sequence is when you have a channel in your sequence with a type of "Sequence", and you select another sequence file for this channel. Currently, if that sub-sequence has a Windows command, it will be ignored when run as a sub-sequence.

I'm looking forward to all the new features but wondering if some of the new stuff can be combined to work together such as using the chase tool while the foreground is turned on to keep a fade or intensity unchanged 'behind' it

Wish I could have gotten in on this beta ;)

Philip wrote:

I'm looking forward to all the new features but wondering if some of the new stuff can be combined to work together such as using the chase tool while the foreground is turned on to keep a fade or intensity unchanged 'behind' it

With the new "Paste from Foreground" feature turned on you *could* simply paste the chase onto a section of cells that already have events behind it. As the PDF states with it turned on, the "off" events that you are pasting in won't actually paste ... just the events themselves.

Don wrote:

Philip wrote:

With the new "Paste from Foreground" feature turned on you *could* simply paste the chase onto a section of cells that already have events behind it. As the PDF states with it turned on, the "off" events that you are pasting in won't actually paste ... just the events themselves.

I understood this, but it means that the chase has to be created first someplace else. will using the chase feature erase the other effects within the rectangle space of the chase drag area?

Philip wrote:

I understood this, but it means that the chase has to be created first someplace else. will using the chase feature erase the other effects within the rectangle space of the chase drag area?

In my limited testing of the Chase feature, the Chase will not work as planned.

Thus, if you had cells set at 50%, then created a chase on the first channel (of the chase.) and tried to use the "Chase" feature to go down the line ... it won't work. With the 50% cells in the way, the Chase can't be created with the "Chase" function.

(Or for the short answer: It won't work that way.) :)

(Edit: When I said "Chase will not work as planned" I'm referring to the "planned" method in the quoted statement.)

Philip wrote:

Don wrote:
Philip wrote:

Wish I could have gotten in on this beta :)

If you want a chase with a fade or some other effect in the "background" then use the chase tool first then apply the fade or intensity over the chase with the "background effects" turned on. If you are using the fade tool then the entire area will fade up/down with the chase running undisturbed in the faded area.

bob wrote:

Question: Can a LOR sub-sequence run a Windows command?

At this time, sorry, no. That's a good idea, though. I suggest sending an email to wishlist@lightorama.com about it.

Perhaps this could be implemented as a "Channel/Device = Command" where you can issue a windows command at any point in a sequence just like any other effect. I sent my email to wishlist!

Hi All.

My only wish for S2 software is better beat detection after that I can handle most everything else.

Thanks Dan Keep up the good work

We love LOR in Louisiana.....:cool:

Can you put in a Pause button in the Editor? There's Start, and Stop, but there's no way to start a sequence, play for a bit, pause it, make changes, have it pick up where it stopped (yeah I know the Play From point), not the same

You're kidding? Space is the Pause? No waaay.. Um, Dan, never mind...

A feature I would like to see the new version do is wrap mini trees for me.. can it do that huh, can it, can it, huh? ;)

I still can't get the Idea of it getting a beer out of the fridge for me out of my head.
It's kind of hard to focus on christmas lights now?

TJ Hvasta wrote:

A feature I would like to see the new version do is wrap mini trees for me.. can it do that huh, can it, can it, huh? ;)

You could probably have LOR run a few servos and a turntable and "VOILA"...

a "mini tree wrapper"...

TJ Hvasta wrote:

A feature I would like to see the new version do is wrap mini trees for me.. can it do that huh, can it, can it, huh? :)

A couple of servos and a turntable and LOR should be able to do that...

a "mini-tree rapper"...

Sequence it to a P. Diddy song... ;)

EDIT:

Hmmm...didn't think/know the first post went thru...

rstately wrote:

I thought you just hit the space bar for that?
Son of a &@#% !
Learned something new today!
Thanks!

TJ Hvasta wrote:

DOH!! Hmmm, I need a "smack th' head" smiley!

Attached files 207279=11516-smack.gif

TJ Hvasta wrote:

DOH!! Hmmm, I need a "smack th' head" smiley!

Attached files 207280=11517-bonk.gif