Light-O-Rama Forums

Features in next release of software

LightORamaDan

dmoore wrote:

Dan -

Can you tell me how you would perform an RGB fade AND ramp at the same time within 2.8? Here is a sample of it within LSP (see attached)

It doesn't seem possible within 2.8.

You cannot nest a fade and a color morph today. You can fade a color to off which is a fade off of that color. In the next release the RGB tool will be more powerful thand in this initial release. Currently you can only pick a start and end color and you could fade the end color to all off.

Dan

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• LightORamaDan

• rstately

• Philip

LightORamaDan wrote:

dmoore wrote:
Dan -

Can you tell me how you would perform an RGB fade AND ramp at the same time within 2.8? Here is a sample of it within LSP (see attached)

It doesn't seem possible within 2.8.

You cannot nest a fade and a color morph today. You can fade a color to off which is a fade off of that color. In the next release the RGB tool will be more powerful thand in this initial release. Currently you can only pick a start and end color and you could fade the end color to all off.

Dan

Will it pickup some of the other RGB tools in LSP such as blend on a chase? Any chance it will have something like transitions? Native DMX support?

I'm really on the line right now between LSP and LOR for 2010 and I've got "lots" of RGB channels, so it would be very helpful to know how much of this "should" make it into a release before, say, October.

Thanks,
David

David, from what I've read, it seems like the most logical way to do this would be to do the cross fade from one color to the next, then erase the last 1/4 of the fade and do an intelligent fade down from the starting color to replace the last part of the color fade.

Besides, the remianing color would barely be visible as it faded to 0 anyways.

The image you showed really isn't any different than doing a simple color to color fade anyways

jimswinder wrote:

It will be Saturday at the earliest...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!:shock: It's like waiting for UPS to deliver my new controllers. Oh, wait, I AM waiting for UPS to deliver my new controllers.

jimswinder wrote:

I have be delaying doing more sequencing until the new version was released, since I am hoping that 2.8 will increase my efficiency (and I think this logic is helping me procrastinate too). However, as the weeks and days of waiting continue to pass, I think I am getting deeper in the hole. Hopefully another weekend won't come and go without it

Surfing4Dough wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

I have be delaying doing more sequencing until the new version was released, since I am hoping that 2.8 will increase my efficiency (and I think this logic is helping me procrastinate too). However, as the weeks and days of waiting continue to pass, I think I am getting deeper in the hole. Hopefully another weekend won't come and go without it

Thats the story I'm going with...

I can't get motivated, to update last years sequences.:D

Tim Herberger wrote:

I can't get motivated, to update last years sequences.:(

Tim, you will!

It's just been such a gorgeous summer that we have other motivations occupying our times..

Once the weather changes and we are confined more indoors, your sequencing motivation will improve.

Greg

Greg Young wrote:

Tim Herberger wrote:

I can't get motivated, to update last years sequences.:(

Tim, you will!

It's just been such a gorgeous summer that we have other motivations occupying our times..

Once the weather changes and we are confined more indoors, your sequencing motivation will improve.

Greg

I've been confined inside for the last few weeks with it being about 99 degrees and heat index well above 100. Still can't get motivated. Been working on same song for about 1 1/2 weeks on and off and still not done.

Alan C wrote:

For those that have not spotted it yet, v2.8.6 now exists for download. :)

Regards,

Alan.

Is it Saturday already? :(:P:P

iresq wrote:

Alan C wrote:
For those that have not spotted it yet, v2.8.6 now exists for download. :)

Regards,

Alan.

Is it Saturday already? :(:P:P

Now when I said Saturday, I was just guessing, not that I had any actual knowledge of when it was actually being released...

I'm just a peon like the rest of you guys (and gals)...:)

See ya later must go try it, and thanks. I probably won't sleep tonight so I can play with it. "The new version" I mean.

shfr26 wrote:

I probably won't sleep tonight so I can play with it. "The new version" I mean.

Hopefully the new version is bigger and better and loaded with some great stuff that will help us keep our lights going ALL night long!!!

I want to play with it. But playing with it at work is frowned upon for multiple reasons.