Light-O-Rama Forums

Features in next release of software

LightORamaDan

mcompanik wrote:

He was just a puppy when that picture was taken. He's even bigger now!

LOL! My wife is also tired of hearing about the new release. Are you sure that dog is not a horse?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• LightORamaDan

• rstately

• Philip

George Simmons wrote:

Sharon had an English Mastiff when we met in 2005. (Sadly he went to the big dog biscuit in the sky last year.) What a great dog! Except for the drooling... and except for the fact we moved into a place with a rather small yard. Not his fault, but it definitely gave poop patrol a whole new meaning. Those people with those Taco Bell rodents don't know what a dog turd really is...

Ok, now I'm tearing up...Titan, the resident English Mastiff, passed on in January at the ripe old age (for a Mastiff) of 10...he was number 4..the last two (he and his partner in crime Tiana) were rescues..and fantastic dogs...

It would create a huge debate to say "they are the best dogs there are..", but if you are a mastiff lover/owner, you truly believe that.

Anything you hear about the drooling/snoring/farting is all true...trust me...

DonFL wrote:

Yeah...but what about the dogs???

George Simmons wrote:

Those people with those Taco Bell rodents..

Hey, my wife has one of those Taco Bell dog's, and I get a lot of poop,
from my friend's...
I have come to accept him now,
I think I'm going to have Korean BBQ tonight.:shock:

Attached files 207593=11528-TacoBellDog.jpg

jimswinder wrote:

DonFL wrote:

Yeah...but what about the dogs???

You know the answer to that..until my wife approves acquisition of a new dog (fat chance of that..), I have no one to cover for me.

DonFL wrote:

...until my wife approves acquisition of a new dog (fat chance of that..), I have no one to cover for me.

Don - I think I see an opportunity here. Give her a choice - either a new Mastiff or a couple of new controllers and a CCR. Sounds like a win-win either way...

kzaas wrote:

So the new release includes dogs????:shock::shock:

Yep...you can hear/see them here:

Getting back on topic here, I've been reading the pdf a couple of times a day getting excited about the full release of this and am wondering something.

The pre-release notes show that when a channel row is set to RGB a 3-colored indicator bar shows up immediately to the left of the channel name button. Do the other channels happen to have a similar single color indicator showing which color that row is set to or should I submit this as a feature request?

LightORamaDan wrote:

mcompanik wrote:
Today is the 29th!! Please, Please, Please release soon. I can't wait! If it take much longer, my head will explode! (Not to mention that my wife is sick of hearing me talk about it) Thanks to Dan and the crew for constantly making improvements to the software.

Just about ready to release. Unless some unforseen issue jumps up we look good to release it next week. .... That is a big dog!

Dan

So we're going to have to go thru another weekend without the beer feature?

(and btw...thank you for mentioning that space bar = pause!!!)

jeffandnicole wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about that - the beer feature is over-rated, anyway. What's REALLY impressive, however, is the undocumented margarita feature. Unless we run out of tequila, this software version might NEVER get out of beta testing...

George Simmons wrote:

jeffandnicole wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about that - the beer feature is over-rated, anyway. What's REALLY impressive, however, is the undocumented margarita feature. Unless we run out of tequila, this software version might NEVER get out of beta testing...

Yum, margaritas. The puppy and I love them.

George Simmons wrote:

jeffandnicole wrote:

Uhhh, let's use caution with the word "undocumented." Out here in Arizona, it is synonymous with "illegal" and a very touchy subject. I wouldn't want protestors picketing my display this Christmas for using anything illegal. The police helicopters at night alone would ruin my display.

Denny wrote:

Uhhh, let's use caution with the word "undocumented." Out here in Arizona, it is synonymous with "illegal" and a very touchy subject. I wouldn't want protestors picketing my display this Christmas for using anything illegal. The police helicopters at night alone would ruin my display.

Sorry to see our PC Government get in the way of a good thing ONCE AGAIN!!...

Denny wrote:

Uhhh, let's use caution with the word "undocumented." Out here in Arizona...

I understand your concern. Not to worry. By the time the software is released everything contained therein should be properly "documented". I'm sure Dan isn't interested in creating an international incident...

mcompanik wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
jeffandnicole wrote:

Yum, margaritas. The puppy and I love them.

Titan wasn't much for margaritas, but a cold one after an intense game of volleyball always suited him well.

Attached files 207676=11532-volleyball.jpg

Dan -

Can you tell me how you would perform an RGB fade AND ramp at the same time within 2.8? Here is a sample of it within LSP (see attached)

It doesn't seem possible within 2.8.

Attached files 207709=11536-LSP-RGB-BlendAndRamp.jpg

dmoore wrote:

Dan -

Can you tell me how you would perform an RGB fade AND ramp at the same time within 2.8? Here is a sample of it within LSP (see attached)

So, within LOR you want to do a fade up and a fade down at the same time? (At least that's how I'm reading it based on the image you posted.

If that's the case, I don't know of a way to do it either. (Course, the time it takes to do this in the software now is mere seconds.)

Don wrote:

dmoore wrote:
Dan -

So, within LOR you want to do a fade up and a fade down at the same time? (At least that's how I'm reading it based on the image you posted.

If that's the case, I don't know of a way to do it either. (Course, the time it takes to do this in the software now is mere seconds.)

No - The sample I posted just showed a RGB blend (going from one color to another) AND at the same time, fading down or up. It seems like it does RGB blends just fine, white fades just fine but not both (without adjustment of a sub-channel).

dmoore wrote:

No - The sample I posted just showed a RGB blend (going from one color to another) AND at the same time, fading down or up. It seems like it does RGB blends just fine, white fades just fine but not both (without adjustment of a sub-channel).

Ah, okay. (Guess I read the post for about 5 more seconds before hitting the reply button, eh?)