Light-O-Rama Forums

Features in next release of software

LightORamaDan

A number of people have asked what is in the next release of software. The attached document was released to the Beta Testers and lists the changes that have been made.

Thanks Dan

Attached files LOR-2.8.0-Beta.pdf

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• LightORamaDan

• rstately

• Philip

YEEAAAHHHH!!!

Looks great Dan ( & Co.)!

Is there a link to a listing of requirements of a beta-tester (i.e. does it require a set number of hours use per week, reports per month, etc.), or does all it amount to is a willingness to report all errors, glitches, etc.?

Before 2.8.0 is released (it may be too late now that it is in Beta), can I please request that three new settings be added for better control of existing features:

1. An option to set the default width of the channel name column (so users can save a width where the longest channel name doesn't get pushed down to two lines)

lorchannelnamewidth.jpg

2. An option to set a default zoom/window dimensions for the animation preview. Also include whether night time mode is on or off in the save data.

3. An option to open sequences (whether one or multiple are open) by default in a maximised state (note: you might have already addressed this in the "tabbed sequences display" section of the documentation - if so please disregard point 3).

Hope these features aren't too hard to add, but they would erase some of the (minor) annoyances I have with LOR S2 at present :P

Will the new release do anything to solve the problem that is preventing some of us from registering online? It is really a pain in the backside to have to read the entire string of characters, and then manually input another string, for both of my LOR-installed computers.

Bob Musil wrote:

Will the new release do anything to solve the problem that is preventing some of us from registering online? It is really a pain in the backside to have to read the entire string of characters, and then manually input another string, for both of my LOR-installed computers.

Bob,

Like you, there are a few people (less than 1%) who have a problem with on-line registration. We are not sure what causes the problem but we have added some diagnostic code to provide a dump when this happens. This is not a solution but it will hopefully help lead to an answer on the cause.

People will not need to re-register their software for the upgrade. Indirectly related, we have included an off-line registration utility so that people who do need to register a machine that is offline can do so themselves using a machine that has on-line access to get the key.

Dan

Oh, man this is pretty sweet! While I don't have a CCR or DMX Devices, those who do, I think, will find the fill tool as their best friend. Great update!

lkcubsrule wrote:

Oh, man this is pretty sweet! While I don't have a CCR or DMX Devices, those who do, I think, will find the fill tool as their best friend. Great update!

The fill tool can also be a time saver with regular channels.

Dan

Is there any projected date for release of this new version (I assume there is some date in mind and just waiting to see if any beta testers find any significant flaws, which I understand would delay it)?

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Is there any projected date for release of this new version (I assume there is some date in mind and just waiting to see if any beta testers find any significant flaws, which I understand would delay it)?

Looking at the end of July barring any major problems and getting the help file updated.

I really like the changes to the software I see listed here, but I thought this next release was going to include some changes to the animation window. Such as RGB allowances so a CCR can be displayed on it.

kzaas wrote:

I really like the changes to the software I see listed here, but I thought this next release was going to include some changes to the animation window. Such as RGB allowances so a CCR can be displayed on it.

This release does support RGB channels in the animation window. However there whole new animator in the works that is a step above the existing window. We will be able to provide a date for the beta release of that new animator within 30 days.

Dan

Wow, there are some really decent new tools in the new version. Should make sequencing my mini trees and arches pretty easy.

Too bad the new visualizer is not ready yet. But I guess we can't have everything at once, that would make things too easy for us...

Love it love it love it!! Intelligent fading/filling.. wow! Really makes it easy to do fills and transition from one level to another.. sweet..

The new RGB stuff, I saw the ref to non-ccr, is that for Gregs Rainbow Flood-type lighting?

I havent been here a long time, but it looks like these are the best upgrade/enhancements I've seen!! :cool:

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Love it love it love it!! Intelligent fading/filling.. wow! Really makes it easy to do fills and transition from one level to another.. sweet..

The new RGB stuff, I saw the ref to non-ccr, is that for Gregs Rainbow Flood-type lighting?

I havent been here a long time, but it looks like these are the best upgrade/enhancements I've seen!! :cool:

For a RGB device that is a single RGB channel (one red, one blue, one green) you can just add a RGB channel. No need to add a RGB device...

Dan

Is 2.8 only available to special people, or can a regular Joe like me download it?

And I have a question about it. Many items in my display are red, green, and white, could I use the RGB tool to switch those colors easily?

Jesse

jem5136 wrote:

Is 2.8 only available to special people, or can a regular Joe like me download it?

And I have a question about it. Many items in my display are red, green, and white, could I use the RGB tool to switch those colors easily?

Jesse

Only the beta testers have the new version at the moment. If they find no major problems, it will be released in the next couple weeks to everyone with a valid license.

Denny wrote:

If they find no major problems, it will be released in the next couple weeks to everyone with a valid license.

I guess I will have to be the first negative poster...

I see a HUGE MAJOR problem, if in fact the pdf Dan attached includes all of the updates...

I didn't see anything that addressed some of the most basic items that were on a lot of peoples wishlists...like enabling the software to be more Excel like (I.E., freezing certain panes when scrolling) and the list is endless.

I am sure the people with CCR's will be very happy with the new software and those without CCR's...looks like we will still be without.

I LOVE the LOR hardware, but the software, in my opinion still lacks where it could be and where other programs are.

I guess you can't please everyone, and I guess I fall into that category.

jem5136 wrote:

Many items in my display are red, green, and white, could I use the RGB tool to switch those colors easily?

I'm right there with you Jesse. We talked to Dan about this at the NJ mini. I don't believe there was anything in the works that would display it properly. We could use the RGB tools, but the white would be displayed as blue (and blended as such).