Light-O-Rama Forums

Features in next release of software

LightORamaDan

TJ Hvasta wrote:

DOH!! Hmmm, I need a "smack th' head" smiley!

Attached files 207281=11518-smashfreak.gif

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• LightORamaDan

• rstately

• Philip

Yep,, and if I went back one page, I'd see it :) Not to hj, but where did you find those? Dan, ya gotta add them to the smiley list :)

I was wondering, When the new visualizer comes out. Will you be able to still use the old one?. So you would have time to learn how the new one works?
Or will it be so user friendly that it wont matter?

rstately wrote:

I was wondering, When the new visualizer comes out. Will you be able to still use the old one?. So you would have time to learn how the new one works?
Or will it be so user friendly that it wont matter?

Not exactly sure when the new visulizer will come out but we will have both in there when we release it. Eventually we will phase out support for the existing visualizer.

Dan

Hi all:

I dont mean to be stupid but what is the visualizer is that the animation window in the S2 sequence editor sorry only my second year..

Don In Kenner.LA:cool:

Yes, It's what you use to see your lights run on screen, as your sequencing,
and before you set up, and plug in to controllers.

I can't believe I had to wait 4 min for an answer!:)

Another consideration is how powerful of a computer would be required to run the new visualizer. As the old one can run on low end computers. HLD had to use tricks tol run smoothly. Only my fastest computer of the 3 I have can run another sequencing program smoothly if at all.

I don't know if it was mentioned elsewhere, but a big Thank You! to Dan and his team for updating the advanced license max version to 2.9! Last time I checked my license, the max version was 2.3 or June 17th 2010, whichever came later.

Not that I really want to spend even more money on this hobby, but how much longer can this free upgrade ride last?

DanCampbell wrote:

Not that I really want to spend even more money on this hobby, but how much longer can this free upgrade ride last?

You can say that again!
You don't have to tell me twice!
I'm starting to feel guilty about all the free upgrades, but then again I am Catholic.:)

A Catholic in Hollywood? That must be pretty strange sometimes... but if you'd like to pay your pennance in controllers PM me and we'll get it taken care of...

I could be wrong but it wouldn't surprise me if the license version upgrade might be to cover something Dan already has in the pipeline regarding restructuring the visualizer and stuff like that. Maybe if we keep them all busy selling and shipping controllers they'll never get around to charging for software upgrades...

George Simmons wrote:

A Catholic in Hollywood?  That must be pretty strange sometimes... but if you'd like to pay your pennance in controllers PM me and we'll get it taken care of...

Send you my controllers!, Hey I didn't say I was a practicing Catholic,They just made me go to school there, and instilled a life long feeling of guilt.
It has helped me stay out of trouble, so I've got that going for me!:)

Steven wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
A Catholic in Hollywood?

Mel Gibson is Catholic!

"OUCH!"
He was great in mad max, after that I don't think he did anything noteworthy?:D

rstately wrote:

Steven wrote:
George Simmons wrote:
A Catholic in Hollywood?

Mel Gibson is Catholic!

"OUCH!"
He was great in mad max, after that I don't think he did anything noteworthy?:)

"mad" does seem to be somewhat descriptive of some of his recently documented behavior, doesn't it???!! :)

Greg Young wrote

"mad" does seem to be somewhat descriptive of some of his recently documented behavior, doesn't it???!! :)

I would be "mad" to if some woman was trying to extort more than 15 million dollars out of me...

Just think of the lights and controllers that could buy!!!

Attached files 207507=11526-mel.GIF

Today is the 29th!! Please, Please, Please release soon. I can't wait! If it take much longer, my head will explode! (Not to mention that my wife is sick of hearing me talk about it) Thanks to Dan and the crew for constantly making improvements to the software.

mcompanik wrote:

Today is the 29th!! Please, Please, Please release soon. I can't wait! If it take much longer, my head will explode! (Not to mention that my wife is sick of hearing me talk about it) Thanks to Dan and the crew for constantly making improvements to the software.

Just about ready to release. Unless some unforseen issue jumps up we look good to release it next week. .... That is a big dog!

Dan

Sharon had an English Mastiff when we met in 2005. (Sadly he went to the big dog biscuit in the sky last year.) What a great dog! Except for the drooling... and except for the fact we moved into a place with a rather small yard. Not his fault, but it definitely gave poop patrol a whole new meaning. Those people with those Taco Bell rodents don't know what a dog turd really is...

George Simmons wrote:

Those people with those Taco Bell rodents don't know what a dog turd really is...

You saying you were scooping up "rodents"??

Attached files 207553=11527-1511766.GIF