Light-O-Rama Forums

Introducing: Blizzard and Rainbow Wall Runner

Ponddude

Hi everyone,

I was just informed by a few people that the "Add to Cart" button for the Rainbow Wall Runner page on my site was not working. For those of you that have tried to order the lights, I have answered your emails, but everyone should be advised that the button is currently working.

Everyone will be happy to know that everything, except the boards, is in stock. I received the shipping notice about the boards and they are on their way and will be in my hands on Monday. All the orders placed before 8/19 will be boxed and ready for shipment Monday. Keep an eye out in your emails for what you owe me in shipping.

Thanks everyone for your orders and let me know if you have anymore questions!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ponddude

• HowardShank

• Tim P

• beeiilll

Hi everyone,

As promised, Blizzard and the Rainbow Wall Runners are ready to go. Every pre order has been boxed and is waiting for the brown truck to pull up. I have sent everyone an email, via the email address you provided Paypal, telling you how to pay for shipping and the amount. Once I receive payment, you order will be out the door.

Just to let everyone know what is going on for the future. These lights have become more popular then I had originally thought. That is a good thing! The bad thing is I can't keep them in stock. We have switched to a different PCB supplier, one that will make the solder mask's white. This will hopefully help reflect the light more. The problem is, their lead time is a little longer then I would like...over 2 weeks. To add to that, the chips that Blizzard uses are so new, that the electronics giants like Mouser and DigiKey can't keep them stocked. All the preorders have been filled, however the people that asked me to build them for you, a people who placed an order for Blizzard after 8/11/09, are going to have to wait about a week longer. Orders have been placed for new components, and we are just waiting on the PCBs. I am extremely sorry for the delay, but as soon as I can, I will ship you what you are owed.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me at greg@christmasonmanor.com.

Thanks,
Greg

• 3 weeks later...

Its been a while, so I thought it was time for an update.

Blizzard and the Rainbow Wall Runner sold out quicker then we had thought. That's a good thing! Hopefully the people that did purchase these units really like them and find some innovative uses for them. We also introduced Blizzard20 this year, but ran into a huge issue and had to take it off the market. There was nothing wrong with the unit itself, but there was an issue with getting parts. Right now, three of the major components are back ordered until February 2010. We tried all the major suppliers, but ran into the same issues. To keep the prices as low as they are, we can't purchase them from random places. Because of that, we didn't do a pre order for Blizzard20 like we wanted too. We will have 100 original Blizzards in stock by the end of the month and we have enough components on hand to supply those 100 units. After that, Blizzard will be done for the year.

Rainbow Wall Runner is a different story. Components are easy to get, however we are sold out of the PCBs. Currently there doesn't seem to be a demand for them, but that doesn't mean we can't get them. If you are interested in the Rainbow Wall Runners, send me and email at greg@christmasonmanor.com. If we get enough interest in them, I will order them again. It is getting late in the season and I know a lot of people want start to finalize their displays...myself included.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Greg

Wow. I really like the snow falling effect seen here:

I understand this is your 'blizzard' unit. I take it since I see it is only 12" you must have three or four setup here. I was wondering, if anyone knew if there is a fully built, commercial version that comes fully assembled so all I have to do is plug-n-play.

I do not wish to solder anything.

Thanks for your time and response.

ChristmasDude wrote:

Wow. I really like the snow falling effect seen here:

I understand this is your 'blizzard' unit. I take it since I see it is only 12" you must have three or four setup here. I was wondering, if anyone knew if there is a fully built, commercial version that comes fully assembled so all I have to do is plug-n-play.

I do not wish to solder anything.

Thanks for your time and response.

this might work for you:

Edit: link didn't work Try going here http://qvc.com and enter h16829 in search box. Watch the video and see if you like the look

Thanks JP. That's awesome! I will definitely get those to hang over the fence or roof.

However, the 'blizzard' is also quite awesome, but I hate electrical assembly work that it seems to require.....

Just to clarify something here...

The link that you provided of my video and the falling snow was NOT Blizzard. That was done with mirror ball and a spotlight. There are commercially made versions of that, but the one I used I made. (I actually forget the name commercial one)

If you are interested in Blizzard but don't want to build them, send me a PM or an email at greg@christmasonmanor.com and I can work something out for you.

The unit is called "Light Flurries", I have one I would like to part with is anyone is interested and I'm open to offers.

Thanks Grump010 and Ponddude. My apologies, I got confused. I was interested in the Light Flurry machine, I found one just now online. Thank you for clarifying this for me I greatly appreciate it.

• 4 months later...

Hi Greg,

Will RWR be available this year? BTW I saw the current draw in one of your posts and I am sure it is here somewhere but what voltage runs these?

Thanks
Rick

Hi Rick,

Yes, all the lights will be in stock again this year. I am hoping to have coops running by March. Blizzard is in stock. The Wall Runners will also be back, with a few modifications. ;) We will also have a few new things this year as well. Your best bet is to go to my store and sign up for the newsletter. Once everything is in stock, I will be sending out an email.

www.christmasonmanor.com/store

Also, they run on 12 VDC.