Light-O-Rama Forums

Introducing: Blizzard and Rainbow Wall Runner

Ponddude

Ponddude wrote:

Remember that there are 250 different delays and 300 different speeds and that they are circular (each push ramps up till maximum value then each push ramps down till minimum value and repeats)

Do you really mean circular or do you mean up and down?

If circular, once the max value was reached, the next press would be the min value and it would work it's way back up to max value again.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ponddude

• HowardShank

• Tim P

• beeiilll

That post is actually wrong in a sense. As you are adjusting the speed it will go up to the maximum and stop. Then you will use the other button to bring it back down. This was done because there are so many levels of speed that it would take you forever to get up to the top and then slow it completely down. One button up and one button down. Two buttons change the pattern.

Ok I'm confused. Which product is in the pictures and video? And how is one product different than the other?

The pictures on this post are of Blizzard. They are a DIY version of the very popular Meteor snow tubes with different effects. The Rainbow Wall Runner will wash a wall in countless colors and must be controlled with the LOR DC board.

I wanted to describe the button operation one more time, except this time a little better. This explanation is direct from the designer so it is 100% correct...

One button is speed (how fast it falls) and the other is delay (time between falls). pressing the speed will increase speed till the max speed, then pressing that same speed button will decrease the speed till it reaches it's minimum then pressing will increase speed till maximum, and so on. The same with the delay button. Just remember that the speed and delay are separate controls.

I hope this explains it a little better.

Will you be offering the kit with a selection of LED color? For example, would it be possible to order 5 that are white, and 5 tubes that are blue?

Bob Foster wrote:

Will you be offering the kit with a selection of LED color? For example, would it be possible to order 5 that are white, and 5 tubes that are blue?

Yes, we will.

Blizzard will most likely be available in white obviously, red, green and blue. However, I certainly could arrange any other color. There is a comment section available in the store and if you need a certain color I can try and work it out. Since the strobe effect, I plan on using these in orange and purple for Halloween as well.

Also, just another note because I have gotten a lot of PM's about this. My current website does not have anything about these listed. Somewhere between Friday and Saturday I will be uploading my brand new website with a web store for these products. So, for those of you looking for any information, this topic is where you should look. I will get the website up ASAP and let everyone know when it is.

Thanks everyone for all your interest in these!!:)

Watching your site for the store info Greg.

Only a couple of days to go before you get swamped with orders for these. :shock:

Bill

Products are now available!

Hi everyone.

I am happy to announce that these lights are ready to go! Now, as I have stated before, you need to go through my website to order these. You will be able to select from a variety of options with each lighting fixture. Everything from just the circuit board and parts to everything including the tubes with caps. Now I am not saying that you have to purchase everything from me, but these are at the lowest possible price for you. I am not make any profit from these, except a few cents. So, if you were go out and purchase, lets the LEDs on your own, you would end up buying more then what I am offering these for.

Just so I make sure I am 100% clear, this is just a pre-order. These units will be on sale until Saturday, August 1st, at which point I will place the order for everything. Figure about two weeks after that these will be shipping. I promise you will have these long before September. Also, if you don’t order them know and want to talk to people about them, there will certainly be a lot of these left over. You can order these all year round if you want.

There is a lot of legal things that could happen with these products, so I have been instructed to insert a Terms and Conditions page on the site. Before you place your order, I MUST have on record that you agreed and understood the disclaimer posted here. http://www.christmasonmanor.com/termsandconditions/termsandconditions.htm In the event that you do place an order and your name or email address does not match up to something I have on file, I will contact you to ensure you agree to it. I will refund your money in full in the event you do not agree to it.

Please understand that this website was literally launched minutes ago. I will be, over the next few days, posting new things, pictures and videos. Most importantly I will be post the manuals for all the products. You will be able to see how they should be constructed and hopefully gauge if this is right for you.

Because this information has been posted on so many forums, there could be a lot to keep track of. Please send any questions to me directly at greg@christmasonmanor.com. I will answer you as quickly as possible. Also, Paypal is my credit card processor, simply because it is easy to use. The one major drawback of Paypal is its shipping processors. Actually, it is horrible. So, when these do ship, I will contact you directly and you can then pay for shipping. It is an extra step for you, but it will save you a lot of money on shipping.

These lights are a lot of fun and certainly will add a lot to your display. I will keep everyone posted via email on what is happening with these lights. When they are ready to ship I will be contacting you regarding your shipping payment. Also, if you want Blizzard in a certain color, please make note of that in the Message box on the Paypal checkout page. We will then contact you to ensure what you want.

So, let’s get started. Head on over to http://www.christmasonmanor.com and click on the Products page. Remember to agree to the Terms and Conditions and we will get this under way!

Greg

Greg,

I just hopefully posted your first order. Just a quick question. You mentioned that the Blizzards would be 2 color options, white or blue Did I read that right? There was no place to indicate which colors. Did I miss something?

Blizzard can actually be in any color you want. If you want them some color in other then white, in the message box in the Paypal checkout page, just indicate how many you want in whatever color.

If you already ordered, shoot me an email at greg@christmasonmanor.com and I will make sure you get the color you want.

Let me clairfy this even further.

After you add to card, and you are finished shopping you can click on "Proceed to Checkout." You will then need to log into your Paypal account. (Or create one if you have never used Paypal before) On the Review Your Payment page you will find this...

paypaltest.jpg

Click on the Plus (+) sign and put in the colors you want and how many.

I will take it from there.

Hi Greg,

I am interested in Blizzard but would like it to be longer, is there any thought to stretching them out to maybe 48" with 1" spacing or maybe even 72" with 1.5" spacing?

My house is 170' from the street with 200' frontage so everything gets lost if it is not super-sized.

Tim

Hi Tim,

We certainly hear your issue and understand it. Right now, the company we are using to create the circuit board has a limit to the size. We have reached that size (+/- 1/2") with Blizzard. We are currently working/thinking on making these bigger with spacking out the LED's. I will not promise that we will have them ready for this upcoming season, but if these stay as popular as they have in the last few hours, we will add them to the site.

Greg ,

Are you getting any sleep? I can imagine the last 24 hours have been very busy, well really the last several day actually.

It appears you are responding to everyone within minutes. I personally wanted to thank you for the responses and answers you are providing. I certainly don't think it will aways be this way, but it is nice while you can still do it.

Enjoy the excitement!

Tim

Thank for the kind words Tim!

Actually, the reason I decided to release these last night was because I knew I was available. I am trying very hard to keep up with the questions. I will be posting more information on these in the next few hours and over the next few days. Keep an eye out!

There was an issue with the initial demo video. The new link is here...

Sorry about that.