Light-O-Rama Forums

Is it just me or ......

Donl1150

If your Starting ID is 05 - then the rest of the port are numbered to the next ID (As Seen in Last Column)

So Dangle #9 would be ID-0D in your preview

Image203.jpg

Edited by Jimehc

ohhhh....great!  I will change things around and see what happens.  I assume things will work.  Thx!  I will let you know.

Nope.  Didn't work.  Attached is how I labeled them all in the preview.  I copied/pasted the sequence from a singing tree with the same 8 face movements and I only got a few lights scattered about on the bulb prop to light up.  And they lit up in different colors when I was expecting them all to be white for this test.  Still confused obivoulsy.

1695725283_ScreenShot2021-05-20at1_23_13PM.png.cd00a805788150ffea2d955968d0c448.png

Boy, that certainly isn’t logical since each of the 8 are separate electrical circuits.  I’ll give it a try though.  

17 minutes ago, Donl1150 said:

Boy, that certainly isn’t logical since each of the 8 are separate electrical circuits.  I’ll give it a try though.  

It's completely logical.  Each port of a Pixie controller is a separate Unit ID - no different than each of your AC controllers is a separate Unit ID - except that in the case of the Pixie, it really is on the same board.  Just as there is no logical relation between you AC controller ID 01 circuit 01, and AC controller ID 02 circuit 01; there is no logical relationship between two ports on a Pixie controller.  They are on the same board, but each port is a completely separate LOR Unit ID.

1 hour ago, Donl1150 said:

The Ports are the real circuits (ID), Pixel 1 is the string circuit closest to the port connector (unless the port is reversed using HU) 

My house is an 'L' The controller is in the corner, so Port 1 is reversed so the count starts at the far end, then the next ports are normal

(100-32-100) makes the wires short for those 3 ports (Pixie4)

Changed them all to 1 and now the preview of the prop works perfectly !  Thanks.  Problem now is the actual prop is still not lighting up properly.

1 hour ago, Donl1150 said:

Changed them all to 1 and now the preview of the prop works perfectly !  Thanks.  Problem now is the actual prop is still not lighting up properly.

Usually if that is the case, the preview is not matching reality of how the prop is actually built.  

Now if your string has 30 Pixels - then you need to set the Prop Definition to reflect 30 pixels.... Or your wiring if off...

Edited by Jimehc

Here are the no. pixels per port for the prop.  Do I have to set each port to match the pixel count?  If so, I have already done that in the Prop Definition in SE.  See attached for 13-01.

941764892_ScreenShot2021-05-20at8_25_40PM.png.5303608a88855026eadce050b60fa51d.png

1976958378_ScreenShot2021-05-20at8_29_02PM.png.2003a944bff2127bdc9e51e098d850dd.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 8.29.02 PM.png

You are using Pixels... So you need to configure the RGB tab... An AC string work as a single circuit (on/off) and is programed as such... When use smart pixels you are programing at the bulb level.... thus at a color Per channel Per Bulb. (ie 50 bulbs = 150 channels)

With Dumb RGB strings you are programming at a color per string thus 3 color channels per string..

You are making this far to difficult. I built your bulb, LCC and all.

Above you are trying to use "traditional strings" for RGB light. Click the RGB tab next to it.

What happened to all of the stuff I sent you? If you used it all of them would work. The controller and everything was built and setup.

Now there are way to many heads throwing answers that are confusing you even more.

If the preview works and the prop doesn't that will be in your physical controller settings. More than likely your controller unit ID is not correct due to the dip switch being on and you set the ID via HU. I believe you and I covered that a long time ago.

The preview setting for the controller are probably correct but the actual controller wrong would mean no lights

JR

3 hours ago, Jimehc said:

Now if your string has 30 Pixels - then you need to set the Prop Definition to reflect 30 pixels.... Or your wiring if off...

He could actually have 100 physical pixels but only sequence 30 and that will work if he doesnt want to cut the strings. 

JR

On 5/4/2021 at 12:30 PM, Donl1150 said:

JR said the Pixie 16 would be able to handle the various face movements if I re-wired it to have 8 separate channels.  So I went about cutting and splicing and created 8 separate channels for the face. 

This is what Don Stated

Edit: I'll also note that nobody knows want was shared with him privately, but what seems obvious is he does/did not Get it.

Edited by Jimehc

12 hours ago, dibblejr said:

You are making this far to difficult. I built your bulb, LCC and all.

Above you are trying to use "traditional strings" for RGB light. Click the RGB tab next to it.

What happened to all of the stuff I sent you? If you used it all of them would work. The controller and everything was built and setup.

Now there are way to many heads throwing answers that are confusing you even more.

If the preview works and the prop doesn't that will be in your physical controller settings. More than likely your controller unit ID is not correct due to the dip switch being on and you set the ID via HU. I believe you and I covered that a long time ago.

The preview setting for the controller are probably correct but the actual controller wrong would mean no lights

JR

Thanks JR.  I re-built the bulb myself in S5 since I wanted to learn how to use it.  As you probably picked up, the Pixie16 controller will be 05 in my display, not 02 has you had built for me.  As for the current situation, after I changed all of the 8 ports to RGB from traditional, the prop works perfectly and now matches my preview.  I have now begun digging into sequencing the pixels on the bulb ........ this part should get me pretty excited to continue onward.

I do have a question though.  Now I want to associate this new preview with the hanging bulb with the remainder of my imported sequences.  When I open an imported one, I am faced with making decisions as shown in the attached.  Not sure how to answer those questions.  I have tried a couple of ways and it doesn't seem to add the bulb to the sequence.  Thoughts to help me on this one?

Capture.PNG.75bdbbae4e1d35771c33eb3e4e4bcd6b.PNG

If the Bulb is in a Preview - select all the bulb elements - right click - export... Open your whole house preview - click add - import S5 prop file.... Now anything that uses that whole house preview will have the bulb available...

If you havent grouped it I would create a group in the preview.

Glad everything is finally coming together for you.

JR

Yep, I have grouped them...thanks JR

Having a problem though.    Trying to add sequence effects to the bulb but the 8 channels are cross hatched and it won't allow me to make any effects to them.  Can't figure out what is causing that or how to fix it.  Must be a setting somewhere?

800264880_ScreenShot2021-05-22at12_57_37PM.thumb.png.1016a5ced4a141252fc379693c78cb9d.png

you have to either add a Motion Effect Row to each element in your preview

or right click each element in sequence and select - Add Channel level for Pixel Prop (or something to that effect)

or select add Motion Effect Row..

Edited by Jimehc