Light-O-Rama Forums

N4-G4-MP3 Director

Trickyd

I use a G3_MP3 Director to run the display at a local church.  The building that we use to house the equipment is not heated.  December nights in Minnesota can get to -20F.  I feel the Director is a better choice for that environment.

1 hour ago, Vince4xmas said:

If I get a new N4-G4-MP3 director can I use my existing G3-MP3 (2 port) as a slave?

Right now I would say "no." My guess is there is firmware/hardware involved on the new boards that would make them incompatible with each other.

I could be wrong. Maybe @DevMike will comment later in the week.

1 hour ago, Vince4xmas said:

If I get a new N4-G4-MP3 director can I use my existing G3-MP3 (2 port) as a slave?

It would not gain you anything.  You would tie up one port on each director for the link between them, leaving 3 + 1 equals the same four that you would have with the N4. The only way you would gain is if you used an ELL link for the sync to get across the street for example and then you would have a real high speed source across the street.

47 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

It would not gain you anything.  You would tie up one port on each director for the link between them, leaving 3 + 1 equals the same four that you would have with the N4. The only way you would gain is if you used an ELL link for the sync to get across the street for example and then you would have a real high speed source across the street.

From what I'm gathering, the ELL link between N4's is more of a timing signal. Each N4 will have a SD card in it (From what I can tell/recall) that they are playing from. The link between them would be to keep timing in sync so they are all playing the same thing.

I wouldn't think would could do that with an N4 and G3, just based on how I think it works.

• 3 weeks later...

What is the "recommended" maximum number of pixels that can run on each network of the N4-G4-MP3?

Only Pixcon16's can run at 1,000K at this time correct? Pixies can only run at 500K?

4 hours ago, Vince4xmas said:

Only Pixcon16's can run at 1,000K at this time correct? Pixies can only run at 500K?

Nope.  According to the LOR network speed page, all the Pixie controllers can handle 1000K speed.

Good to know that Pixies can run at 1,000K!

What is the "recommended" maximum number of pixels that can run on each network of the N4-G4-MP3?

• The topic was locked