Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware Utility, two computers same problem

SFC SKI

This isn't my first year, yet I always seem to have issues. Current issue is spanning across two separate computers. fault: Ther serial port has a problem you may need to select another port- Overflow Trace: Set Intensity.

1. auto config works, selects comm port 4

2. refresh works picks up CCR unit 1D

3. update unit works.

problems occur when I try to test the ribbon using the hardware utility. If I click on the

on at 100% = Overflow Trace: SenIntensity then comm error

Fade 0/100%= overflow trace: Fade then the comm error

any attempt to test the ribbon results in an error.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

problem 2 (maybe connected)

using same controller and comm port before the error and test my show through the sequence editor the lights work. Only on a test program, If i use it on my newly sequenced show the roof ccrs on Aux E numbers 1C, 1D, 1E, and 1F are all working at the same time. one ccr is plugged in Aux E comm 4 unit 1C responds to commands from my sequence from units IC/1D/1E/1F and I cant tell you why???

Fade 0/100% is on the main test page for AC controllers.   You need to click the button for 'Pixel Console' to test a CCR. 

• Like 1

Thank you Bob, guess I was stuck on the old way....

Second question Bob, my last CCRs in my sequence editor are all working at the same time. I have on CCR plugged in and one usb and one controller (same one I just tested) wanted to see how it played. My Unit ID is 1C, but it is accepting signals from the Units below it. from 1D, 1E, and 1F. If I delete these channels it works, I am close to maxing out my licesene level could this problem mean I have more CCRs, Pixel, dumb ribbons, RGB floods than I'm allowed? Is the 8 pack of RGB floods one or 8???

That behavior makes me think the config has repeating units.  I have advance so cant speak from experience on what happens when you exceed unit limits.  But  I do know the 8 pack is one unit. 

If you post your config I can tell you what is going on. 

Just drag and dropped the sequence on the page its crazy long is that what you want or is there another way to get you the config?

• The topic was locked