Light-O-Rama Forums

Easy Light Linker & Hardware Utility

Crimson Lane Lights Etown

I am having trouble getting Easy Light Linker to recognize each controller.  The hardware utility sees the ELLs and when refreshed, sees all controllers.  I can test each controller individually and they test fine.  I exit HU. As soon as I go to sequence editor, any controller after ELL one, just blinks inside, waiting for data.  There must be a simple "switch it on" thing.  Anybody know? S3.12 all controllers are gen3 v1.07.  I tried reconfiguring the wiring, but still the same result.  Thanks

I would bet you have the same issue I had two years ago... either the connector on the ELL or on the first controller in line is most likely bad. 

To find out which.  disconnect the ELL and connect your computer (laptop).  see if all the controllers are there and the lights goes solid.  If so use the other connector on the ELL.. (or you can just do that first)..

If that doesn't fix it, start at the first controller with the computer not using the cable from the ELL.  and so on down the line.

Each controller must also have its own address just in case you are running them all on the default address "01". They should be 01, 02, 03....

I just finished changing all the cat5 on each ELL. not the problem.  I also unscrewed the back of the ELL to access the J5 connections and tried both.  The red light (1) is flashing.  Red light (2) is fast and dim, like wifi lights on a router. All controllers are numbered properly.  Again, the HU recognizes all controllers.  When switching to Sequence Editor or Enable Shows, data stops getting through.

ok, I think I got it. The ELL Easy Light Linker's need to be on the same page (wavelength) to transmit between each other.  Including network speed of Show PC (which is a separate laptop for me)

see notes from user manual page 7 Radio Frequency and Network Speed and Important Notes

Thanks for your help. 

• The topic was locked