Light-O-Rama Forums

So It Begins!

dgrant

Do you have a website or Facebook? Might have to take a trip up there

I dont have either yet, my girl friend has facebook, but I can't remember her name she goes by. I am little social media stupid. I am going to put my display on you tube when it is up and running and I have worked out the bugs. I will see my girl freind later and find put what her facebook name is,.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dgrant

• k6ccc

• Santas Helper

• Gary N

Just to make those of you jealous who are dealing with rain, snow and freakin cold a$$ weather. It is a balmy 67 degrees right now with gorgeous blue skies here in Southern California. Couldn't ask for a better day to put up the lights. Just sayin....... ;-)

I'm about 10 miles west of him so the weather was about the same.  I did have to climb into the attic to plug in the power and LAN cable for the pixel tree.  It was HOT up there - 94F.

Got the pixel tree up so all the props are ready to go.  Adjusted my network preferences to add the 11 DMX universes that the tree and star use.  As soon as it's dark I'm gonna play a song or two and make sure everything looks good...

I have Zara radio running Christmas music on my FM now.  Once I make sure I have the events scheduling working the way I want, I will put up the Tune To signs.  Still need to get the new primary FM transmitter installed (using the backup now), and get the audio feed onto the good cable.  Both should improve the audio quality....

...I dont have either yet, my girl friend has facebook, but I can't remember her name ...

Better learn her name soon.

Lol

Just to make those of you jealous who are dealing with rain, snow and freakin cold a$$ weather. It is a balmy 67 degrees right now with gorgeous blue skies here in Southern California. Couldn't ask for a better day to put up the lights. Just sayin....... ;-)

that sounds so familiar. I live in Wisconsin and every year my dad goes down south for the winter. And at least once a month he has to call up and remind me what the temperature is where he's at. So think of us northern guys and next time you're sitting down to sequencing I'm dreaming of a WHITE Christmas or FROSTY the Snowman. I think you guys in the warmer climates are missing out. My kids go outside dig holes in the snow banks throw snowballs make snowmen go sledding. Then come in for hot chocolate. There's times I curse about this weather but I don't think I would move away from it I might miss the changing of the seasons. Besides winter every spring everything comes to life and in fall Mother Nature puts on one hell of a color show with the trees. But that's just my opinion

Done with setup for ALL 16 houses since Saturday night.  Total setup time was 4 weeks.  Been testing every night- issues in programming fixed..just waiting on new FM transmitter and will be ready for Grand Opening of Santa Claus Lane's first year!

I got 3 mini trees done, 1 more to do. 2 medium trees, all 4 color. Roof lights, 5 more windows, 1 pillar, ......I still got time lol. Have to make a run to get more lights though. 6 sequences done. Controllers should be in place and mounted tomorrow. Power run to trees tomorrow too.......I still got time lol.

Normally I am all setup by now but because health issues it has been slow.

I should be ready Dec 1st (I hope).

• 2 weeks later...

The time is arriving now. For me, just less than two hours to show time! Everything is in hot-standby and waiting for the show player to start it up. Of course, about the same time, here comes the rain. Sure hope it runs and doesn't turn into a total washout.

I just started mine for the first time this year I just hope everything's gonna be ok with all the rain we are getting, so far so good

The time is arriving now. For me, just less than two hours to show time! Everything is in hot-standby and waiting for the show player to start it up. Of course, about the same time, here comes the rain. Sure hope it runs and doesn't turn into a total washout.

Post some videos when you get a chance; love to see your display

Two more days for me. Put up my "Tune 101.5" signs today and personally invited a couple neighbors. Also added a new light for my flagpole that is a year round installation.

Tomorrow I will spend a couple hours editing voice files in Audacity for my off-show hours Zara Radio. And I'll sequence my start of each show cycle announcements, but that won't take more than hour.

Tomorrow is our big day for set up.  All we've gotten done thus far is the bushes, one of our trees (a real tree, not a megatree), and the windows.  Tomorrow we'll do the yard decor and perimeter, the inflatables, and the two giant holly trees.  But we may not light up the show until Saturday or Sunday because I only just got my SPT1 wire to make extension cords (I bought 500 feet and now I'm wonder if it'll be enough).  I bought SPT in order to do the long runs from the windows - we have enough cords for the static stuff that won't be on the controller.  

I'm super excited and hope everything goes off without a hitch once it is all installed!

Mine started up normally and of course, here comes the rain. Hope the GFCI's don't trip it off as I have cars out there already watching. Several car loads were there for the first startup which was cool.

Post some videos when you get a chance; love to see your display

Will do videos next weekend, I hope

Went live tonight for family and friends. Well minus my four large front trees( time issues). Even without them it didn't look bad.

Hopefully I will get things tied up this weekend.

They were stoked. The had no clue the trees weren't part of the show.

One of my megatrees is losing comm. Will have to look at it tomorrow since its raining out there now. May have to take it off the ELL and wire direct