• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dgrant

• k6ccc

• Santas Helper

• Gary N

still in the process of taking down my 175' long haunted halloween tunnel.  Hoping to start hanging the lights by this weekend!

Hoping to get Halloween stuff down tomorrow -- been raining since Sunday and finally stopped today. Stuff should be dry enough to take down tomorrow.  Then this weekend I'll start getting everything out of the attic.  Have to work Sat morning so only a part day Saturday to get started.  also supposed to rain again this weekend. :-(

I'm kinda wondering how the weather will effect folks with their displays this year because of the El Nino happening this year.

Started some of my big trees last week, stand on the roof for the star, trying to stay in front of the cold weather this year. First year with LOR, display three times as big as years before. Cold this weekend, looks like its in the 50's next week. Can only hope, northern wisconsin.

This is my first year . Can't wait to see what it looks like ! Should be ready to light em up by next weekend. Hope all goes as planned.

Got my first pixel tree up today and lots of things connected in the yard. Still have to do the two megatrees, roof, second pixel tree and other small things

Well I would of been done 75% of my display in October if I was doing a regular musical show but since I am not going musical this year (the 1st time since 2007) it won't take me long to set up despite the rain, snow, ice & -8c (17 F) evening  temperatures. Day temps are not bad at 4 c ( 24.8 F) ...... that is a good warm temperature to set up a display for us up this way. 

I got a whole bunch completed yesterday, not just because the weather is still amazing ( corvettes and harleys still driving around ) but also because my neighbor is moving and was having an open house. I want whoever that buys his house to know what their getting into by living next to me! On a brighter note, I got a new neighbor directly across the street from me and he's already a fan from next year and has agreed to let me control his lights for this years show! Boom! We're getting bigger!

...I am not going musical this year (the 1st time since 2007)...

Scott,

As I've told you before, it's kinda sad to me that you're not dancing this year, even though you have good reasons. I've made great progress getting my show set up, but still only about 1/2 the way done. When it's finished, it will be the best I've ever put out there - thanks to you and a few others! Your show won't be totally off though. Canada shows can live in Oklahoma.... Many of your suggestions and songs will be dancing here this year. Thanks for all you've done for me.

- Daniel

I got the CCP arches up today, and tomorrow I will have the lights on the wall up.  The GECE bulbs on the eves are used for Halloween so they went up several weeks ago.  That will only leave the pixel tree which is delayed by the E682 that controls it being missing.  The replacement is scheduled to arrive Thursday so I will take it into work Friday to build the kit (we have better soldering equipment and a FAR better lighted magnifier than I have at home).  Next weekend is a 3 day weekend, (but I have several other things competing for my time), but I should get the tree put back together, tested and installed sometime over the weekend.  I'm looking forward to playing the arches and eves for test this evening.

While setting up today I had Zara Radio playing Christmas music to the yard speakers so I know that's working.  And before it gets dark I'm going to get last year's FM transmitter operational.  I will be changing the transmitter before the show starts, but I can put the old transmitter in service for my testing in about 5 minutes...

I am also 75% done with the setup. We are supposed to get winds 65-75 mph. Hail also. I can only hope for the best.

I am also 75% done with the setup. We are supposed to get winds 65-75 mph. Hail also. I can only hope for the best.

Full sandwich baggy of burned out, broken, and dim lights after testing ~20,000 of our ~80,000 lights.  And yep, I still love incandescents. :D

2015-BurnedOut.jpg

I got started today after listening to the neighbors ask for a week. Got most of the roof and a good start on one tree done. Man lift will be here next weekend and should get wrapped up.

Jeff....I have about 120,000 of my incandescent lights checked, tested and in place for this year. I had less than 100 bulbs that I changed and some of them were just faded and looking closer to white than their original color. Being retired is so cool...now I can hunt AND play with the lights.

kevinkolak.com

Got the wall strings up today and ran a sequence after it got dark.  Looking good so far.  Pixel tree and star by the end of my long weekend (I hope).  Then a few little things to do:

Trim the tree in the parking strip so it does not block the view of the higher stuff,

Put the new FM transmitter in place on the new cabling,

Finish sequencing Wizards In Winter,

Put the Tune To signs up (but those don't go up until a few days before the show starts,

Update the website,

Record new show start announcement and then sequence the lights for that (that's an easy one),

Setup playlists and announcements for Zara Radio for off-hours music,

Test EVERYTHING!

100% up and running 2 days ago. However, last night major winds (50 mph+) and rain. Lost (2) sparkleballs and (3) coro trees.

At least I have next week for repairs before going live on 11/27/15!

Bummer.