Light-O-Rama Forums

ShutDown for the Season

dgrant

I've got one megatree down today. WIll do the other one tomorrow, then all that's left is the roof lights.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dgrant

• Santas Helper

• portcity_gt

• k6ccc

I managed to get the controllers out of the yard and some lights down, but at 1 degree, it just got to be too cold!

Jfulker, hate to make you feel bad bit it's almost 80 outside here right now. I got everything down, but waiting for it to cool down before putting most of it away in the attic because it's 96 degrees up there as I type this.

There is a reason I live here - and its not the state politics. Hey, it was brutal cold between Christmas and New Years - overnight lows were down in the 30s. Almost tied the record for coldest New Years Eve on record for the Rose Parade (32). If I want to see snow, I can look at an 11K mountain

Let me finish that before hitting the post button...

There is snow on an 11K foot mountain not far from here that looks very nice (up there where the snow belongs).

Let's see, now that the yard does not have the show stuff on it, I'll have to have the kid now the lawn this week...

I'll have to have the kid mow the lawn this week...

LOL, dang the growing lawn. :)

I saw my riding mower in the shop today as I was carrying totes of lights by it.

I said "hello, I'll fire you up here in a few months". LOL

Let me finish that before hitting the post button... There is snow on an 11K foot mountain not far from here that looks very nice (up there where the snow belongs). Let's see, now that the yard does not have the show stuff on it, I'll have to have the kid now the lawn this week...

There's snow still up there on the top of that mountain in the middle of summer, I know, I've been to the top!

I guess its officially over, i started taking down the mega tree today.

Yeah, its sad to see everything get put away  :mellow:

Yeah, its sad to see everything get put away  :mellow:

Yep, I was thinking the same thing today as I started disconnecting everything.

It was sad and painful. :(

Whats going to be painful for me is getting into pixels for next year. ....now i just have to figure out how to get the money.

Got almost everything down but now the planning for 2015 begins. Was given permission to add on 2 more controllers for a total of 48 channels. So time to revamp the entire layout. Hahaha. Started working on that tonight and almost have it worked out. Still have 8 channels I haven't decided on what to do with yet. I have some ideas though.

Got almost everything down but now the planning for 2015 begins. Was given permission to add on 2 more controllers for a total of 48 channels. So time to revamp the entire layout. Hahaha. Started working on that tonight and almost have it worked out. Still have 8 channels I haven't decided on what to do with yet. I have some ideas though.

If you don't have them yet, either arches or candy cane spinners! I only hear people say good things about them in our display.

If you don't have them yet, either arches or candy cane spinners! I only hear people say good things about them in our display.

3 5 channel arches are in the mix, as are 7 4ft "mini trees" Also have what I am calling a mini mega worked in as well (7ft tall) but just 4 channels, may add a couple more channels to that and turn it into a spiral tree of some sort. Candy cane spinners are a thought. It's early still. There is enought changes right now that I need to do a lot of sequence tweaking so I don't have to decide on the last 8 right away. Revamped almost everything to make going forward in the future easier. Next year is 2nd year so still learning the ways of the force. :)

Show was shut down on Sunday 10 PM

Will try to put stuff away this weekend and hope to have most of it done by the 19th.

It is below freezing here so it takes a while.

At the request of the City I am leaving the lights on the house and windows on for a few weeks.

At the request of the City I am leaving the lights on the house and windows on for a few weeks.

Now that must be cool. I've never heard of that before.