Light-O-Rama Forums

ShutDown for the Season

dgrant

True shame, but the time has come. I stood outside in the cold and watched it play its final song, Jingle Bells in this case. Went inside the garage and unplugged the controllers. Its shut down for the season now...sad as it is. Hope we all touched someone's heart a little for the Christmas season.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dgrant

• Santas Helper

• portcity_gt

• k6ccc

We are going to do the same on Friday night. :( it's been fun for sure this year. Planning on bundling up and going out to dance in the driveway with the family and then pulling the plug.

Same here Dave, Only one car parked to enjoy last night that I saw so today was the day. I had several people stop there cars as I was tearing down and told me how much their families enjoyed it.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me make this an excellent season.

~Matt

show ended at 11:00pm and already mapping out for next years shows, lol

next show July 1, 2015 - July 6, 2015

Watched the lights one last time in the driveway with friends.  Now lights out until Halloween.  Just a few things to repair or tweak, plus plan for the new additions.  It was fun while it lasted.

Tonight will be last night of the year, was supposed to be last night but I got a request to run it one more day. Can't wait to start the teardown and get my driveway back!

I think were all in the same boat mine played the last song Auld Lang Syne at 11:59 pm and then fireworks off the deck. Hope everyone had a great 2014.

Geesh! Tearing down the lights is like a loved one that moves or goes far away, Sad to see them go, you think about them all year, and happy to see them when back again!

Just got out the storage boxes.  First task is to throw away all the light strings that are partially out.  That's the hard part for me, throwing stuff away.

Maybe I could fix them if I just had the time.

Just got out the storage boxes.  First task is to throw away all the light strings that are partially out.  That's the hard part for me, throwing stuff away.

Maybe I could fix them if I just had the time.

I strip them down and make extension cords with them. Bulbs go in the spare bulb box but I use quite a few old light sets as leads a 200 string can be a very cheap lead.

Took the tune to sign into the garage this morning.  We're done as well.

At this time of year last year in Michigan we were multiple feet deep in snow and ice.  This year nothing.  Will be nice to get things put away before April.

Had a great 4-1/2 hour stint this morning with the daughter. After lunch the boy and I will put in another couple hours. Then over the weekend hopefully the whole family and I can spend a few hours and get the mega-trees down. Then it's just house decorations and lights which I do myself over a few days (probably 8hrs into it).

And to think that it takes weeks to put it all up! :)

I'm about 1/4th way down now but had to stop due to raining outside. The controllers are inside the garage again so that's good as I won't have to worry about them. Got the arches inside and various props. 

Too flipping cold and icy today to even think about taking down.

I'm thinking to not run it through this weekend, then start running again Monday the 5th.

We'll just say I'm first at having my 2015 display up & running...

Brought all the signs and banners in.  We are off also but I have two private showings in the next two days.. then I can strike... Take a 7-10 for me to strike the entire scene.

30's-40's and raining here, so im certainly not taking anything down....hell i might not even put on pants today.

I'll be outside in -30 deg C weather tomorrow starting the breakdown, just need to get the stuff out of the driveway so I can once again park in it. The rest can wait for a warmer spell.........

Mine are staying up and on a few more days for my wife's birthday party on Saturday. But after that, controllers are getting powered off and pulled inside, and lights will come down when there is a warm day. It's a bitter sweet moment, but I can't wait until next year when I can set up a bigger and better show!

Have rain and ice coming in tonight so started yesterday evening and finished the tear down today. Now have to spend a day in the basement putting things in tubs and cleaning out my storage room. anybody else keep lights  and other decorations you have not used in 4 years.